• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Seven years from the day that the dragons were kicked out of Skyrim, seven peaceful years... Dragons were not completely banished of the Nords' land, but their attacks were much less frequent. Helgen had been transformed into a mine of diamonds, gold and silver, giving a lot of profit to the Empire, who hadn't much progress in the war, as the Stormcloaks' force was as strong as theirs. Every rebel was no longer executed in Helgen, but forced to mine.

The Brotherhood was wanted around all the province, since they had murdered the Emperor. Astrid and Nazir worked as a team to kill him. The soldiers had ravaged the Falkreath sanctuary and the Dark Brotherhood was forced to move to Dawnstar, yet all the members escaped, since it was just a sabbotage (*) to the sanctuary, no troops were sent to slaughter them inside.

The Thieves Guild was still cursed, no man wanted to join them for they were even poorer than the honest farmers. Mercer Frey was executed as he was caught pickpocketing in Solitude, a place with no influence by the Guild. And so, a new leader (*) of the Guild was chosen.

The College scavenged through Saarthal and managed to find a lot of odd jewelry with some uncommon powers. Through the Arcane Enchanting, they found out soon that those amulets couldn't be destroyed and still, their effect could be learned. A few time later mostly all of their apparel had triple enchantment strength and Saarthal improvements.

The Companions had almost totally vanquished the Silver Hands out of Skyrim. They only existed because they made a deal with vampires in order to strengthen themselves against the werewolves. The Silver Hands kidnapped people to feed the vampires, and in return the vempires provided them shelter.

But all that was about to change. Every single area of the province was about become different. While digging in Helgen, the slaves found an awkward tunnel. At it's size, it was enough to allow unseen movements of an entire army at once. The Imperials suspected about Stormcloak sabbotagging, so they executed the slaves who discovered the tunnel and sent a few scouts to patrol it and to keep any enemy away. Their wildest dreams didn't picture what was about to happen.
    A week after the underground channel was discovered, the ground started to shake, making one of the towers that was rebuilt fall. The guards inside the keep came outside and looked to the sky for a dragon, and to the gates for a giant, but none of that was striking their fort this time. It was far worse...
    A terrified man climbed quickly out of the channel. He had deep wounds all over his body and was blind in his right eye.
    Leggate Rikke, who was coordinating the mine, recognized he was one of her scouts and asked him to report what happened down there. Yet, he barely gagged and fell, dead.
    Steam came out of the tunnel and the hole opened up even more. A creature flew out it quickly. It was golden, and it flew ten times faster than a hawk. It was a dragon shaped dwarven automaton. The soldiers tried to fire arrows against it, but were deflected by the strong dwemer metal that replaced the dragon's scales. Breathing steam, the dwarven aero machine took out three archers on the top of the tower. Then the automaton landed and bit a few soldiers, until it was destroyed by Rikke with a war hammer. Yet it was far from over. Two more dragons flew out of the ground and started exhaling a strange green gas which was corrosive and made everything from flesh to wood melt, against the keep. The soldiers that were inside threw themselves out of there screaming with the burning pain. It was worse than fire.
    One of the flying automatons crashed against the wall, took it down and remained with almost no damage. It didn't take long before all the fort was destroyed. Leggate Rikke lied dead under the ruins of the former great mine of Helgen, along with the other soldiers and prisoners.
    Falmer came out of the channel after the rise of the stronghold. Surprisingly, their eyes managed to see in sunlight presence too. A centurion without it's core, which was replaced by a Falmer inside, was being carried by one of the automatons, which flew to Whiterun as it was the closest city there. Dropping the Centurion in the middle of Whiterun, the dragon fumed Dragonsreach right away, causing an unknown disease to spread over the Jarl, all his noble helpers and his Housecarl. The Centurion fired arrows and destroyed every house in it's path with a giant dwemer hammer. Half an hour was enough to make all Whiterun devastated. Everything but the Temple and Dragonsreach, which were both infected by the new disease was destroyed. The Companions retreated thanks to their new tactics man (*). To leave the city and retreat to the Falmer camp, the Falmer pilot battered the gate until it fell down, and went on its way back to Helgen, which would be from then on, the Falmer Army Campsite. It was official, Skyrim was not peaceful once again. Another war had just started.
    A few weeks later, the disease had spreaded everywhere but Solitude, because they started a policy of checking every person who wished to enter the city's health condition and the College of Winterhold, since the cold was too much for the automatons' core to resist. The factions were all still alive, but they had to create headquarters under the ground, like the Guild and the Brotherhood and they had to hire mercenaries to guard the entrances for chaurus reapers, which were now in a demographic expansion since the Falmer harvested lots of eggs in the underground.
    A few time later Solitude became under attack by a ship made of dwarven metal sailed by Falmer too. Their onagers and ballistas were strong enough to take down Solitude's wall in a matter of days. At least all the city was healthy. General Tullius, who forgot about the Stormcloaks, ordered messenger pidgeons with blood resistant to the epidemy due to alteration magic to fly around Skyrim with messages saying the following:

"Greetings, survivor.
    If you are reading this, it means you are healthy and able to help the province of Skyrim.
    If your desire is of coin, and to give a helping hand to the fellow survivors, please, head to Solitude. My alchemists shall make a test of your health and then you will be informed of the enemy, your task and your payment, if you are not infected of course.
    General Tullius."

Unfortunately, the Alteration magic was not effective on human blood and all the survivors were still susceptible to the disease for it was needed to take action before the last spot of weapon smithing and soldier training of the province was taken down by the Falmer. Solitude could not fall.

Writes-Many-Posts

Rules:
    1) No god modding. You can make up weapons that don't exist at all just like my character's sword, but no Ancient Falmer Bows nor any of those.
    2) No overpowering, no all-knowing characters. For example you can't have all the magics and still be experienced in both handed, one handed, blocking and heavy armor.
    3) Make some flaws. Don't make perfect characters. Mine's main flaw is greed. My suggestions are arrogance, self-overestimating, lust, compulsive drinking or gambling, selfishness, lack of loyalty, anger, etc...
    4) Avoid one-lining, I don't say it's forbidden because I sometimes also feel out of creativity, but, try not to do so every day.
    5) Swearing is allowed. No big words! Maybe damn, hell, ass, crap... I think you got it. Also there's no restricted theme... But I don't think erotism and Falmer really connect.
    6) You can meet some NPC's your character knows in the middle of the quest, and let them follow you around, as soon as you specify who they are. Doesn't matter if you made the NPC's up or if they exist in real game.
    7) All the factions are still active. None is extinct. Even some that you can't join in the game or any you make up are also active, like the Thalmor and the Psijiic Order.
    8) Your character cannot be part of more than two of the main factions (College, Companions, Brotherhood, Thieves) at the same time. It is allowed to be part of two of the main factions and one minor faction (Thalmor, Blades, Psijiic Order...) or one that is made up (like my character's Nature Guardians)
    9) No stealing ideas. Any made up weapon, armor, amulet, faction, NPC must interact with only their creator unless he/she allows other player to use them. But I wouldn't advice it, for it would become a little less variable.
    10) No stealing from any player's inventory/ any important NPC's inventory nor reading their mind just like that. Also no killing other players or important NPC's without everyone agreeing with it.
    11) No Daedric artifacts. The Masque of Clavicus Vile or the Dawnbreaker stay in the underground. Forever.
    12) All the characters with a (*) can be a player.

Writes-Many-Posts

Name: Leepdroon Antepion
    Race: Argonian

Class: All-Around, mostly light armored and usually works in the unseen path.
    Faction: College of Winterhold, The Nature Guardians (Created by me, not from the game)

Looks: Strong green skin, thin, not very muscled, 6.1 ft, war paint in the cheeks, claw scar in the left eye, by an enraged Cave Bear Mother.

War: Nobody besides J'Zargo, who gave his word about keeping it secret with his life, knows.Yet he says he witnessed the (first) destruction of Helgen, which either reveals he was an enemy to the imperials going to be executed, or part of the Imperial army.

Diseases: He suffered from vampirism but was healed by Falion. Appears to be a weak misanthrope, but he fights it the best he can. He also is a Werecrocodile but it is so rare when he becomes one that it is not considered a disease. He only transforms when he is close to something that he is alergic to. But he hasn't noticed what it is yet.

Major Skills: Lockpicking, One-Handed, Sneaking, Conjuration and Destruction and Light Armor.
    Minor Skills: Archery, Heavy Armor, Speechcraft, Smithing, Alchemy

Personality: He does not hate war, since mostly only humans die. He keeps it to himself mostly all the time, but he reveals a lot when angered. Perhaps too much. He is greedy and sometimes a little selfish, unless someone he cares about is in danger. He may get depressed randomly for hearing about the Black Marsh and the civil war but he usually overcomes emotional pain really quickly.

Equipment: Thieves' armor, Adept mage hood, Orcish boots and Dwarven gauntlets. He also wields a silver amulet that his mother gave him before passing away from all her wounds and exhaustion. His hands may wield two Orcish daggers, either a Spriggan Blade and an Ebony shield, or a Spriggan Blade and a spell to conjure a Flame Atronach or Frost Atronarch. He may also wield the Spriggan Bow but it is not likely to happen.

Likes: Argonian Ale, Spriggans, Music, Swimming, Rivers, especially without Slaughterfish so he can swim freely, Dwarven technologies, Conjuration, Alchemy, despite not knowing much about it he really likes the way to different things may form a completely different one.
    Dislikes: Both-Handed, Falmer, Thalmor, Forsworn, Racism, especially against Khajiit and Argonians, Civil Wars, Memories of the Black Marsh, Slaughterfish.
    Acquaintances: J'Zargo (College of Winterhold), Cicero (Dark Brotherhood), Goldenleaf (Nature Guardians), Razorwind (Nature Guardians), Miraclerain (Nature Guardians), Maven and Ingun Black-Briar (Black-Briar Family). (How they met is in the journal, my blog)

Bio: Nobody knows much. He fought in the Black Marsh civil war according to his journal and lost his parents after the war was over. His best friend is the wizard J'Zargo, a Khajiit who studies in the College of Winterhold like him. He appears to have a little more than friendship with Goldenleaf. She has asked for his help sometimes and so did he.
    J'Zargo and Leepdroon's greed and interest in Dwarven technologies brought them into an adventure against Falmer through ancient Dwemer ruins. They owe their lives to each other when they saw their end so close in an unexpected attack from Dwarven Spheres Masters. How they escaped remains unknown, at least until someone reads Leepdroon's journal.
    Misc: Usually sleeps at the College, but sometimes rents a room at the Inn in Whiterun. He is fascinated by the Dwarven techonlogies and investigates them with his brother-in-arms J'Zargo. He was betrayed by the Brotherhood and left the Thieves Guild, for he is an enemy to both. But he kept the armor of the Guild when escaping the Flaggon.

Enemy factions: Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Forsworn.

Most hated foes: Those who underestimate their enemies, Falmer and Chaurus, Forsworn, Assassins, Thalmor and Vampires.

Writes-Many-Posts

Cast:
    Sabboteurs of the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary:
    New leader of the Thieves Guild:
    King of Snow Elves (Falmer):
    The Companions' new tactics man:
    Alchemist from Winterhold:

If you don't like any of these you don't have to take any of those roles. They are just suggestions your character can be something totally different from this list.
    Blue: It's not needed in the RPG, but his or her skills would be a good advantage. Can't be replaced by an NPC. If no one takes their role, they don't enter the story.
    Orange: It shouldn't be replaced by an NPC. It's useful for the RPG.
    Red: It's important for the quest. It can never disappear, but can be replaced by an NPC.

FusRoDovah

I would like to hop in with the character I got in my signature,I didn't update it in a while to make a better writing but I hope it will do..or do I have to complete the same character sheet you did here?
    The reason why he wants to help is that,he can't adventure anymore in Skyrim as he used to because of the disease and he had a few buddies killed by the disease.I am awaiting your reply on the approval/rejection.

Writes-Many-Posts

I would like to hop in with the character I got in my signature,I didn't update it in a while to make a better writing but I hope it will do..or do I have to complete the same character sheet you did here?
    The reason why he wants to help is that,he can't adventure anymore in Skyrim as he used to because of the disease and he had a few buddies killed by the disease.I am awaiting your reply on the approval/rejection.
    Sure, you can join, I am going to post your Characters card here ok?
    Is your character alone? No faction or friends? You don't need I am just asking to see if you have any or you are a fighter that handles himself better all by himself
    By the way, if you want you can create a faction or an NPC (like the Nature Guardians and Goldenleaf)

Writes-Many-Posts

Name:Marlo
    Race:Imperial
    Class:Warrior

Skills:One Handed,Block,Archery
    Weapons:Ebony Sword and Ebony shield(enchanted with resistance to magic)
    Unique Abilites:Fast observer,skilled fighter
    Armor:Full Ebony,but with a long white line,which is a scar, on the front of the chest piece,shield also showing signs of battle

Dislikes:Mostly Thalmor,but with a few exceptions,in rest,arrogant people

Looks: Rarely takes off the helmet,but has combed brown hair,scar starting from the left side of the mouth ending on the middle of the chin,well built,1.80m,65 kg,athletic built body.
    Background:Original from Cyrodill,his father was a warrior which trained him since he was a little boy in the arts of war,had one brother which used to train him and take him to the Imperial City (he lived in the outskirts),was a member of the what was left of the Fighers Guild but he left them and Cyrodill for Skyrim's Riverwood.He eventually found the Companions but left them when found out about the werewolf secret in one of his major journeys. Now he's roaming Skyrim looking for bounties and adventures.
    Weakness:Because he was raised in Cyrodill,the cold usually affects him mostly(Frost magic),curiosity

This is FusRoDovah's character, not mine.

FusRoDovah

Well,as you can see in his bio,he's an ex-companion member..This character usually doesn't make much friends,because as an adventure seeker he went with others like him or mercenaries and sometimes,buddies(which all have died or are presumed dead because of the Falmer)
    No faction at the moment,as he doesn't like any of them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts