Favorite dungeons for sneaking and best arrow shots

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bronxtale

I am an assassainand i really can't find dungeon/forts that is good for sneaking around or im just a bad assassain. Oh and best arrow shots too i once killed a forsworn between the eyes : )

P.s. for the sneaky thieves/assassains do you guys bring a follower with you i prefer not to but can they be useful?

Morgan

For arrow shots: Wolfskull Cavern. There is absolutely no way to argue against this. Dedicated marksmen can literally clear everything except the scripted boss from a platform right at the entrance, but you have to be able to hit targets that are just the very slight bump of the top of a head over a wall at the absolute limit of arrow range to do it. It's the most beautiful place in the world for archers.

For sneaking I don't know if it's the best, but Goldenglow Estate is quite good. Lots of rooms with multiple entrances, mazey hallways, several floors, mixes of seated and patroling mercs, and a couple of fire traps. It's situated in a way that makes it very hard to get every kill as a backstab, but not quite impossible.

Last edit: (probably a lie, but oh well) I have to leave behind followers for the true sneaky adventures. There's just no way to reliably keep them quiet, no matter how much you load them with muffle boots, sneak gear, and mods that keep them from engaging in combat as soon as they smell a bandit's fart.

bronxtale

wolfskull cave maybe i'll try it thank you for the replies sooo having followers is not good?

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
NEVER have a follower if you are sneak oriented. Trust me, its such a bother. You'll be a couple inches from your kill, you can see that death cam sequence already and then BAM, the sneak eye opens and your enemy turns around and 2 shots you with a warhammer.

You won't need one anyway (unless RP reasons, I guess) as sneak is OP and as long as you stay unseen, clearing out areas will not be hard, just time consuming. Plus, its just a better feeling sneaking around alone in the shadows killing off the weaker ones of a group. As Morgan said, Goldenglow Estate is actually really fun to go around backstabbing all the mercs and they don't even have a clue.

Morgan

wolfskull cave maybe i'll try it thank you for the replies sooo having followers is not good?

They complement certain playstyles better than others. Sneaky assassin tends not to be one of the ones that mixes with followers very well, or at all. Archer is okay though, since with the long-distance shots you're usually too far for them to notice the enemy.

bronxtale

when i mean best arrow shot like (forgive the pun) shot a arrow in the knee far away while in sneak for me right between the eyes

Pileggi

Today I managed to hit a dragon in the head as it flew past very close over whilst coming towards me with a cross bolt.

I still haven't hit a moving dragon flying a short or medium distance, I'm wondering if it's even possible?

Anyone who has hit a dragon flying at a medium distance travelling horizontally across the screen then my hat goes off to you!

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I just went through Lost Knife Skyrim:Lost Knife Hideout - UESPWiki it's pretty good. It has a huge cavernous part where you can take long range shots at bandits in the center, and after clearing those you can shoot at bandits on an upper bridgeway. Once you get into the room where the leader is, you can sneak down a waterfall, unleash a sabre cat on them if you're really sneaky. A good time was had by all.

Morgan

I just went through Lost Knife Skyrim:Lost Knife Hideout - UESPWiki it's pretty good. It has a huge cavernous part where you can take long range shots at bandits in the center, and after clearing those you can shoot at bandits on an upper bridgeway. Once you get into the room where the leader is, you can sneak down a waterfall, unleash a sabre cat on them if you're really sneaky. A good time was had by all.

Oh that's a good one too! If you get close enough and listen to their conversations, they have custom dialogue and complain about how crazy the boss has gotten.

bronxtale

Today I managed to hit a dragon in the head as it flew past very close over whilst coming towards me with a cross bolt.

I still haven't hit a moving dragon flying a short or medium distance, I'm wondering if it's even possible?

Anyone who has hit a dragon flying at a medium distance travelling horizontally across the screen then my hat goes off to you!
wow! you sir are a true crossbowman that is amazing! lost knife hide out hmmm already done what about Katriah (ship where the emperor is)

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Oh that's a good one too! If you get close enough and listen to their conversations, they have custom dialogue and complain about how crazy the boss has gotten.

In White River Watch, you can overhear Bandits plotting to murder their watchman (who's blind and useless. You can talk to him and he mistakes you for the Bandit guard outside).

In Embershard Mine, you can hear a Bandit ordering his comrade to rest, as his shift is coming up soon.

In Morvunskar, a Mage complains about how he's the forge worker, when Mages don't even use weapons, and his comrade listens and occasionally mocks him.

I'm amazed at all the little stuff they put in Skyrim.

Morgan

In White River Watch, you can overhear Bandits plotting to murder their watchman (who's blind and useless. You can talk to him and he mistakes you for the Bandit guard outside).

In Embershard Mine, you can hear a Bandit ordering his comrade to rest, as his shift is coming up soon.

In Morvunskar, a Mage complains about how he's the forge worker, when Mages don't even use weapons, and his comrade listens and occasionally mocks him.

I'm amazed at all the little stuff they put in Skyrim.

Extremely so. Like when the carriage driver starts singing an off-key "Ragnar the Red". I'm not the only one to get that song stuck in my head while driving!

I think I heard that mage one before, and I laughed. I'll need to go listen to the White River Watch one.

Oh, and to keep things on topic, White River Watch actually presents one of the best opportunities for . . . let's call it "RP sneaking." Meaning you don't use game mechanics to crouch and sneak, but actually find a way to bypass everyone. You can fight the WRW boss by going up to High Hrothgar, then carefully bouncing down the north side of the mountain directly onto the boss's ledge. You went hundreds of miles out of your way, but "snuck" past an entire cave of bandits!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts