• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
(Don't know if this thread already exists, didn't find it so I'm making one)

So, what's your favorite city in Skyrim? Remember, villages don't count, it has to be a city (a Hold Capital, the places you can travel by wagon/carriage)

Mine's gotta be Windhelm, surprisingly. Solitude and Markarth come close to it though.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Solitude. I love the architecture, its history, and it's a great place to raise a family, should my character decide to settle down.

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
I also like Solitude ^^

(the mannequins in the house creep me out though.)

Al'Tair

This sentence is false

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Markarth is a city in which it is easy for me to get lost. The city reminds me of this scene from Labyrinth, with all of the stairs. :p

image.jpg

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Lol true XD

Asiaxfani

For me, I guess it would have to be Markarth. It's just so goddamn beautiful, if a bit nasty place to actually live. I've often spent hours watching the sunset from the Guard's Tower entrance on a clear evening.

But then again, Whiterun doesn't come far behind. It's got a certain peacefulness to it, and the town felt very welcoming when I first got there. Especially after the Gildergreen has been restored, and after something tragic has happened to that-guy-who-always-screams-about-Talos-who's-name-I-can't-remember (purely by accident, I assure you), I could hang around in the Wind District all day.

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
For me, I guess it would have to be Markarth. It's just so goddamn beautiful, if a bit nasty place to actually live. I've often spent hours watching the sunset from the Guard's Tower entrance on a clear evening.

I agree that while Markarth is a nasty place to live, it's really beautiful. I kind of think of it like Columbia from Bioshock Infinite; Columbia would not be a good place for someone to live in (full of racists and religious fanatics), but I'll be damned if I say it isn't awe-inspiring, just like Markarth :)

But then again, Whiterun doesn't come far behind. It's got a certain peacefulness to it, and the town felt very welcoming when I first got there. Especially after the Gildergreen has been restored, and after something tragic has happened to that-guy-who-always-screams-about-Talos-who's-name-I-can't-remember (purely by accident, I assure you), I could hang around in the Wind District all day.

This. I like Whiterun a lot, and I consider Balgruuf an Uncle XD (the preacher you're talking about is Heimskr, and funny, the same thing happened to him in my save file, a completely random and unknown werewolf just assaulted him during the night, what a strange thing, don't you think? *cough cough*)

Asiaxfani

This. I like Whiterun a lot so much, and I consider Balgruuf an Uncle XD (the preacher you're talking about is Heimskr, and funny, the same thing happened to him in my save file, a completely random and unknown werewolf just assaulted him during the night, what a strange thing, don't you think? *cough cough*)

Oh, funny world; exactly the same thing that happened to him in my save file as well. Those werewolves sure are mysterious, huh?

My Redguard character is the only one of my characters who's a member of the Companions, and I've been playing her as more of a good character. Which means no killing people just because I feel like it. But given the fact that she's a Shield-Sister and that she lives in Whiterun (and I just overall like to spend time there), I made an exception in Heimskr's case. I. Just. Can't. Stand. His. Yelling.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Whiterun. It's so centrally located, and so homely, it almost always becomes this dragonborns hub. It's easy to navigate, and has a lot of traders close together, as well as crafting stations. The house there is also small and homely, unlike most of the other nonhearthfire houses which I can never get used to. Plus, mannikins are freaking scary. In Lake-view Manor, I got the maximum amount of mannikins, and decked em all out. Some of em looked like people, because they were wearing things that completely covered them up. Then one day, THEY ALL CAME TO LIFE. Walking around my house, using the crafting stations, sleeping in my beds, and making the hand movements of an NPC in conversation! My housecarl was having a conversation with one of em! I got the fluff out of there... NEVER AGAIN. Breezehome ftw.

Asiaxfani

Plus, mannikins are freaking scary. In Lake-view Manor, I got the maximum amount of mannikins, and decked em all out. Some of em looked like people, because they were wearing things that completely covered them up. Then one day, THEY ALL CAME TO LIFE. Walking around my house, using the crafting stations, sleeping in my beds, and making the hand movements of an NPC in conversation! My housecarl was having a conversation with one of em! I got the fluff out of there... NEVER AGAIN. Breezehome ftw.

WHAT?! You're not serious, are you?! I think you just solved my "should I build the armory or the library" dilemma...

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
This. I like Whiterun a lot so much, and I consider Balgruuf an Uncle XD (the preacher you're talking about is Heimskr, and funny, the same thing happened to him in my save file, a completely random and unknown werewolf just assaulted him during the night, what a strange thing, don't you think? *cough cough*)

Oh, funny world; exactly the same thing that happened to him in my save file as well. Those werewolves sure are mysterious, huh?

My Redguard character is the only one of my characters who's a member of the Companions, and I've been playing her as more of a good character. Which means no killing people just because I feel like it. But given the fact that she's a Shield-Sister and that she lives in Whiterun (and I just overall like to spend time there), I made an exception in Heimskr's case. I. Just. Can't. Stand. His. Yelling.

Yes, werewolves surely are strange dudes... *ahem*

Lol my Khajiit's evil, so he loved killing Heimskr and Nazeem ("Do you get to the Cloud District very often?"), but I don't blame your char. 3:30 A.M. in the morning and dude's screaming in the middle of the Wind District! WTH?! T.O Everyone's patience has a limit, especially with werewolves (who are generally more pissy than other people, so yeah XD)

My char mostly stands in Whiterun too, so one day he just kinda lost it after listening to Heimskr's preaching over and over again:Dragonborn:

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Whiterun. It's so centrally located, and so homely, it almost always becomes this dragonborns hub. It's easy to navigate, and has a lot of traders close together, as well as crafting stations. The house there is also small and homely, unlike most of the other nonhearthfire houses which I can never get used to. Plus, mannikins are freaking scary. In Lake-view Manor, I got the maximum amount of mannikins, and decked em all out. Some of em looked like people, because they were wearing things that completely covered them up. Then one day, THEY ALL CAME TO LIFE. Walking around my house, using the crafting stations, sleeping in my beds, and making the hand movements of an NPC in conversation! My housecarl was having a conversation with one of em! I got the fluff out of there... NEVER AGAIN. Breezehome ftw.

Whiterun feels all cozy and warm to me as well ^w^

Oh God, that happened to me as well. But it was in Honeyside (Riften). Never got back to that place ever again X{ (Breezehome's probably my favorite house too :3)

Staff member
Plus, mannikins are freaking scary. In Lake-view Manor, I got the maximum amount of mannikins, and decked em all out. Some of em looked like people, because they were wearing things that completely covered them up. Then one day, THEY ALL CAME TO LIFE. Walking around my house, using the crafting stations, sleeping in my beds, and making the hand movements of an NPC in conversation! My housecarl was having a conversation with one of em! I got the fluff out of there... NEVER AGAIN. Breezehome ftw.

WHAT?! You're not serious, are you?! I think you just solved my "should I build the armory or the library" dilemma...
It's most likely unique to my console, I've never heard of cases like mine over the interwebz. Idk what the fluff happened, maybe I was playing too long? But I wouldn't count on it happening. Over a hundred hours later and still hasn't reoccurred.

Asiaxfani

Yes, Nazeem too has sometimes met his end when my Redguard girl first became a werewolf (and yes, I have a bad habit of creating and playing the same characters over and over again... XD)... What I find funny is that his wife doesn't seem to give a crap that her husband has been killed! All she does is still bitch about how "men are all alike, from Skyrim to Hammerfell..."

Staff member

Oh God, that happened to me as well. But it was in Honeyside (Riften). Never got back to that place ever again X{ (Breezehome's probably my favorite house too :3)
I stand corrected.

Al'Tair

This sentence is false

We're VERY serious. Don't buy an armory. The mannequins are haunted :{

Al'Tair

This sentence is false

I stand corrected.

Lol why? It wasn't my intention to correct you (I thought you were talking about Solitude's house, the mannequins move there too) XD