Favorite Armor Sets for Aesthetic reasons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
What does everyone think is the best armor sets in regards to the Aesthetic quality? Or is it something that is mixed and matched maybe?

I go for Elven Armor Set, and Steel Plate

What about everyone else?

Amolyn

I think full Fur Armor looks pretty sexy for barbarians. :3

I also love Steel Plate Armor. A lot of people don't like the helmet [wings?] but I think it looks quite awesome. :3 And Orcish Armor is pretty cool aswell.

Oh, I also dig all the Imperial Armor. ^.^

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Iain of Ivarstead

ScreenShot245a.jpg ScreenShot231a.jpg ScreenShot212.jpg
There are many great armour sets out there. I obtain followers just to see the armour in action.

I used Wolf Armour (regular and then remix) for about 30 levels and have recently moved to Silver Dragon Armour (pictured with dragon helmet and Dragon Priest Mask (not sure which I like best)).

Some of the other really good looking armour IMO is the Blood Witch armour (I dress Saadia in it as a dual wielder - pictured), the Royal Armour of Aragorn, Seltkirks Armour (the darker version), Gondorian Ranger Armour (I had to fix the armour ratings on that one), the standalone Nights Watch armour (not the one included in the big Game of Thrones Companion mod, although that is good too), and the Kingslayer armour.

Others I like the look of but don't wear includes Geralt's Heavy Jacket armour (male only and all of my followers are female), Matys Mithril armour and for a long time my followers were dressed in the Sabre Cat armour.

(of course, credit to all the authors of these great mods).

Cheers

Forsworn armor looks great on female characters.

My favorite has to be Nightingale Armor, though. Overall great looking gear. The hood looks sinister, I love the missing fingers on the gloves, and the cape just brings it all together. I enjoy small details, and the Nightingale armor has good detail. I also noticed if you wear a necklace it replaces the symbol on the chest, which makes it look interesting.

Clau

The Fateless One
Penitus Oculatus armor. I pretend to be an Imperial general out in the field.

Hf5og.jpg

Thorn

In the Hist we trust

Hf5og.jpg
To get that feeling I try to go with General Tullius' gear, but that would require me to kill him before hand and dressing like that does seem odd if I side with Ulfric. But who cares what the Stormcloaks think....I'm the Dovahkiin

Clau

The Fateless One
To get that feeling I try to go with General Tullius' gear, but that would require me to kill him before hand and dressing like that does seem odd if I side with Ulfric. But who cares what the Stormcloaks think....I'm the Dovahkiin

I get what you mean. I scavenged my PO armor set during the Dark Brotherhood quest line. That is the time I side with the Imperials in the civil war. It really is awkward. :oops:

This time around, I just murder a PO agent in their outpost in Dragon Bridge and get his armor.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I get what you mean. I scavenged my PO armor set during the Dark Brotherhood quest line. That is the time I side with the Imperials. It really is awkward. :oops:

This time around, I just murder a PO agent in their outpost in Dragon Bridge and get his armor.

My favorite method. Sure beats paying for it;)

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Ebony armour, Nightingale Armour or Royal Vampire Armour.

Lars Of Morrowind

I like the Nightingale, Thieves Guild, Wolf, and vampire (royal and regular) armor for male and female. I also really like the Thalmor robes, but those aren't armored so I guess that doesn't count.
I think most armor looks pretty good on males, especially the shrouded armor.
For female, I love the forsworn armor. The Falmer armor looks awesome too.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

I use to do the same except I'd wear heavy Imperial Armour with the full faced Imperial helmet, it gets more fun since horse combat can happen, so I can lead the charge on my horse.

I also like the Dawnguard heavy armour with its full face helmet.

sticky runes

I like a mix of Falmer and Ancient Nordic armour. Heavy, but showing off a lot of skin. I put Falmer armour on my female wood elf and gave her a Nordic helmet which had antlers on it, and it made her look a bit like an Atronach! And I LOVE the look of the Saviour's Hide!

outofthegamer

I absolutely love the Helm of Yngol. Mix it in with some Ancient Nord and/or Orcish, maybe even with Ebony Mail. I like the Stormcloak Officer boots/gauntlets with Scaled or Hide armor. I also like:

Apprentice Hood, Nightingale Armor, Thalmor Gloves, Penitus Oculatus Boots

standalone
Now that is good mix-n-matching!

I usually like to mix-n-match too. My last ensemble was Red/Black Vampire Armor with Stormcloak Officer boots and Stormcloak Officer gauntlets. I would post a picture, but it would blow your minds! lol.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Steel Plate, Penitus Oculatus, Thieves Guild, and the Dawnguard heavy armor are all the most aesthetically pleasing to me. I don't even use ones like Daedric or Glass because they look so crazily out of place.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Steel Plate, Penitus Oculatus, Thieves Guild, and the Dawnguard heavy armor are all the most aesthetically pleasing to me. I don't even use ones like Daedric or Glass because they look so crazily out of place.
Agreed on that

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts