• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ned

Nerevarine
The beauty of Skyrim armor is that there is a very fair armor cap, and you can easily reach it in almost any armor set up by utilizing your crafting professions. I love that I'm not forced to wear helmets or ugly Daedric armor.

I wear the Ebony Mail, which is gorgeous. There is a lot more detail put into it over standard ebony armor, and I love that it doesn't have the big, clunky shoulders that ebony armor has. It works perfect for my character, who is a hybrid sword and board warrior/sneak archer.

In the head slot, I wear a silver and sapphire circlet, hands are wolf armor, which match the ebony mail very well without being enormous and gaudy like ebony gauntlets, and standard ebony boots, although I'm considering using wolf boots.

I use an ebony shield and the Dragonbane as my weapons. I'll try to get a screen shot. I look pretty awesome.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
My favorite is the stormcloak officer armor on a khajiit. It looks like a walking bear basicly.

Straumgald

Speaking of armor cap with any set of armor, my steel armor has higher rating with the related perk than ebony without perk, both legendary, what's up with that? I don't want to spend more than the two points on smithing to temper magic items. My character isn't quite at the cap yet, need to get my armor skill up a bit I guess.

xaraan

My armor varies by character as well, just Imperial Heavy is my favorite of them all.

Currently my Khajiit is my main character, and I have him in the Fur Armor (With exposed torso). I have a hard time finding armor I like for him, but I'll have to see how the saviors hide looks once I complete the quest for it. Pelagius, my Imperial, is who I have decked out in the Imperial Armor. My Dunmer wears the Nightengale armor. And my Nord is in all Dwemer gear. I try to match the armor to the character and what play style I have for him; thief, assassin, battlemage etc.

I love the Savior's Hide on my Khajiit (there's a pic of him near the end of the "post your character in action" thread), it's the only race I like the Savior's Hide on (and I matched it with Foresworn headdress/bracers and boots).
btw, did you know that exposing your torso fur is considered I guess "riskay" or rude for Khajiit culture... I just read about that yesterday on one of the wikis about them. (Not saying not to expose yours, just thought it was interesting)

mellojoe

Ebony. Hands down. That stuff is just awesome with all the detail scroll work, etc. Stinkin' cool. I wish the helmet were a tiny bit different, though ... but right now I'm playing helmetless anyway.

I dig the Nightingale stuff. In fact, I oftentimes wear the Nightingale head cover with my Ebony armor, just because that Nightingale hood is pretty menacing.

And if I ever convince myself to go up the light-armor side of the tree, I'll probably outfit a char in that just for kicks.

epic 2624

i use nightingale since i invest in light armor. i'm an assassin and the nightingale armor looks soooo badass. i think my armor rating is 165.

Ironlung888

I haven't used any perks in smithing so I only play with found, or bought items. I improve them of course, my smith level is 60 something, I can improve them to exquisite. Right now I'm using my perks for magic, sneak, and combat. One day when I was dungeon crawling I came across ebony armor with a plus 40 health bonus that has served me nicely. Couldn't tell you where I found it though.

mellojoe

I have just paired the Blades Helmet and Dragonrend sword with my Ebony armor. I look like a Shogun now. Beautiful craftsmanship, scrollwork, and a few minor decorations.

Nevorak

I keep hearing people talk about the savior's hide for a female follower. I decided to try it out but Lydia wouldn't wear it despite it being better than steel armor. After a while I realized I was and idiot. So, for anyone that want's to equip their followers with more attractive armor the steps are really simple.
1) Dismiss follower
2) Pickpocket followers equipped armor. (Note: Requires Pickpocket level 100)
3) Ask them to follow you
4) Request trade
5) Give armor of your choice
6) Enjoy

I tried this on Lydia and noticed that I had a 9% chance of pickpocketing it and if I added apparel that gave a bonus to pickpocketing it made that 9% decrease. My advice is to save just before so you don't have to wait after being caught and keep trying. I managed it on my second try due to pure luck.

ThaDataSage

Well with the dragonborn dlc out I have to say stralhim light armor looks compeletly awesome to me, nordic carved armor looks pretty cool I think the weapons look cooler though.

Ebony for looks, and protection, it has both in spades. Dragon preist Masks, because there's one for just about any build, and they have Enchantments higher than any you can make yourself. (Extra Extra Effects!) I generally mix, and match my own peicemail, rather than just go with a full set. Quite often with Master Robes of something or other, the Blades Boots/gloves match rather well, though I've also done Ebony, Nightingale/shrouded, or other sets to get the effect (Visual as well as magical) I'm going for. Orcish Armor matches the Masks' hoods the best, and has a cute heart shaped bustle in the back! <3

I actually wear clothes more than armor, they're lower maintenance (I don't have to do smithing) lighter, and faster than turtling up. I'll starp on a Shield, since Block gives you so much more for so many less perks, (50% Elemental Resistance, anyone?) My 2 favorites are the Targe of the Blooded for a Bash&Burn build, and Spellbreaker to completely block Dragon Breath (Even better with Ward Absorb to power Destruction with it!)

My ultimate favorite outfit (Pictured) is the Mourner's Dress (Female Avatar) Shrouded Hood, Jester's Boots, and Thalmor Gloves. No armor value, but as a fashion statement, it just screams "ASSASSIN!i1" The jester's gloves are too short for the sleves, but she's 2 handed, anyway, so the bonus is useless. If you're Male, then Ulfric's Clothes work just as better. My Nightblades wear Master Robes of Illusion with the Nightingale Hood, Shrouded Gloves (Anchient if you care about Armor, he's invisible, so doesn't) and either boots match all right. Illusion discount, Magic Regeneration, double Backstab, and Muffle, what more do you need? (Besides a decent dagger, and Invisibility.)

For Archers, the outfit is Linwe's Hood, The Gauntlets of the Old Gods, Master Robes of Conjuration (for Bound Bow) and whatever's clever on yer feet. The Boots of Running Speed, that's what I'd want if I could import them from Vvardenfeld. Instead, the Savior's Hide if I'm going non-magical, it doesn't line up with the hood as well, so maybe Krosis? The Ancient Shrouded Cowl matches up with the Nightingale Armor better than anything due to the high collar, in case you're more interested in Archery than Illusion. There's got to be so much more I've forgotten, but that's off the top of my head...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts