• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
Plus, mannikins are freaking scary. In Lake-view Manor, I got the maximum amount of mannikins, and decked em all out. Some of em looked like people, because they were wearing things that completely covered them up. Then one day, THEY ALL CAME TO LIFE. Walking around my house, using the crafting stations, sleeping in my beds, and making the hand movements of an NPC in conversation! My housecarl was having a conversation with one of em! I got the fluff out of there... NEVER AGAIN. Breezehome ftw.

WHAT?! You're not serious, are you?! I think you just solved my "should I build the armory or the library" dilemma...
It's most likely unique to my console, I've never heard of cases like mine over the interwebz. Idk what the fluff happened, maybe I was playing too long? But I wouldn't count on it happening. Over a hundred hours later and still hasn't reoccurred.

My mannequins in Riften came to life once. Jackass freaking walked out the door and scared the living crap out of me.

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
Riften for sure. It's home to my favourite guild and has all my favourite characters. It just feels like the most "home" to me out of all the cities. Honeyside is also my favourite house.

kirak95197

Writer
Winterhold is my favorite. I love snow, and Winterhold has the College. I like the story behind it, aswell.

azxcvbnm321

Maraketh is the most beautiful city thanks to the layout. My favorite is Whiterun because of its location, I always make it my primary home, even if its small, it's central to everyone.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Markarth. The city is carved out of the side of a mountain with a huge frickin' waterfall in the background. 'nuff said.

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Winterhold is my favorite. I love snow, and Winterhold has the College. I like the story behind it, aswell.

True, I wish I could buy a house there :)

Al'Tair

This sentence is false

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I like Raven Rock on Solstheim but as far as the cities in skyrim go it would be Riften or Markarth
cool... never heard of some of thoes cities. DLC maybe?
Raven rock is a city in the Dragonborn DLC it is on an Island called Solstheim which was in the Game Morrowind but I am quessing by you age that you are to young to remember the Neravarine, Defeated Dagoth ur and Saved us all from the Blight

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
I like Raven Rock on Solstheim but as far as the cities in skyrim go it would be Riften or Markarth
cool... never heard of some of thoes cities. DLC maybe?
Raven rock is a city in the Dragonborn DLC it is on an Island called Solstheim which was in the Game Morrowind but I am quessing by you age that you are to young to remember the Neravarine, Defeated Dagoth ur and Saved us all from the Blight
yeah..

Chadonraz

I'd have to say Falkreath, with Whiterun and Solitude close behind.

It's the perfect size; neither a city nor a village, and it's got lots of flowers. I love the area in front of Lod's house, because of the flowers. I always leave my horse there when visiting Falkreath on horseback.

Another major reason... is the goat. Seriously. I love watching it walk around (occasionally going on a treadmill round with its head against the fence...) and just doing its little animations. :)

Also, Falkreath's businesses have clever names, "Grave Concoctions" being my absolute favourite. That one is just genius. :D

Downside would be the dragon attacks, which occur too often and tend to cause several deaths. :/

I sort of like Whiterun because it's meant to be the center of trading and gives a real feeling of calm, normal and civility without being overly upper class like Solitude. Although I also think that if Whiterun is meant to be the center of trading and things like that it should be bigger. Riften and Markarth are after it.

Rimfaxe96

First place on my chart is absolutely going to Whiterun. I really like it there, especially the ruler. Balgruuf might not be really more active than all the other Jarls, in other words sitting in his chair all day except for food and pee breaks, but his first interest is his city, above everything else. He doesn't care about Empire and Stormcloaks, he couldn't care less about the Thalmor and I love the way he behaves when in the Thalmor Embassy, enraged that even though there's an endless threat of dragons he has to go and party.
He takes his duty seriously, and also his task as Nord to worship Talos. A great leader like him will be good for Whiterun for his entire lifetime.

Second is Solitude because of its incredible beauty and its location. It literally stands on a giant... rock bridge. I'm still waiting for a mod that makes the entire Blue Palace collapse into the sea just for some apocalyptic fun. I also like Elisif, even though she's probably one of the most naive characters there is beside the Dragonborn him/herself in certain quests. In Diplomatic Immunity when all she says is "Elenwen has impeccable taste!" and that she loves her parties etc, I always pretend that she plays the naive chick for cover so I don't loose faith in Skyrim's survival entirely. Too bad Tullius isn't power-hungry, I'd love him to just take the throne and get her back into bed into a noble position where she can't accidentally crush all of Skyrim's future.

Third is Falkreath. I love how it almost seems to be abandoned, I like many characters there as well; this time not the Jarl though. Runil on the other hand is a character with a great background story I would have loved to learn more about, but typically Skyrim won't go into detail. *SIGH*

Windhelm, I like cold places. Besides that, I really like Raven Rock and the Skaal Village. I prefer those to any other Skyrim city.

Wicka waaah!!

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Visually I'd have to say Markarth, the waterfall is impressive. I fell out with it when the Vigilant went psycho on me and attacked me on sight. Then it was Solitude, just because there is so much there but some voices irritated me. I think I've gone through all of them being a favourite for a while and then I got the Hearthfire DLC and my natural anti-social tendencies came to the fore.

Sparky04

Whiterun feels like home, I love the plains outside the city as well. I also kind of like Morthal even if it's small.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts