Faendal is dead when entering Riverwood...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Isevilja

First time I entered Riverwood, and Faendal is lying dead on some rocks :sadface:

Is there any chance I can bring him back to life? Have tried talking to Sven, but he won't give me the love triangle quest, hence I can't get any companions :sadface:

Touchstone

Are you playing on PC or on a console?

Touchstone

Awesome, then yes! Go to the dead body.
Hit ~
Click on the body
Type this word: resurrect
Hit Enter
Hit ~

Isevilja

I ggogled and found this thread as well:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/60970360

I've tried doing this:

"Hit the ` key, left click his body and type "resurrect" He'll come back to life. Sometimes stupid things happen."

But the `key does nothing for me, and then the left click just draws my weapons :sadface: Wish it was possible to play games like these without having extensive computer knowledge, this is putting me off quite a bit...

Isevilja

Finally figured out how to make the ~ icon, but again - it doesn't do anything for me ingame. I press down ctrl + alt and hit the ~, and then I click on the body - every single time I just draw my weapons... Having a Scandinavian keyboard with æøå, don't know if that' makes any difference.

This sucks, having finished Bleak Falls Barrow and becoming level 4 with a good amount of gold, but guess I just have to start aaaaaaall over again... And pray that he's not dead this time...

Touchstone

The tilde key (that wiggly line is a tilde) should be in the upper left corner of the keyboard. If it's not OR it doesn't work, check your controls on your gameplay menu. Look for the key that opens the console. There is more information about the console here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console

Isevilja

After some reading on the page you linked, I did find the console key, on my Norwegian keyboard it's the |§ key left of the 1 key. I was able to enter console mode ingame and hit resurrect for Faendal, however, nothing happened.

I guess the command is broken for Faendal since I accidentally looted some of his stuff while clicking/trying to communicate with him :p And I did continue to play for a while after entering Riverwood (hence having finished Bleak Falls Barrow), so I guess that could be a reason too, since ingame he's been dead for a few hours by now... Had I only known his death would take away my chance of getting the companion achievement, and the entire love triangle questline (I'm a die hard completist :p)...

Oh well, guess I have to shrug off 3 hours work and start all over again, rookie mistake I guess.

Touchstone

Just making sure, after you enter the console, you then clicked on him before you typed resurrect, right?

Isevilja

Wow; it worked!! :D I forgot to click on him, just like you said ;) I had to perform the command three times, and then it suddenly worked :) Stoods something like "Faendal is not bleeding out" etc, and suddenly he was up walking about. Thanks so much, you saved me 3 hours ;D

Touchstone

You know, I went and looked up the quest, and I recall that I did it. I talked to the chick involved first though; Camilla, or something like it, is her name. Anyway, luck to you, and now you know how to bring a quest giver back to life!

Isevilja

I spoke with both Camilla, Sven and Faendal multiple times, but the quest seemed lost somehow ;)

Yeah I know; even though I had to start all over in the end, I've learned how to ressurect people :D And tbh, I prefer the looks of the char I made this last time, so even more happy :) Thanks for all the help, have given you + rep and some likes!

Titanarrow

this funny thing did happen to me too. when i got to riverwood.. faendal lies dead on the ground o_O.. i did try to use console resurrect 0001348c it says Unknown variable '0001348c' blabla. and next row it says compiled script not saved! is he not to be resurrected due to the letter C is not big or small or? what i have read the letters are not case sensitive. but those with CAPITAL letters in name are resurrected but not the ones that have small ones in their id number.. how come? or is the game showing me wrong id for faendal? o_O hewp pwease? :D.

did solve it, i used the old id of him it would not work i had to use basic and use a 0 instead of a little c -.- argh. would be simpler if he had same id all the time :). but the quest triangle drama is not there this time haha. always a new lovley bug every time i start the game :).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts