• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PelagiusIV

I'm curious as to what the most popular armor is in Skyrim, whether it be based on looks or stats, and why. Personally I go based on the looks of the armor, with my favorite being the Imperial Heavy Armor. (Especially after I found the closed Imperial Helmet, I was flipping out after I found it) I probably love it so much due to the similarity between it and Ancient Roman armor. I've always found Ancient Rome/Greece to be the most interesting civilizations to study and learn about their culture, history, religion etc. My interest in them is actually what got me into the ES series.

Tyralias

I completely agree on your Imperial Heavy with closed helm, there are not many armours which can compete with its obvious and yet subtle beauty!

I like the nightingale armor, it looks the coolest and is the most useful for my stealth character.

Golgo_SPB

The forsworn armor looks the coolest to me, then the nightingale armor. Dark Brotherhood armor looks pretty swag on female characters.

As for what I use most often it really depends on the character build. I would like a enchanted chef outfit for a mage haha. cook with fire spells and preserve the food with frost!

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I have several favorites for different reasons. I usually wear Daedric purely because it is the best heavy armout in the game but it is absolutely not my favourite aesthetically. I think Falmer armour is amazing in appearence just because it is beautifully designed, I haven't seen anything like it, it's like something HR Giger would invent. My personal favourite so far is the unique "Saviour's hide" it looks fantastic, especially on an orc.

Assassin's Bane

I like the nightingale armor because it looks awesome for assassins

omac0101

I like the hide armor. My character wears hide armor with nordic steel gauntlets (or are they called bracers?) and a biege novice hood. Add a nordic hero sword and a steel plate shield and you have a true nordic hero!

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Since we're talking about armor and looks, my favorites are Dragonscale, Orcish, Ebony, and the Nightingale armor. The way each armor set is detailed is awesome.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
No? No one's said Dwarven armour yet? It's definitely my favourite aesthetically. I love the helmet the most.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Here is how anyone I play who wear light armor winds up wearing.
I level my smithing without perks, so I'm making superior armor right now. :cool: without power leveling
My housecarl... Argis?.... wears superior dwarven armor enchanted to improve his health regeneration and combat skills (i hope it works)
And my character runs around in the Savior's Hide. You know, an Orc woman wears it like a beast, and in really tough battles she switches to her scaled armor. I have better armor, but I only have them for display purposes. I find this keeps the game interesting as I'm not absorbing all the damage and can still make use out of my healing spells.

Mytheos

My favorite armor is the regular thieves guild armor that my Breton thief uses. I would like linwe's armor more if it wasn't bugged...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
Skeever fur armor is my fav, Nightingales pretty awesome too

xaraan

It really depends on the guy I'm playing to tell the truth.

Warrior wise if I go with heavy armor I really like the regular steal armor with the shoulder plates (not steal plate), the kind Farkas wears. And I also like the Blades armor (torso piece at least) and the Wolf armor is cool except it looks like the textured over a basic design without really putting the coding effort into making it look as detailed/3D as other armors.

Thief wise, the nightengale armor is pretty cool; but I go tired of that. I like Linwe's armor for my ranger type character. And I use the Guild master armor for my "adventurer" type guy because I wanted him to look like a traveller: pouches and stuff. (I really wish I was on the PC, I'd totally get the assassin' creed mod for the thieves guild armor (not the one for nightengale) because it actually looks like a detailed piece of clothing with different colors than just the black/brown or gray I have to choose from now. Fits the "adventurer" guy more.

Other than that I have armor that to me works specifically for certain characters I have (and I don't like them as much on others) -- My argonian warrior with dragonscale (no helm) look awesome. My Khajiit in Savior's Hide with Foresworn boots and bracers looks awesome.

To be honest I really feel like Bethesda dropped the ball on the armor, there is a lot that doesn't mix and match as well as it could if they paid attention to that. i'm not saying it should all mix and match perfectly, but some instances it would have really expanded the options for player customization. And just certain pieces of armor are kinda 'meh' IMO. The orc armor is neat, but it would be nice to have an option to remove the shoulder spikes (kinda like there are two steal armor pieces), the orc boots look kinda dumb with the turned up toes and the green shield should match the armor color, not the weapon color (though I wish all the orc weapons were that steal color of their armor and not that green. The glass armor is a bit too gaudy, if they toned it down some it would have been great; and the mod I saw online of a silver/bluish version was much better than the green/gold. The elven armor is a bit too leafy. And the Ancient Nord Armor - an awesome armor set that is totally ruined by the main piece that has jack crap covering the legs. It looks really stupid having all that armor on and not even a piece of leather covering your legs (b/c it's split on both legs).

omac0101

It really depends on the guy I'm playing to tell the truth.

Warrior wise if I go with heavy armor I really like the regular steal armor with the shoulder plates (not steal plate), the kind Farkas wears. And I also like the Blades armor (torso piece at least) and the Wolf armor is cool except it looks like the textured over a basic design without really putting the coding effort into making it look as detailed/3D as other armors.

Thief wise, the nightengale armor is pretty cool; but I go tired of that. I like Linwe's armor for my ranger type character. And I use the Guild master armor for my "adventurer" type guy because I wanted him to look like a traveller: pouches and stuff. (I really wish I was on the PC, I'd totally get the assassin' creed mod for the thieves guild armor (not the one for nightengale) because it actually looks like a detailed piece of clothing with different colors than just the black/brown or gray I have to choose from now. Fits the "adventurer" guy more.

Other than that I have armor that to me works specifically for certain characters I have (and I don't like them as much on others) -- My argonian warrior with dragonscale (no helm) look awesome. My Khajiit in Savior's Hide with Foresworn boots and bracers looks awesome.

To be honest I really feel like Bethesda dropped the ball on the armor, there is a lot that doesn't mix and match as well as it could if they paid attention to that. i'm not saying it should all mix and match perfectly, but some instances it would have really expanded the options for player customization. And just certain pieces of armor are kinda 'meh' IMO. The orc armor is neat, but it would be nice to have an option to remove the shoulder spikes (kinda like there are two steal armor pieces), the orc boots look kinda dumb with the turned up toes and the green shield should match the armor color, not the weapon color (though I wish all the orc weapons were that steal color of their armor and not that green. The glass armor is a bit too gaudy, if they toned it down some it would have been great; and the mod I saw online of a silver/bluish version was much better than the green/gold. The elven armor is a bit too leafy. And the Ancient Nord Armor - an awesome armor set that is totally ruined by the main piece that has jack crap covering the legs. It looks really stupid having all that armor on and not even a piece of leather covering your legs (b/c it's split on both legs).
Couldnt agree with you more on the ancient nordic armor

PelagiusIV

My armor varies by character as well, just Imperial Heavy is my favorite of them all.

Currently my Khajiit is my main character, and I have him in the Fur Armor (With exposed torso). I have a hard time finding armor I like for him, but I'll have to see how the saviors hide looks once I complete the quest for it. Pelagius, my Imperial, is who I have decked out in the Imperial Armor. My Dunmer wears the Nightengale armor. And my Nord is in all Dwemer gear. I try to match the armor to the character and what play style I have for him; thief, assassin, battlemage etc.

Straumgald

I have to go with Halkin on the Ebony. I think it looks the best for plate armor types. Obviously Nightingale looks best on a thief, I really wish there was a blank version of it I could enchant though. For mages I find robes to be quite lacking in variety. Really the Archmage Robes are the best stat-wise, but they look like hell. I like Vaermina Robes the best as far as blank robes I've found go.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts