• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lorelei

I just dusted off my old copy of Fable II which is my favorite game in the series. I'm just waiting for the DLCs to finish downloading.

I love this game soooo much, but I wish there were a game that combined the character appearance evolution based on choices made by your character of Fable II and the character face customization of Oblivion. Combined with the building and decoration capabilities of The Sims 3 and the adventures and story-line of Skyrim and I would never leave my room again. :D

Have any of you guys played the Fable series? What did you guys think of Fable 3? Anybody excited about Fable 4?

l0rdg0ld666

Listener
the fable series was fun. its the only game that lets npcs give stds.

pretty metal.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Love this game series. Fable: the lost chapters will forever be my favorite in the series although two is a close second. I played fable 3 long enough to get through the story only out of love for the first two, for some reason 3 just rubs me the wrong way. As for fable 4...... I'm just not a fan of the kinect(Nor do I own one) so I might give it a miss, not sure though, and probablly won't decide until I'm at the store after it comes out.

Sorry but Fable The Lost Chapters, or just the original, is the best in the series. Fact. Opinions are invalid.

Every other game in the series sucks Broodmothers tits.

Jack of Blades has the best voice ever. (Original. Not Lost Chapters/)

Znowcicle

Chimera~
*Some spoilers for those who have not played Fable III*
I was introduced to the Fable series on Fable II and have not had the opportunity to play the first or the Lost Chapters. I am currently playing through Fable III and was, in perfect honesty, disappointed. The way the jobs worked, the way the inventory works, and that no matter what choice you make in the beginning it doesn't affect the decision of your brother. Also, I was very displeased with "your lover" in the beginning of the game. If you chose to save him/her in the beginning, I distinctly remember him/her saying "Whatever happens know that I love you." Or something very similar to that, but despite this they move on and get involved with another person not knowing whether you're character is alive or dead.

Is it just me or did the creators of Fable not put a very heavy stress on the extent of love? I also read that one person that saved the lover, later on chose for the lover to leave the person they got involved with, married her, got an STD from her, and she apparently cheated because they had a black baby. It just irks me!

l0rdg0ld666

Listener
lol i cant tell you how many wives of mine ive killed over a black baby.

The first one will be my favouite forever, and i'll always remember doing that sleeping 3 days to get my rent and murdering people and rebuy the house that got murdered xD

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
I don't know why, but I loved Fable TLC, but F2 and F3 were just horrible to me. They felt so lazy and disjointed, completely unoriginal, terrible story, way too buggy for how tiny they were, and just uninspired.

I think the story in F2 was what really made me puke at this series. The story literally falls flat on its face. Worst story since air the TV series.

And that whole show was about an innocent girl dying horribly because of AIDS.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
First off, I loved fable 2. I wish I could've played fable tlc, but I only have 360. I have fable III. Favorite characters were Logan and the father like figure Walter Beck. And a little bit of Swift but you barely see him at all.

And there is no Fable 4. Fable the Journey is an offset to the fable series. It's kinda like a What-if the hero bloodline died out, they would have to recreate another one again. It said so in the trailer (The evil manipulative Teresa or whatever, been so long since I played). They also made a little mini game of you playing dolls and fighting chibi like enemies.

My ultimate favorite character of the series? Reaver. Awesome dude. The very essence of evil, but super awesome. :3 I love you Stephen Fry!

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
First off, I loved fable 2. I wish I could've played fable tlc, but I only have 360. I have fable III. Favorite characters were Logan and the father like figure Walter Beck. And a little bit of Swift but you barely see him at all.

And there is no Fable 4. Fable the Journey is an offset to the fable series. It's kinda like a What-if the hero bloodline died out, they would have to recreate another one again. It said so in the trailer (The evil manipulative Teresa or whatever, been so long since I played). They also made a little mini game of you playing dolls and fighting chibi like enemies.

My ultimate favorite character of the series? Reaver. Awesome dude. The very essence of evil, but super awesome. :3 I love you Stephen Fry!
Fable TLC is playable on the xbox 360 =) and yes, Reaver was an awesome character, but Garth was by far the most epic character in that game.

Dabiene Caristiana

Yea, but only just playable. :/ don't wanna risk it. And yea, Garth is boss XD

Eury

Dovahkiin
Fable is one of the best games I have ever played, all those choices you could make was so new to me.. I just fell in love with it the first time I played it, and I played it alot. I probably finished the game over 20 times and never got bored with it really, the english accent etc. Same goes for Fable: The Lost Chapters, especially because you could now get an awesome sword for being good, Avo's Tear.

Fable II was a bit disappointing due to the guns, the clothes and not being able to actually die. The only suit I really liked was the Highway Man Outfit.

Fable III was even more disappointing, the worst thing that they did was making it more "child-friendly". You couldn't even choose which expression to use, which was a big letdown. I did finish it though, just because the game was called Fable.

I only wish they would remake The Lost Chapters.

Dabiene Caristiana

You have to admit though, the really good part about Fable 3 was the voice cast. Walter is voiced by the guy who played King Theoden in LOTR. Which in itself is pretty cool. The guy that voices Logan could act as Logan if it were a movie. It's like it was his evil alter ego or something. It was weird. Barry Hatch as kinda funny lol. :p

I still love Stephen Fry though. He voiced Reaver perfectly for his role in 2 & 3

This is all just my opinion. I will admit that fable 3 totally strayed off from the real picture, and the crawler was probably just thrown in there just for the sake of it, but it kept me entertained.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
The Fable games had so much potential, and while still good games, just did not live up to what was promised. It saddens me to think just how awesome they could have become with just a bit more polish.

Exelex

I was one of the few people that actually enjoyed Fable 3. I can't wait until the official Fable 4.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
It was pretty fun, why oh why did I play it instead of Skyrim though. I just think Skyrim was better in every way, but yeah, Fable II was the best, eating 4 baby chicks so you can turn Innocent people into Chickens the punt them into a cage? Hell yes.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts