• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mr. Saturn

hey, ive tried just about every mage style, and i was wondering what others enjoyed. currently, i am using an atromancer, and i really enjoy it. i use no destruction, and attack with atronachs and bound weapons. i also use restoration and alteration for secondary skills, and am working on my enchanting. im using a breton.

cloistermage was interesting too. i thought it was a bit boring though

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

Conjuration as my primary skill, and restoration as my secondary. I call this build my lazy-ass mage because all she does is summon two Dremora lords, take out her shield, and let Lydia and the Dremoras rip into her enemies while she sits back and drinks a beer.

Mr. Saturn

similar to mine, but i add bound weapons to soul trap for my enchants. but i like it. its a good change of pace from the KILL IT WITH FIRE approach

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I like to use a "shadow mage" type myself. This kind of mage combines Sneak with several schools of magic, besides restoration (I only get apprentice restoration for steadfast ward, healing hands and fast healing). I also usually use light armor with my mage builds instead of worrying about the mage armor perks in Alteration. Having to cast mage armor spells over and over again is a pain in battle.

Volanere

Grand Magister
A balanced mix of destruction and conjuration, but then again I just started playing a Mage yesterday.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
My favorite mage style is :cool: Gangnam Style
images

Bluebaron

I like using destruction magic with my khajiit especially flames nothing like seeing a vampire or enemy burning up before your eyes . I also am starting to use some conjuration magic as well to help with the leveling up process . I still do carry soul trapping weapons like a ebony or stalhrim sword in case my magic doesnt kill quicly enough along with my dwarven crossbow for archery kills .

Shieldmage (Spellshield?) BAMFO is more powerful, but there isn't enough massed combat (True melee's) in the game to really get the most out of him. Wall of Flames (Or whatever) and the Targe of the Blooded, no other armor except maybe Nahkriin. Master Robes of Destruction, and Thalmor Boots/gloves just to match. Hose down the enemy, and Stunlock them in the inferno you created, extremely Perk efficient because of Block (you don't need as many levels) with good defense from Elemental Protection, Deflect Arrows, and Stagger. Similarly, a Spellsword who doesn't mind doing the DBH can get Windshear for pretty much the same tactic. If you get overwhelmed, because it's a relatively slow style, you can always Stun&Run, then pick them off at range with missile spells.

I went Breton, because this works on everything except Dragons, and you have to unlock them for the Targe. Get the Atronach stone, pop Dragonskin, and use their breath to charge you up for Thunderbolts, or Lightning Storm. Alduin didn't last 60 seconds (the duration of the Greater Power) of that combo on Master. You can use a Scroll of Guardian Circle for a mad minute of Endless Magicka. I did this at the Throat of the World wearing nothing but a Loincloth. Double cast Wall of Frost/storms to hose down his massive footprint once he's grounded by DR. Wall spells last 20 seconds, and you don't have to hold them down, you can just pulse them quickly if you know right where they're going to stand. Sure, you can stunlock with Impact, but you have to keep recasting, and it's horibly inefficeint use of Magicka. (Which is why most Impact mages enchant a Glitch Suit of Destruction.)

You can also Flameroad, especially Giants. Just kite them around, and cast it at your feet, they will run through damage constantly until they die. Works real well on Warlord Gathrik with an Unarmored Altmer (He runs real fast.) Or just Bash&Burn if you can stun him (With Fus, you don't want to blow him back with Rohdah.) Works well on just about anything you can get to chase you, but still outrun. I just like the shield for stunning in close quarters, and the Elemental Protection. Spellbreaker is even better if you get Restoration up to 60 for Ward Absorb, since you can soak up Dragonbreath, but still summon.

My favorite is just Wizard. All schools, no Warrior or Theif skills, on Master. My primary spell combo is Ice Storm, and Flaming Familiar, because the former triggers the latter, and they can go over, or through cover so you don't have to expose yourself. Aura Whisper really helps with aiming...

Harc

Big Hog
I'm the grand Mage in the thalmor. So I wear my non hooded thalmor robes, I am more of a rune caster, I cast a lighting rune, as the person is about to step over it I thunderbolt their foot and it does a crapload of damage.

Lightning Rune+trigger spell is another good choice. I use the Rune spells as "Poor Man's fireball" until I unlock the Wall spells to mine my escape. You can cast them at your feet while kiting too.

Urzek

Hmm, maybe the handicapped style? The one who sits in a wheel chair and having his follower push him around skyrim? That would be really awesome, disabled but have an understanding about space and time, more like Stephen Hawking.

Yes, yes. I would call it the Stephen Hawking build.

Oxxul

For being serious and making massacre, an Main Destruction, and Secundary Conjuration and Alteration, For having fun, Illusion, it is fun going around making people go crazy and kill themselves.

sticky runes

I've only done one pure mage style so far, and she's mostly destruction and conjuring. I'm thinking of going for a Galadriel style build some time, and focus on restoration, illusion and alteration.