Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which One?

• Total voters

Godzillaman 08

Personally I like Fallout New Vegas better, someone may argue that the story may not be as good as Fallout 3 but I never found the main story in Fallout 3 to be that interesting anyway. I also think the side quests where much more fun than in Fallout 3, the DLC is better in Fallout New Vegas at least in my opinion, and the game has a better atmosphere to it.

Well enough about me what do you guys think?

I myself am a big fan of all Fallout games, as shown by my avatar ;)

Well, i could never decide which one is the better of the two. There was a time i liked New Vegas better than Fallout 3, and the other way around.

Where New Vegas is set in a bigger world, it just feels a bit emptier to me than the Capital Wasteland. The New Vegas DLC was definitely better than Fallout 3's, but the whole dark, gritty look of 3 just feels more like how a wasteland should be to me. I also like how you actually see what the bombs did to Washington DC, whereas New Vegas was spared most of the bombs.

Though the New Vegas storyline is okay, it just feels like you are given too many options, seeing as you will play the same missions whatever side you pick. In fallout 3 it was a bit more scripted, but it was also more fun if you ask me because the main quest had a few interesting plottwists (tranquility lane, the Super Mutants) while that was missing in New Vegas in my opinion. I also enjoyed exploring the Capital Wasteland more than the Mojave.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Both good games but FNV is my favourite aswell it has better factions and quests. Although I started a new game on F3 recently and fell in love with it all over again.

Godzillaman 08

I myself am a big fan of all Fallout games, as shown by my avatar ;)

Well, i could never decide which one is the better of the two. There was a time i liked New Vegas better than Fallout 3, and the other way around.

Where New Vegas is set in a bigger world, it just feels a bit emptier to me than the Capital Wasteland. The New Vegas DLC was definitely better than Fallout 3's, but the whole dark, gritty look of 3 just feels more like how a wasteland should be to me. I also like how you actually see what the bombs did to Washington DC, whereas New Vegas was spared most of the bombs.

Though the New Vegas storyline is okay, it just feels like you are given too many options, seeing as you will play the same missions whatever side you pick. In fallout 3 it was a bit more scripted, but it was also more fun if you ask me because the main quest had a few interesting plottwists (tranquility lane, the Super Mutants) while that was missing in New Vegas in my opinion. I also enjoyed exploring the Capital Wasteland more than the Mojave.

Tranquility Lane was the only part of the main quest I remember really liking but aside from that I don't find the main quest all that great but everyone is in titled to their opinion.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
2 words. Iron. Sights.

After playing New Vegas, I couldn't go back to Fallout 3, simply due to the lack of iron sights for the weapons.

Papzt

2 words. Iron. Sights.

After playing New Vegas, I couldn't go back to Fallout 3, simply due to the lack of iron sights for the weapons.
This !!
Exactly the same here. But I also like the environment more than DCs ruins

Sent from my GT-I9300

Dallas-Arbiter

New Vegas was just a better game despite all the bugs. More quests, better NPC's, fully realized companions, complete with backstories and quests of their own, better story, better DLC's that were interconnected to each other and the main story, not just random adventures like Fallout 3. Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, and Point Lookout had nothing to do with each other, and only Broken Steel was connected to the MQ. But New Vegas' MQ, Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road were all one long story.

Also there was Iron sights, hardcore mode (inspired from a mod for F3), the genius companion wheel, the ability to disguise yourself, much better voice acting, they didn't have that retarded DJ voice, you know Butcher's voice, and no Three Dog.

Couldn't stand Erik Todd Dellums' voice in Fallout 3, although he does sound a lot better in Skyrim. The only thing New Vegas didn't have is Random Encounters, and that horrible green tint to absolutely everything. But Fallout 3 did have something better, the music.

Not the background music, I never listened to that, I'm talking about the radio. I did miss hearing Bob Crosby and Billie Holliday. I was never a fan of Dean Martin or C&W music, but I did have the CONELRAD radio station mod. Walking down the Long 15 listening to "Watch World War III on Pay TV" was always good.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts