• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

As some have already said, Greatswords, i too cannot put one down when i start, great fun and looks soo cool as well,

Another fun way is unarmed, fists up close and personal, its not a long playstyle as you become under powered but such fun on your travels, and the cinematics are cool and funny too.

i have tried mages numerous times, but it just doesnt seem the same without being able to make my own spells, so i lose interest after a while.

another one i have tried and really enjoyed was 1h sword and a staff in the other, staffs can be made as well in the game and with the right perks and enchanting can be more powerful than you think, if you want to know how just message me,

well thats my 2 cents, :cool:

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Mages are my favourite, I like having lots of different spells for each different circumstance, even though I can't make my own :sadface: .
I've used assassins and archery a lot too and I enjoy that style too, although I always go back to mages.
Warriors are too boring for me although I have played them to high levels and been successful.

Cazimir

Archery is my favorite way to play. I also enjoy being a spellsword, though.

John Dubose

Article Writer
I think i have taken all types above lvl 20 but I tend to prefer ranged characters, particularly archer types. Wood Elves and Bretons are my favorite.

I have to say that the ranged characters are much easier for me to keep playing for some reason.

John Dubose

Article Writer
Mages are my favourite, I like having lots of different spells for each different circumstance, even though I can't make my own :sadface: .
I've used assassins and archery a lot too and I enjoy that style too, although I always go back to mages.
Warriors are too boring for me although I have played them to high levels and been successful.

Magic sometimes feels way too unrealistic because you keep having to select spells all the time; I feel that it breaks the immersion a bit.

John Dubose

Article Writer
As some have already said, Greatswords, i too cannot put one down when i start, great fun and looks soo cool as well,

Another fun way is unarmed, fists up close and personal, its not a long playstyle as you become under powered but such fun on your travels, and the cinematics are cool and funny too.

i have tried mages numerous times, but it just doesnt seem the same without being able to make my own spells, so i lose interest after a while.

another one i have tried and really enjoyed was 1h sword and a staff in the other, staffs can be made as well in the game and with the right perks and enchanting can be more powerful than you think, if you want to know how just message me,

well thats my 2 cents, :cool:

hmm i might just message you about that to be honest :)

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Magic sometimes feels way too unrealistic because you keep having to select spells all the time; I feel that it breaks the immersion a bit.

I have to agree, I've just gone back to an archer myself and I'm loving it again so far.

OckhamsFolly

Khajiit thief/assassin. Khajiit is hands-down my favorite race, thieves are my natural playstyle (I want it. I must have it. I take it), and assassin is the method of killing that best plays into that.

Next time I make a khajiit, though, I'm going to try an manage his level so his claws remain viable in an emergency, but try to be a pacifist. He'll be a big moon sugar user. Going to have to figure out rules to simulate not having his daily ration, though... maybe I'll save this build until after I can make myself pick up the PC version and get some mods.

Twiffle

John Dubose

Article Writer
Khajiit thief/assassin. Khajiit is hands-down my favorite race, thieves are my natural playstyle (I want it. I must have it. I take it), and assassin is the method of killing that best plays into that.

Next time I make a khajiit, though, I'm going to try an manage his level so his claws remain viable in an emergency, but try to be a pacifist. He'll be a big moon sugar user. Going to have to figure out rules to simulate not having his daily ration, though... maybe I'll save this build until after I can make myself pick up the PC version and get some mods.

That sounds pretty sick dude

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I'm honestly enjoying my Dark Elf Morag Tong build. Assassinations are one thing, but assassinations legalized under Morrowind law? That's pretty badass. Naturally, my character hates the Dark Brotherhood, and while I have no qualms with them, I'm fond of the honor behind the Morag Tong.

Hey guys,

This is my first thread and I just want to preface this by stating that I am not a veteran of the Elder Scrolls series and that I have probably played Skyrim for about 70 hours in total. I was just wondering what everyone's favorite play-style or what everyone's favorite character-type is.

Cheers,

John Dubose

Mage XD way fun dragons layer kill em before they land

John Dubose

Article Writer
I'm honestly enjoying my Dark Elf Morag Tong build. Assassinations are one thing, but assassinations legalized under Morrowind law? That's pretty badass. Naturally, my character hates the Dark Brotherhood, and while I have no qualms with them, I'm fond of the honor behind the Morag Tong.

Haha that sounds friggen awesome

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Warrior for me. I want to walk out of the fight drenched in the blood of my foe.

Seriously, though, I've tried a mage and that didn't get me very far at all. I've tried a sneaky archer and while it was fun, it eventually turned into a sneaky assassin. Then it turned into Splinter Cell: Skyrim Edition. I find that a warrior that utilizes a bow from time to time is my best bet. Playing archer here and there is a nice way to change things up, but I'm still primarily an up close and personal type of player.

another one i have tried and really enjoyed was 1h sword and a staff in the other, staffs can be made as well in the game and with the right perks and enchanting can be more powerful than you think
I love that combo, though you have to be careful up close, because the length of the staff makes it hard to hit some mobs. With an Enchanted Sword (With Soul Trap in there somewhere) it's a great way to train up enchanting.

Volanere

Grand Magister
I prefer a spellsword playstyle with a sword in one hand and destruction/conjuration/restoration in the other.

John Dubose

Article Writer
Warrior for me. I want to walk out of the fight drenched in the blood of my foe.

Seriously, though, I've tried a mage and that didn't get me very far at all. I've tried a sneaky archer and while it was fun, it eventually turned into a sneaky assassin. Then it turned into Splinter Cell: Skyrim Edition. I find that a warrior that utilizes a bow from time to time is my best bet. Playing archer here and there is a nice way to change things up, but I'm still primarily an up close and personal type of player.

Hmm i still haven't gotten around to doing that yet which is bad cause I sorta have to.

John Dubose

Article Writer
I love that combo, though you have to be careful up close, because the length of the staff makes it hard to hit some mobs. With an Enchanted Sword (With Soul Trap in there somewhere) it's a great way to train up enchanting.

ooooo ill try that now then

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts