• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Limelize

Hello.

I recently bought an XBOX360 and im going to buy Skyrim on it.

However, before im going to purchase the game, i'd like to hear from the people who have played it, that is it worth the money.

So far from gameplays it has looked alright, but harder than other "same type" games.

And i also heard it only has Single Player, no multiplayer, PvP or anything? :sadface:

Thanks everyone anyways.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I have the game on the PC and not the Xbox but I think my impression is relevant for you nevertheless. In short, it is awesome. There is so incredibly much content that you won’t get bored any time soon. The combat (as far as I can tell with my assassin character) is both “brutal” and fast-paced, it definitely feels more lively than in Oblivion.
The different classes (which you can combine in whatever way you desire) play pretty differently. Rogue ones, for example, have to focus on sneaking without getting caught so they can backstab enemies while warrior-ish players gotta find a good rhythm between blocking and attacking.
I for one don’t miss a multiplayer, the Elder Scrolls games aren’t meant for that anyway. If you absolutely abhor singleplayer games then you won’t have fun with Skyrim, I suppose. As for its difficulty, I find it quite easy (except for dragon fights, those are a bitch) although I am playing on the highest setting. If you are overwhelmed by the difficulty anyway you can simply change it on the fly. There is a slider in the menu which allows you to do so.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I'd recommend buying it, no doubt about it. Watch some youtube gameplays on it beforehand to see if it's the game for you. I also wrote a review on it, which you may read here if you wish.

dragonborn---

"They Call Me, Dragonborn"
Soon you will get a arrow to the knee, then you will play it forever.
yes its worth it :D

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
How long does it to take to beat Call of Duty? 8 hours? Too generous? I've been playing skyrim for 100 hours on only one of my characters. I have just gotten close to beating. That might be a lie though because I have no idea when this game will end. o_O

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, let’s be fair here, Call of Duty focuses on the multiplayer rather than its singleplayer campaign, vincent. Apples and oranges.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Well I can't be fair with Call of Duty. You spend 40 hours in multiplayer and then they already have a new game out lol.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Come on, that’s an unfair hyperbole as well. Or are you complaining about “Assassin’s Creed” games (which are published far more frequently) in the same manner?

Flamingtaco

Come on, that’s an unfair hyperbole as well. Or are you complaining about “Assassin’s Creed” games (which are published far more frequently) in the same manner?
Assassin's Creed are definitely not published more frequently than COD. The past 3 have come out once a year, same as COD but that was after a 2 year gap from the first one. Also, assassin's creed has a solid 70-100 hours between the fairly lengthy and open world singleplayer and the multiplayer.

On topic, definitely get skyrim. You won't regret it.

TS7X

thought we were suppose to be talking about our experiences playing skyrim. if you wanna argue about assasins creed and call fo duty, go find the appropriate forum and do it there, not here. anyway im about 75 hours in and i've yet to run out of stuff to do. the detail and feel of the game is incredible not to mention great graphics. just buy it and see for yourself. btw, build up your smithing to lvl 90 as fast as possible and make daedric armour. don't ask questions, just do it haha

Justus

The keeper of the peace
i defintitely would recommend it. my xbox got stolen 2 weeks ago and i only own one game. skyrim.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
this is the thing this game is worth more than 60 or so dollars you have so much to do when you want how you want and your game experience is never the same.... remember this is a RPG/Adventure there is no wrong way to play this game and once you get started you wont stop, i had a situation yesterday where i ran into 4 frost trolls then a dragon!!! and im only level 16!! the AI in the game is good and you never know how powerful enemies are in the caves and castles (unless you have the strat guide or collectors version) worth every penny i went back and bought the collectors box version just to support how awesome this game is.

TS7X

this is the thing this game is worth more than 60 or so dollars you have so much to do when you want how you want and your game experience is never the same.... remember this is a RPG/Adventure there is no wrong way to play this game and once you get started you wont stop, i had a situation yesterday where i ran into 4 frost trolls then a dragon!!! and im only level 16!! the AI in the game is good and you never know how powerful enemies are in the caves and castles (unless you have the strat guide or collectors version) worth every penny i went back and bought the collectors box version just to support how awesome this game is.
I just turned lvl 45 today and there are still a good hand full of npc's that i have trouble killing or even surviving a fight with.

LaTuFu

Here
If you prefer the FPS genre and multiplayer MMO PvP styles, Skyrim isn't for you.

The Elder Scrolls franchise has always been about individual exploration and character development.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts