• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    The Altmer mage nodded her head, making her way to find a Khajiiti hybrid. As she wandered, she heard the noise of the group becoming engulfed in an attempt to unlock their acquaintance. While looking in to the area and observing the scene, she found a familiar face; the usual sultry and sassy look upon her face. Rayyia.

"Rayyia!" Eilonwy spoke, racing over to her. While Eilonwy had friends that she was far closer to and Rayyia was almost her complete opposite, they were still great friends. "Why are you in here!? The same reason as me?"

The mixed woman of Redguard and Nord looked up while in her cage shrugging her shoulders. "I can... explain...?" her sultry voice spoke, almost in a questioning tone.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    "You sure this is where this son of a bitch is hiding out in?" The figured armored in runic plate asked, his noble voice having a harsh edge to it. Even despite his many days traveling through he seemed to be well groomed, his handsome visage largely unaffected by the ravages of Skyrim's harsh land.

His bound companion however looked to be in much worse condition, his face clearly having been beaten severely, and having been left unfed for days. "Divines yes! That's it, right there! Why would I lie at this point." The man's hoarse voice cried, thick with terror and exhaustion.

The noble gave a small chuckle as he nodded in agreement, "Ha, quite true old chap. You learned not to do that the hard way. Sorry about the hand by the way."

The Imperial captive gawked at the man who seemed to be so casual about his treatment, "Sorry, you cut off my hand you freak."

"Well to be fair you're a vampire cultist, worshiping the abominations and sacrificing townsfolk. Your lucky I didn't give you over to Serana, she would have shown you a vampire's true hospitality."

"So, is that it now, I you'll let me go?"

Rolard laughed lightly and patted the poor fool on the back, "No my friend, that won't be happening." Without another thought he whipped out his dagger, dragging it across the cultists neck, spilling crimson upon the snow white ground. "Farkas better come up with some extra coins for this." The breton spellsword muttered to himself as he made his way into the cave, only to find its inhabitants dead. Well except for a strange grouping of Khajit, Argonians, an Altmer, a Nordic Redguard, most of them arguing about some pointless family fued. And his bounty lying dead on the ground.

"For Oblivions sake, can none of my bounties go normally? I'm charged with hunting down an insane Nord with dreams of becoming a vampire, and I find this circus act." He growled, clearly unpleased to have his hunt disrupted in such an unusual way.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ryder was about to round the corner after his Father when a new voice rang out, carrying a rather displeasured tone.

He whirled about, pausing at a rather curious sight. A broad Breton man stood before him in a glowing set of armor, looking like a mix between common bandit and...noble.

Ryder tried to mask his confusion, but he no doubt bore a half-witted look about himself.

"Come to kill the Nord, eh? I'll have you know your bounty was a Dark Brotherhood contract. It's probably best if you stay out of it. We've all heard what became of a certain Commander when he crossed blades with the league of assassins."

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    Everyone freezes and stares at the new guy.

Kax, with an unamused look on his face, pipes up first with a 'Who the fl*ff is this asshole?"

"Tsch, circus act?" Kivli growls, glaring down the new guy. "Kaz, Ryder, Toby, Wolf, do me a favor and kick this ass out of here while I work on this lock. Please?"

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Not only was the family feud pursuing and the questioning of Rayyia's and Eilonwy's friendship, it seemed another joined the mess, and was not happy about it. Threats were quick to follow, the tension rising faster than a fire from a dragon.

"You know, this place was much more comfortable before you and your friends showed up." Rayyia half-joked, her arms crossed as she looked over to Eilonwy. The Altmer simply shook her head. "I have no idea where I am, how I got here, or why I am here. I am happy to be out of the cage... but I am unsure of what is going on or who these people are! I wonder if-" "Oh shut it Eilonwy and let's get out of here."

Despite the confusion and chaos, the Altmer mage was still willing to help her friend escape; while of course listening in on the dramatic scene unfolding in the proximity.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    A soft, amused smile formed on the ex-noble's face, seemingly unfazed by the innumerable threats he had received from the rather large group of assassins and what he presumed were thieves. Granted, it wasn't the best situation to be in, but he'd gotten out of worse alive. Well barely alive, but that was beside the point.

He looked over at the strange hybrid clad in Nightingale armor. "Ah, the brotherhood eh? Didn't realize there were so many beast folk that were part of your organisation. Forgive me for being unimpressed, had my fair share of assassins hunt me over the years, some Brotherhood, even a few others. I find they are skewered as easily as the rest." He continued to walk further in to the cave, largely ignoring the death glares being tossed at him by the mod.

"Also I wouldn't recommend that. While I'm amused right now, I have very little issue with removing limbs. But why let it get to such a point eh? We're all enterprising adventurers, I'm sure this can be settled civily, and I assure you that you want it to end that way." While his tone started off friendly and charming enough, it got definitively darker by the end of it, his hand resting on the hilt of his long sword.

While he waited to see if he'd be using that he looked over to the two presumed prisoners who hadn't threatened him yet. "Ah, and how rude of me to ignore the reason I'm here." He made his way over to the Altmer and Nordguard, offering them a canteen of water. "Here ya are, been prisoner myself a few times, and I know I was thirsty as hell afterwards."

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Being as discombobulated as she was, Eilonwy was astounded at how everyone was very... nonchalant, about everything. What did she not know that the others did!? She had finally unlocked her friend, to which the Nordic Redguard walked out. While the sultry young woman was sassy, she seemed a bit lackluster compared to her usual aura.

Turning around, the Altmer mage was surprised to see the fellow once threatening the others was now charmingly offering a canteen to the two friends. "Thank you," she spoke softly, taking the canteen. While she was still unsure of her location, the intellectual young woman knew that her friend was there far longer than she, and proceeded to make sure she was the first to drink from it. Rayyia did not hesitate to take it, and begin drinking the canteen without another word.

Now facing the people in the cave rather than Rayyia, she sighed softly to herself. She was bothered by the fact that she was the one confused, and not another. "I never would've guessed you'd be stuck in a similar cage to me, miss goody-two-shoes," Rayyia snickered, before taking another drink of water. Eilonwy ignored the statement, and faced the man once more. "Would you know why in Tamriel I would be here?" the mage asked, a bit of annoyance laced in her voice. The annoyance was not directed to the male, but rather her general frustration to her lack of information.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ryder chuckled, crossing his arms and leaning against the far wall, "Cocky bastard, aren't you?" Ryder gestured with his tail towards the blade resting at the newcomers hip, "White ebony longsword, a sliver crown...Ah! I believe we find ourselves in the prescene of royalty!"

"May I present to you the rightful heir to the throne of High Rock! The eldest son of the crippled house. A failed knight and apprentice mage. Rolard Seton, the scandalous king of rags!"

Ryder shot a challenging grin towards the newcomer, drawing his twin blades, "Do not be swayed by his fancy equipment and arrogant strut. This man is no threat, he failed to defend his family from a ragtag group of bandits at dinner."

Ryder paused, mockingly gasping in surprise, "I'm sorry, too soon to bring up the death of old paps, hm?"

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    A gentle smile was given in response to the thanks, waiting patiently for them to quench their thirst. While it tied a knot in his stomach to assist a knife-ear, he knew the pain of being kept prisoner, and wasn't beyond feeling empathy for those unfortunate enough to experience such a thing. He scratched at his stubble as he tried to form an answer for the Altmer's question, the one the Nordguard seemed to proud to ask. "Sorry to say miss I don't know why he took you in particular, or your friend. Man seemed to be obsessed with vampirism." Rolard spat on the ground upon the mention of the disease. "More than likely was gathering folk for some kind of... Well, nothing pleasant I'm sure." He tried to distract from where he was going with that, preffering not to further disturb the two by saying they were nearly blood sacrifices for the mad mans sick fantasy.

Of course this was quickly interrupted by the Nightingale who seemed to be in charge of one of the two groups here, and a visible twitch could be seen from the warrior at the mention of his family. He turned back towards the Argojit, his once friendly and easy going face now filled with a barely contained rage.

"Ha, no need to apologize lad, its a failure I live with every day of my life. However you forget a one thing, despite it all, despite the numerous attempts to end my life, my line, I still stand." His voice was laced with venom, drawing his white ebony blade, igniting it in a blue flame, and letting his left hand be wreathed in inferno. "So come beast, if you are so assured, come see what kind of a threat I am, and I will send you to Oblivion with all the others who have tested me." Any friendliness that had been was clearly gone, a line was crossed, and Rolard would see the transgression paid for in blood.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    After drinking, quite frankly, a lot of the water, Rayyia handed over what was left to Eilonwy, as she began to take a sip of it as well. However, the tension was no mere pull once a family name was mentioned; rather, it felt like a stab to the air, slicing through every bit of peacefulness. The Altmer mage nearly choked on her water, but luckily did not.

Grabbing onto Rayyia's arm, the Altmer took a step back, knowing they did not belong in the fight about to unfold. "Let's leave this place Rayyia," Eilonwy spoke, before the sassy young woman yanked her arm away. "And miss the show? Forget that!" she remarked, gaining a tint of anger from the mage. "This 'show' might become a bit too interactive if we hesitate." Her voice was a bit more stern now, but the Nordic Redguard gave no sign of budging.

Whether or not the two were leaving, both were readily armed and ready to attack at any moment if a fight were to break out. Of course, if one did occur, the mage would be the one to attempt to make peace. If it did not, the bandit would surely encourage one or cause it. The mentioning of vampirism did bother the Altmer greatly; she could presume they were to be sacrafices. No matter the reason then, she wanted to leave.

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    "Enough." Came the icily calm growl of Kivuli, who now stands right behind Rolard with her dagger pointed right at the nape of his neck. "You insult me and my companions, then presume you can beat your way past all of us. You presume too much. Drop your blade, silence your flames, and maybe we can indeed end this civilly. Harm anyone here, and you will be in the Void before you can draw your final breath."

Kaz instinctively moves between Roland and Ryder, fangs bared. "You threaten my son in my presence, and you think that wouldn't royally piss me off? I don't know the kind of hooligans you tango with daily but I can assure you of this. If you don't sit down and shut up, or get the hell out of this cave, I will show you just how big of a threat my kind can be. Are we clear, boy?"

Lazzie kinda hides behind Wolf, not liking how far south this whole situation was turning. A fight she wanted NO part in.

Secretly watching this pl*psstorm go down is a hidden cloaked figure. He was simply observing them, before he had to report in for his own mission.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ryder could plainly see how deeply his words cut. Getting a twitch out of a practiced politician was difficult enough.

Truth be told, Ryder had been enjoying the banter until now. As soon as the man turned, he could see the pain written across his face...a fresh wound. A wound that Ryder knew well, as did Tobias. They bore similar scars.

I should know better by now.

Ryder's eyes softened and his stance sagged, the weight of what he had done finally hitting him. He'd insulted this man out of his own insecurities...about his orphanage. He tore his eyes away as Kazasha and Kivuli stepped in, dropping his head in shame. How low he had stooped. And for what?

A foolish boon to his own weaknesses? A mask to hide behind?

Ryder shoved Kazasha out of the way and calmly strode over to Rolard, stopping an arm's reach from the enraged man. Perfectly nestled in the reach of all of the man's weapons.

Ryder dropped his daggers at the man's feet and looked him straight in the eye.

"What I have done is not this man's fault. It was I who prodded this man's scars. I was the one who threatened. I was the one who drew my weapons and challenged this man. He is simply reacting to that challenge.

As he should."

Ryder drew a long breath and offered his hand, dearly hoping he would still have it afterwards, "I apologize for my actions. Would you spare a common thief your kindness? I too know the pain of losing family, and I pray that yours is better off than mine. Forgive me."

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    Kivuli hisses slightly. "That does not clear him of his wrongs towards me."

Kaz just growls. "That does not give him the right to threaten your life. Brat should know that he isn't the only one who failed to protect his own once. That wound should have left its scar by now."

Lazzie makes her way to the cage Kivuli had been working on, getting the lock opened to get to the injured one.

Fiesty ones...

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Hearing the story unfold, Eilonwy realized the depth of hurt that truly stabbed the air; the air, being the male who offered the water. The insult had traveled to Eilonwy's sympathy, understanding how such a tragedy would cause such pain. As she glanced over to Rayyia, she did not show sympathy; rather, hers was empathy.

Rayyia was an orphan as well; while her parents were not killed - and who truly knows if they are alive now - the same sense of pain was obviously felt by the Nordic Redguard.

"I think we can leave now." Rayyia muttered, turning around finally. Despite the two's recent friendship, a few incidents have proven the depth of their personalities. One for Rayyia, was that she was certainly a softy. While she kept her bad-ass attitude alive in public, in private, she was always gentle. Now, Eilonwy was the one wanting to stay. Her desire to understand who the people were and the reasoning why they were all fated to meet in a singular spot intrigued the young woman.

"Just hold on a second," Eilonwy whispered, grabbing Rayyia's arm to keep her in place. With things slowly cooling down, there was a chance to learn more...

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    A savage grin formed across the Breton's face as he felt the cool kiss of steel against his neck. It was an invigorating feeling, and in spite of himself he loved the thrill of such risks. "I'm waiting for your words to turn in to actions." He whispered back, waiting for things to get exciting.

His attention then went to the man in front of him, the presumed patriarch of the clan. He took a step forward, the blade pressing a bit deeper into his neck. "Frankly old man, I couldn't give a damn if it pisses you off. Your pup offered me insult, drew his blade on me, and you accuse me of starting something? Your logic is curious. Now let him deal with this by himself, or is he incapable of defending himself?" The noble bit back, rather frustrated at the interference in his duel which hadn't even started yet. Was there no honor amongst these folk? If such an insult were offered in High Rock the man guilty would have no choice but to answer for his words.

Yet it seemed it would not come to that, as the Nightingale stepped forward to take ownership for his words. On one hand, he was beyond infuriated. Men who had offered him such insults had found themselves lacking a few limbs. But here he stood now, fully apologizing. Ruthless though he may be, Rolard hadn't fallen so low as to assault one who offered peace. Taking a deep breath, the flames slowly died around his sword and in his hand. Blade still to his neck, he grasped Rydar's hand and gave it a firm shake.

"Any man capable of owning to his mistake is one I can make peace with. Apology accepted friend, and allow me to offer mine for insult I gave you or your kin, and for any suffering your family has had to deal with." He proceeded to sheath his blade, despite the fact that a few here were still eager to shed his blood.

"Ha, speaks well of you to have a clan so eager to defend you. Still I can only remain so civil while a blade is pressed to my neck, I'm sure you understand." The charming, friendly voice returned with ease, a noticeable change of tone for sure.

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    "One brash move, Breton, and your head will part ways with your body." Kivuli hisses before sheathing her dagger and heading back to the cage...to see Lazzie squirming her way in there. "Hun, let me get that dead guy out first."

"Parlay for now, mortal. I advise you don't try this kind of stunt again." Kaz growls before eyeing Ryder. "You okay, son?"

Lazzie sighs. "Yes, please do, Kiv."

Kivuli chuckles and heaves the dead guy out of the cage. "So, who's the live one in there?"

Peace so quickly? Hm....interesting.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    White-Wolf, who had been calmly watching, decided to speak up, "Listener, it would be wise to stay your blades. I do not wish to start something. Our tensions are high enough as is. Perhaps a good meal and some drink is an order?"

Ryder shook Rolard's hand, his features framed by an easy grin, "Thank you. I'm glad we could resolve this peacefully." Ryder glanced over at Wolf, "I second that, a good roast is sure to dispell some tensions. That, and it will be good for the Altmer and her friend. I'm sure she wouldn't mind a few moments to ask questions." He turned back to Kazasha,

"Yes Father, I am well. I apologize for shoving you."

Tobias poked his head around the corner, "I like roast!" He returned to the cage, pulling the injured Argonian from it as Kivuli cleared the dead man. The Argonian was unconcious, no doubt from the nasty gashes on his legs and chest.

"Damn," Tobias breathed, "The poor sod looks like someone to flay him before trying to hack his legs off." His voice became laced with concern, "Lazzie, did you bring enough bandages? I'm sure I could fashion something if you didn't."

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    Kiv eyes Wolf. "So long as he doesn't start anything, I won't gut him like a slaughterfish. I'm not as kill-happy as Astrid was."

Lazzie sighs, and nods. "I hope I do." She gets started Healing what she could, hoping to get the serious wounds closed up before mummifying the poor guy in bandages.

Kaz sighs. "Apology accepted."

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    The Breton clapped his hands together in approval, glad to see this confrontation was at an end. "Most excellent, breaking bread would be a fine way to ease the tension, I'll get the fire going." Without waiting for approval he began gathering what he could to start a blaze.

While doing that he reached into his pack and grabbed a health potion, "And Tobias is it?" He tossed over the potion to the lad before setting up the fire pit. "That should at least keep the poor bastard kicking until we can heal him proper."

The pile of wood set, Rolard set his hands over the wood and it immediately set fire, casting an odd blue glow across the cave from the Sapphire flames. With that Rolard sat down, resting his head against the cave wall as he waved over the rest to join him.