Favorite/Most Hated Sound Effects ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

I know it`s silly , but I love the little squirt noise you get when handling bees and dartwings !

I really hate the male Altmer zombie moans which is my nomination for the single most irritating sound in the game.

golso

I love that the goats have little stampy hoof noises

But when I'm alchemising (words that exist) that bottle clinking noise drives me nuts, it's so annoying

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I know it`s silly , but I love the little squirt noise you get when handling bees and dartwings !

I really hate the male Altmer zombie moans which is my nomination for the single most irritating sound in the game.
I haven't used Dead Thrall so I can't comment on that.

For the most part I think the sounds are pretty well done. I like the zip sound from catching bugs also. :D

If we're excluding hearing the same dialogue over and over and over again and the OCD people have with talking to me if I'm within 5 feet of them, I'm gonna have to say listening to my horse breathe in the background as I'm trying to make a sale with a Khajiit merchant is starting to get on my nerves. And bears. They manage to sound like they're right on top of you but it takes 10 minutes of searching to find the damn thing.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I love that the goats have little stampy hoof noises

But when I'm alchemising (words that exist) that bottle clinking noise drives me nuts, it's so annoying
I like the sound as you create a potion but listening to the mortar and pestle does get annoying after a while.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I hate the sound the bears make when growling. It always startles me because it's so loud.

My favorite sound is when I pick up coin purses. The little jingling sound always brings a smile to my face. :p

Iveri Sarothil

Most hated sound would have to be any sound that the giant bugs make. Frosbite spiders make me uncomfortable enough, as do Chaurus. *shudder*

I love the little breathy sound as I draw my bow. Makes things feel a lot more realistic.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Can't believe I forgot this one: Nirnroot. I used to like it when I played Oblivion but now the constant ringing when I'm near one is maddening.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Can't believe I forgot this one: Nirnroot. I used to like it when I played Oblivion but now the constant ringing when I'm near one is maddening.

The sound of Nirnroot never drove me crazy until I did the quest in Blackreach where I had to collect 30 crimson ones. It's dark down there, I had about six or so more to collect, and I kept hearing that infernal sound but could never figure out where they were. It was maddening, indeed haha.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Critical strikes and sneak attacks. I can't stand them anymore.

Chadonraz

Bears and Nirnroot for me, too. Sometimes I get a glitch where I'll hear the jumping sound (when you land) over and over again. It's damn annoying, but can often be fixed by actually jumping.

As for favourite... possibly the chanting when near a Word Wall. :D
Or the sounds goats and cows make.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Favorite:

The solid, resounding *thunk* an arrow makes as it finds its target. Made even sweeter by the little stealth-detection "eye" opening for that one split micro-second before the bandit is instantly killed.

Least favorite:

Nirnroot's pretty high up there, but I'll give it to the little guttural snarf-sounds foxes make when you get to close. Sort of creep me out.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !

The most ugly of all in my opinion is the one when Aela the Hunter fire up the dead body of the chief of the Companions.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
... and the most beautiful of all is probably the ROAR of a dragon or the unrelenting force .... ;) ... :bluedragon:

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Love the roar of a bear or sabre cat (although the arrow "thunk" is right up there)

Hate the rattle of skeletons (from 2 rooms away?) and the endless repetative dialogues, but we're probably discounting that. Also I would have to say the click of the Chaurus' (Chaurusi?)

AS88

Staff member
I find the sound effects to be pretty good, especially with good headphones on (it totally transforms the experience).

As others have said, bears and nirnroots are my least favourite, just too loud!

Daelon DuLac

I find the sound effects to be pretty good, especially with good headphones on (it totally transforms the experience).

As others have said, bears and nirnroots are my least favourite, just too loud!
Especially w/headphones on! The nimroots don't bother me, but the bears just ROAR! and it's so much louder than everything else.

AS88

Staff member
Especially w/headphones on! The nimroots don't bother me, but the bears just ROAR! and it's so much louder than everything else.

Bears louder than Dragons is ridiculous

Daelon DuLac

Bears louder than Dragons is ridiculous
Well, they do tend to get closer to you. I have an issue with Dragons never landing for me. I'm getting a bit tired of always shooting them out of the sky and then having to go find the crater that, for some reason, they never create when they come crashing down.

Wildroses

On the heebie jeebies scale, I am so frightened of that wet shuffling noise the frostbite spiders make when they sneak up on me.

And for just annoying, I always hope my daughters bring home bunnies now, because these foxes they find in the wild they clearly managed to catch because they all have asthma and emphysema. In the Hearthfire Manors the only place I can escape the sound of wheezing is in the cellar. How the hell do the children manage to fall asleep with all that gasping by their bed?

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
I love the sound effects in this game, save a few.

Nirnroot is very annoying, as well as bears and all associated heart attacks they give me, but one sound I despise is Chaurus and Chaurus Hunters. Not only do the things themselves disgust me, but the noises... Ugh, especially when one bursts from it's cocoon... you can just kill me now.

I honestly love the dragon's voices. Not only when you are talking to them, but also just when they shout when you are in battle with them.

I also love the satisfying sound when you bash a skeleton to bits, and it's bones go flying. That sound is just... so... satisfying.

The thud of an arrow meeting it's mark is very satisfying too. Especially if it's an impossible shot, like I have managed to pull of many of on my huntress - she is tracking a deer, lines up the shot, hits, the thing is down 3/4 of it's health, so I draw again, and the arrow flies through the leaves and thick brush and I hear the light thud of the arrow, and the deer collapses... fantastic.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts