Favorite/Most Hated Sound Effects ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Lol that happened to me once. was looting some bandits i killed. Turn around, blood dragon. Although he was a friendly dragon *Meaning he didnt attack me he just stared at me*
It's rare to find good friends these days

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Lol that happened to me once. was looting some bandits i killed. Turn around, blood dragon. Although he was a friendly dragon *Meaning he didnt attack me he just stared at me*
Maybe you impressed him! I did have a dragon just sit on top of the cottage outside of Markarth and watch me fight the 3 foreswarn from the bridge. Once I was done, I was all tensed up thinking he would attack me but he just sat another couple of seconds and then flew away. Weird.

Fevershaking

The King of "NOPE!"
Maybe you impressed him! I did have a dragon just sit on top of the cottage outside of Markarth and watch me fight the 3 foreswarn from the bridge. Once I was done, I was all tensed up thinking he would attack me but he just sat another couple of seconds and then flew away. Weird.
What i did wasn't all that impressive. I was the usual battle with the usual "You nevuh shoulda cum here >:L"

When I mistakenly take all my ingredients from my alchemy satchel and have to put them all back. I always end up eating something I regret !

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Zombie groans in my ear while sneaking.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
My favorite definitely has to be the chanting right before you collect a word from the wall.
Least favorite is kind of a tie between draugr noises and spider noises.

WillnRoll

The most hateful sound effect is when you are at home browsing your sweet loot chest, then decide to take something, but accidentally take all, man it makes me want to put my PS3 in the microwave.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I absolutely adore the sound you get when you discover a new place. One of the reasons I use a mod that gives you more map markers is so I can hear that sound more often. :p Upon entering a town, I'll run around discovering inns and shops and shrines and what have you, that sound playing over and over over...

There's also a few seconds of music that play whenever you enter an inn or a small town for the first time that sound so welcoming and peaceful, like you've just found a warm oasis in the middle of a blizzard.

Favorite: Word Wall Chanting, Dragon Language, Shouts, Dragon Battle Music, Arrow hitting its target.

Dislike: Nirnroot, Bears, Saber cats, Everything Serana and Lucian have to say to me.

Ivory

Let's Player
Bear sounds. HATE.

For some reason, I love the sound of my character's footsteps when I'm just trekking along.

Jackanapes

I hate frostbite spider noises. They give me the chills every time. But I love the sound of walking on creaking boards, and the sound of creaking wood and water rushing when I am on a ship.

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
I like anything involving the male chorus: the word wall chant, level-up shout, "Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin" song, etc.

I've only been getting into alchemy recently because of my blog (before that, I'd pretty much ignored it for hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay), but I find the clinking and bubbling sort of soothing.

I like the critical hit/sneak attack sound, although I can certainly understand why it annoys the hell out of some.

The spider-scuttling sounds are creepy but I don't actively dislike them. Bears themselves are annoying but I don't mind their roars that much. (I might think differently if I played with headphones: they'd probably scare the crap out of me.)

I think my least favorite sound is the "oof!" a male character makes when stepping on a trap, getting hit hard, etc. It just sounds ... bad. I've made a lot of characters, all very different from each other, and each time I hear that sound I have a WTF moment. (Really? I sound like that?)

I'm also wondering whether there's something wrong with my brain: whenever my character absorbs a dragon soul, there's this bit near the end of that sound that sounds like ... high pitched .... chickens clucking? I don't know how else to describe it. I wonder whether anyone else hears this or whether my brain decided early on to interpret the sound this way and how I have no way of undoing that weird bit of wiring. Where are all of these tiny chickens hiding?

Dark Assassin

Obsessed with the aldmeri dominion
Favorite: when an arrow comes flying by me

Most hated: The noise that it makes when your a vampire and you go outside

Annageckos

I hate hate hate the creaking noise that skeletons make. And the banging when doing smithing. Meeko's bark can get on my nerves too, when he stands there and barks and barks.

I love the music in the game. My favorite is during a dragon fight. Some of the noises that the alchemy ingredients make, and when you come up to a word wall.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts