• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Yes, Nazeem too has sometimes met his end when my Redguard girl first became a werewolf (and yes, I have a bad habit of creating and playing the same characters over and over again... XD)... What I find funny is that his wife doesn't seem to give a crap that her huspand has been killed! All she does is still bitch about how "men are all alike, from Skyrim to Hammerfell..."

Lol so true, his wife gets on my nerves too...

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Plus, mannikins are freaking scary. In Lake-view Manor, I got the maximum amount of mannikins, and decked em all out. Some of em looked like people, because they were wearing things that completely covered them up. Then one day, THEY ALL CAME TO LIFE. Walking around my house, using the crafting stations, sleeping in my beds, and making the hand movements of an NPC in conversation! My housecarl was having a conversation with one of em! I got the fluff out of there... NEVER AGAIN. Breezehome ftw.

WHAT?! You're not serious, are you?! I think you just solved my "should I build the armory or the library" dilemma...
It's most likely unique to my console, I've never heard of cases like mine over the interwebz. Idk what the fluff happened, maybe I was playing too long? But I wouldn't count on it happening. Over a hundred hours later and still hasn't reoccurred.

I'm not sure, but I heard mannequins behave like NPCs sometimes because they are programmed as NPCs, but they don't move (or they shouldn't.) Doesn't make it any less creppy to me though :S

Al'Tair

This sentence is false

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
WHAT?! You're not serious, are you?! I think you just solved my "should I build the armory or the library" dilemma...
It's most likely unique to my console, I've never heard of cases like mine over the interwebz. Idk what the fluff happened, maybe I was playing too long? But I wouldn't count on it happening. Over a hundred hours later and still hasn't reoccurred.

I'm not sure, but I heard mannequins behave like NPCs sometimes because they are programmed as NPCs, but they don't move (or they shouldn't.) Doesn't make it any less creppy to me though :S
I'm exaggerating. Doesn't make it any less creepy.

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
LOL true XDDD

I gave up all my Hearthfire homes , vacated them because of the bugs. Bandits inside LVM Etc Etc . I moved to Solitude . Vanilla homes Have very few bugs , on my X-Box . I would live in Markarth ( lot more storage ) But would have to turn 1 room into child's room . My character is lvl 70 and I have too much stuff to store , so I may have to move to Markarth any way. Guidin's Mannikin story was spooky ...... :eek:

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Could I choose Morthal? If not could I choose Blackreach? If not I guess I would have to go with Markarth or rather Nchuand-Zel ;)

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
Markarth
Pros: dwarven, mountains, awesome.
Cons: Forsworn, and it's kind of easy to get lost, at least relative to the other eight cities.

Whiterun
Pros: Central, good for everything, Skyforge, Companions, killing Heimskr :p
Cons: Kind of basic, Whiterun hold is pretty flat and boring.

Solitude
Pros: Cool training grounds, very cool architecture, best non-DLC player home.
Cons: Elisif, Taarie :p

Windhelm
Pros: Good quests, ie Innocence Lost, Blood on the Ice etc, nice backstory with Ysgramor, first city in Tamriel.
Cons: Racism, Grey Quarter, relatively empty.

Riften
Pros: Mjoll, the Rift being one of the most beautiful places in Skyrim, adopting children.
Cons: Corrupt guards, Black-Briars run that damned town.

Falkreath
Pros: Best (imo) Hearthfire home, nice place that feels like Riverwood but much larger.
Cons: Large graveyard, very morbid place.

Morthal
Pros: Good quests eg Laid to Rest, nice layout.
Cons: Hjaalmarch is too swampy and boring, not much to do.

Winterhold
Pros: College, backstory.
Cons: Empty, not much to do other than College, College gets dragon attacks more than anywhere else in Skyrim, I swear :p

Dawnstar
Pros: The Pale is a nice place, cool docks, even if they have next to no use, quests eg Waking Nightmare.
Cons: Often gets attacked by dragons, not much to do.

Those are my opinions, anyway.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Favourite would be Falkreath. I like Windhelm too, it has a certain dark "aura" around it. Whiterun is the best location and is indeed a sort of hometown.

Olsthepols

Fus Ro Dah
Markarth, I love it's architecture and its history. I love walking around in a city that I know was built by the Dwemer because usually every Dwemer building is in ruins. I also love the Reach, its mountains and rivers.

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Could I choose Morthal? If not could I choose Blackreach? If not I guess I would have to go with Markarth or rather Nchuand-Zel ;)

Morthal yep, Blackreach doesn't count as a city, more of a location XD

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Markarth, I love it's architecture and its history. I love walking around in a city that I know was built by the Dwemer because usually every Dwemer building is in ruins. I also love the Reach, its mountains and rivers.

Gotta love Markarth! :)

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Markarth
Pros: dwarven, mountains, awesome.
Cons: Forsworn, and it's kind of easy to get lost, at least relative to the other eight cities.

Whiterun
Pros: Central, good for everything, Skyforge, Companions, killing Heimskr :p
Cons: Kind of basic, Whiterun hold is pretty flat and boring.

Solitude
Pros: Cool training grounds, very cool architecture, best non-DLC player home.
Cons: Elisif, Taarie :p

Windhelm
Pros: Good quests, ie Innocence Lost, Blood on the Ice etc, nice backstory with Ysgramor, first city in Tamriel.
Cons: Racism, Grey Quarter, relatively empty.

Riften
Pros: Mjoll, the Rift being one of the most beautiful places in Skyrim, adopting children.
Cons: Corrupt guards, Black-Briars run that damned town.

Falkreath
Pros: Best (imo) Hearthfire home, nice place that feels like Riverwood but much larger.
Cons: Large graveyard, very morbid place.

Morthal
Pros: Good quests eg Laid to Rest, nice layout.
Cons: Hjaalmarch is too swampy and boring, not much to do.

Winterhold
Pros: College, backstory.
Cons: Empty, not much to do other than College, College gets dragon attacks more than anywhere else in Skyrim, I swear :p

Dawnstar
Pros: The Pale is a nice place, cool docks, even if they have next to no use, quests eg Waking Nightmare.
Cons: Often gets attacked by dragons, not much to do.

Those are my opinions, anyway.

LOve what you did there, showing the pros and cons of each city :)

Al'Tair

This sentence is false

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Favourite would be Falkreath. I like Windhelm too, it has a certain dark "aura" around it. Whiterun is the best location and is indeed a sort of hometown.

Agreed :)

Riven326

Windhelm. That city, as soon as you enter, it's like going back in time. You can see and feel the history there. It's unlike any other city in the game. A close second is Riften for entirely different reasons. It reminds me of North Carolina here in the States. It's truly beautiful in the autumn.

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
Markarth is a city in which it is easy for me to get lost. The city reminds me of this scene from Labyrinth, with all of the stairs. :p

View attachment 8202

Ha! And so it does. Nevertheless, it is architecturally one of my personal favorites.

Top title goes to Falkreath, for me however. Seems like if I lived in Skyrim, I would want to live in that valley near that gorgeous lake. Definitely one of the more interesting examples of terrain in Skyrim, in my opinion. Very beautiful. Almost reminds me of Montana.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
To live... Riften
To fight dragons in... Markarth
To get crap done... Whiterun
To visit... Solitude

No love for Windhelm, I only go there if I have to.

BigBad

Person of Interest
I gotta throw my vote to Windhelm. It's just a really atmospheric place. Even before the Battle of Windhelm, when it's more or less the City of Suck for anybody who isn't a Stormcloak, it still looks cool.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts