• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
How do you guys get about?

I fast travel almost everywhere, unless i feel like a wonder... My dad on the other hand will never fast travel, Not once, ever lol.

It wasnt as bad in oblivion as i could run faster than a hoarse and jump over mountains ( no not in 1 jump)...

But yeah im just curious as to how others go about traveling in skyrim?

SkanTheMan

Masked Monster
walk mostly unless i need to go from one side of the map to the other, i love the scenery but not that much haha.

Rabby

Yeahhh boy. xoxo
I Personally rarely fast travel. Exploring is a main factor of skyrim for me. The random encounters and dungeons you discover are amazing :)... Although as "SkanTheMan" said, i will fast travel if its the complete other side of the map.

UberKiwi

I tend to fast travel to the location nearest where im going (since i walked the route at least once before) then walk from there, generally without a horse. That way i know i may miss some random encounters but i should find most of the ruins, at least enough to keep me amused.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
If I have to go to a location which I've already discovered, I'd probably fast-travel, obviously.

i fast travel alot when questing, i get so into the quests that i wanna finish them and get my reward or follow the storyline to them quickly haha. but tonight for instance i had a crafting night and just went in search for mines, picked as much ingredients as i could and hunted every pelt.
leveled all 3 a fair bit so a pretty productive night for my warrior! although i hate how i have to sacrifice a skill point in a combat tree for a crafting tree. that double enchantment and dragon/daedra armor just puts dollar signs in my eyes though!

SkanTheMan

Masked Monster
Hmm when i think about it i guess i do sometimes fast travel between towns if i'm doing something like searching shops for a certain item, the benefits from walking everywhere are quite good in terms of added loot and skills

SkanTheMan

Masked Monster
I use the wagons to get to new towns, but I walk to new places besides that. I don't use horses. I will fast travel between towns though.
Never used wagons.. not once. although i don't use horses either never bothered to buy one i don't see the point

Rabby

Yeahhh boy. xoxo
Fast traveling is a effiecent way to get quests done or if your looking for items. But the idea that anything could come at you while walking around is good, also finding materials and loot is beneficial.

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
I fast travel back to town once I have no space left for my loot and sell it or store it in my house. I try to walk a lot but sometimes I cannot be bothered. Horses are rubbish though so I don't buy them.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I never fast-traveled so far. I tried using wagon but I really didn't like how it was essentially fast travel so I just went back. Traveling on foot is fun and lets you explore all sort of dungeons while you get the best view of Skyrim landscape. I also avoid using maps all together though sometimes I cheat a little just to see how far I traveled

Lilfish43

I fast travel to finish the story and as soon as the story is over i walk everywhere so i can explore more easily cause honestly i just want to finish and continue killing dragons and such

I like to explore on foot as well, but like many of us, I'll fast-travel if it's someplace clear across the map. There are usually enough random encounters and things to discover on the short (5-10 minute) walks to keep my curiousity sated. ;)

Broodje

Panem et circenses
i fast travel alot when questing, i get so into the quests that i wanna finish them and get my reward or follow the storyline to them quickly haha.

Pretty much this. Didn't finish the main quest yet, but when I do I will probably walk alot more. Haven't explored all that much.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts