• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    hey durable diction, i was just reading your post and i want to point out that i dont think daerda actually have souls.
    food for thought y'know?

Actually they do. But it's complicated. They do not die on Mundus, they can only die in oblivion. When a Daedroth is killed, his soul returns to its home realm. Unless it is soul trapped, in which case it is store in a black soul gem.

As to the exact nature of the sword, with a bit of usage of my (invisible) creative liscense, I'm going of the prospect that banishment attacks a Daedroth's soul directly and thus attacks it directly, ignoring armor (this would be why in game, a fork enchanted with banishment could demolish a Dremora Lord or Atronach). Also, I've decided that the banishment would override soul trap, as you have to actually kill the target to gain the soul, while banishment just sends the soul back without (traditionally) killing the target.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    hey durable diction, i was just reading your post and i want to point out that i dont think daerda actually have souls.
    food for thought y'know?

Actually they do. But it's complicated. They do not die on Mundus, they can only die in oblivion. When a Daedroth is killed, his soul returns to its home realm. Unless it is soul trapped, in which case it is store in a black soul gem.

As to the exact nature of the sword, with a bit of usage of my (invisible) creative liscense, I'm going of the prospect that banishment attacks a Daedroth's soul directly and thus attacks it directly, ignoring armor (this would be why in game, a fork enchanted with banishment could demolish a Dremora Lord or Atronach). Also, I've decided that the banishment would override soul trap, as you have to actually kill the target to gain the soul, while banishment just sends the soul back without (traditionally) killing the target.
    K, that makes sense.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    I actually think alot about Skyrim logic. I've actually been (over)thinking about science and magic in Skyrim. It's kind of like a mixture of Fullmetal Alchemist and Star Wars. Technically, Dremora, Lurkers, Seekers, ect. Can choose their forms as well, but typically resemble the natures of their Lords or environment, at least while in Mundus. The truth is that we may never know what a Daedra's true form would be. The same could actually be said for mortals as well. We (especially elves, in their belief) resemble the Divines or the races respective gods (dragons would be Akatosh for instance). This is especîally seen in ice wraiths and spriggans who resemble their
    Environment
    That said, it seems that only the lords or gods have the ability to change their form. While us "lesser creatures" can only resemble what we are used to seeing.

This also brings a theory about the Dwemer. Perhaps the really were transported to another realm. Since Daedra cannot die in our realm, could the same be said for Tamriel-ians in there's? If Thats so, perhaps the Dwemer are simply in another realm. Waiting to die (or taking control).

That brings up the problem of why aren't they back? 4000 years is certainly too long for anything, even an elf, to live. Some answers to this could be that they have achieved their ascent into godhood, or they are immortal, or that the realm is similar to the Soul Cairn, where hey cannot leave. Also, time could be different in that realm. Making 4000 years only be 2 years, or even 2 seconds. Then again, maybe they did die, and have no bodie to return to, or it takes time to reform (in this case, millennia).

Things are convaluted in Mundus. The sun is not actually a sun. It is called Magnus, named after the father of Magic himself. When he found out that the father of man, Lorkhan was draining the essence of the "god like" beings, he was the first to leave. He tore a hole in the very fabric of Tamriel when he escaped. Mortals perceive this as the sun. The essence drained from Magnus is what we call "magicka." Either that, or the "sunlight" is magicka.

In fact, all of the stars and moons of Tamriel are "exit holes" of the deities that escaped from Lorkhans scheme. The eight that stayed are our divines, and the ones that left are technically Daedra. There are thousands of Daedric deities. Yet only about 25 or so have an interest in Tamriel. Our "Divines" are actually weak compared to the Daedra, since their power is drained into Mundus itself. So, either they hate Lorkhan, and subsequently, mortals, or are simply too weak to interfere too much into our affairs.

Lol. I'm really sorry. This doesn't contribute at all to the RP. I just started typing from my mind. Still, I don't feel like deleting it all. Some of this is speculation. And other stiff is what I've read or seen in videos

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Im confused.
    I thought Aedra and Daedra differed by whether they took interest in the idea of mundus. And the fleeing Aedra that created the stars returned to Aetherius. Its kind of hard to explain.

Now i may be wrong, about this, but bear with me. think of TES universe like an egg. in the centre you have Nirn, named after Anuiel's (the force of order and father of the gods) deceased wife. Around that you have Mundus, founded by Lorkhan (who was later killed and became the dead god shor), and the resting place of the divines. Around that you have Oblivion, realm of the Daedra; the gods that refused involvment with the creation of Mundus. yet again around THAT is Aetherius, realm of the aedra. Sovngarde is one of the most well known realms of Aetherius. this plane may also be where the ancestral dwemer spirits lurks.

And thats your egg. After that its just the empty, meaningless Void, devoid of all life, death and time. NOW try to imagine that as a shape (circle oval, it dosent matter). in order to flee the failing Mundus, most of the Aedra tore holes through oblivion to reach Aetherius, leaving the sun and stars (the moon is a different story).

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    That's right. Only eight beings stayed. According to elves, who believe themselves as direct descendants of the Eight, called them "our ancestors," or Aedra. Those that escaped were named Daedra, or "not our ancestors." The Aedra ripped Lorkhans heart out as a price for his treachery.

Yes, the planes of the universe are layered. It's curious though that only a few of the many Daedra take so much interest n mortals. So many other Daedra would have nothing to do with Nirn, left alone its inhabitants. The only answer I can think of is the nature of these Daedra. They want change. Its what they do. While they're actions and domains may appear evil to us, it is just the way they are. They want change, for things to be different. That is all. And the kicker is that it is mostly everytthing else BUT the Aedra that stop them from taking control.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    So what of these other Aedra that still communed with mortals. Your Ebonarm, your Trinimac...

never mind, this is too confusing.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    Trinimac is nonexistent except for every now and then. Technically, Sheogorath is Trinimac. Ebonarm is different. He's not recognized in the Pantheon of Daedric Lords or Divines. That said, he's most likely a Daedra. Or even a former mortal like Sai or Talos

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    you mean malacath?

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    Yes. Malacath. Sorry. Got confused with jygg

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Touche.
    Ok you win. you seem to be more knowledgable of this subject than me.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    That's not necessarily a bad thing. I tend to become a lore master in every game I play. Be it elder scrolls, wow, or even KoA. It's kind of sad really. I know more about a fictional world than the real one

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Hey guys, I finally posted. Sorry I was gone for so long, I'll try to stick around more often. In order to get things moving I scripted some of your characters but I tried to stay as true to their nature as possible. We're in a position to attack Eliphas and save Marek so let's get in there and kill that mother ##%!

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Oh, and DurableDiction, great work on Arkadon and Riften. I love what you've done with the place so far, and I can't wait to see the stronghold of death it's going to become. Great work! Same with you T. Rakinson, good work with Solstheim. Hopefully someone else can get in there with you soon so you don't have to write a fanfic. Great work guys :) Soon we'll be out of hell and we can get to some really good stuff.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Please, T. R, thom or thomas is fine.
    Ill wait until tommorow before carrying on at the temple, you can enter still but it may not work so well.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    I will be availible this weekend, so expect a BIG post then. Seeing as how everyone is making evil NPCs, i made one of my own. The only thing i will say is, he's an orc. Also, for anyone who doesn't know, Hale Loneshadow is now out of the RP. He's constantly in the shoutbox and has clearly lost interest in this RP. I wish him luck where ever he goes.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    If it's needed, I could bring Athramz into Solstheim. Or when Riften becomes liberated, I could move the Riften survivors to Solstheim. I like the the Athramz idea. But it's up to everyone else

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    I love the idea of the supposedly 'extinct' dwemer storming the mountains to aid in the final battle. Who says they dont make a pit stop first? Just my opinion.

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    Is it to late to join?

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    Well. For now, Athramz could still be researching his race and trying t find the Heart of Lorkhan. We can save the Dwemer reassurection (if there will be one.) for later