Escaping Prison Problem

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Odinkarr

So I successfully escaped from Riften Jail, and I've tried it again and again but everytime that I get out the guards come after me because my bounty is still 2100. How do I get rid of that?

You can pay a bounty hunter money to get rid of your bounty (a random event) otherwise i believe there is no way to get rid of it! Your meant to be a fugitive after all! If your a thane of Riften, perhaps see if the "Im the thane" dialogue option works so the guards will ignore you. Otherwise your just going to have to serve the sentence or pay the bounty.

KANE OG

Are you sure its a glitch? if you escaped from prison (in a realistic manner) the guards would discover you have escaped and continue to apprehend you. Quite honestly, i think the game should be like that

Please read the link I posted, then you will understand.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
So I successfully escaped from Riften Jail, and I've tried it again and again but everytime that I get out the guards come after me because my bounty is still 2100. How do I get rid of that?
Or get a bounty in the other 8 holds as well for the achievement, which is how I did it.

Please read the link I posted, then you will understand.
i did read the link, that is a completely different problem relating to the forsworn conspiracy quest in markarth where u help the king of the forsworn escape the mine! This guys problem is that once he escapes from any jail (in this case riften) his bounty does not disappear but i believe this is just how the game works!

Odinkarr

I dunno you guys, it just seems like such a waste. Why would I want to bust out of the big house if I'm just gonna get thrown right back in there. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

I dunno you guys, it just seems like such a waste. Why would I want to bust out of the big house if I'm just gonna get thrown right back in there. Is there anyway to fix this problem?
im not so sure if its a bug, as the example KaneOG used was about a quest prison break out. Im not sure what to suggest apart from staying out of town, sneaking around or paying the bounty. sorry

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
As far as I'm aware there are 3 options available that I have tried & all of them have worked....
Option 1/. Go back to Riften and let pay the fine, then you are free.
Option 2/. Go back to Riften and get arrested and jailed. Then once you are in your cell click the bed, which gives you the option to serve your time & then you are free.
I did both of these options at 2 different times & they both worked and I had a bounty of 10,000 the first time & a bounty of 12,500 then second time.

Option 3/. Stay on the run, if you keep out of the Rift Hold you are completely safe. Once you cross back over into the Rift Hold your troubles start again.

BabyMickers

Totally sweet
Are you serious? Where in real life does it work where you can break out of prison and the law just forgets you were ever there. Not a but just the game working like intended. May need to get your brain checked though.

3 options:
Pay the dam fine. Your rich beyond all measure anyway.
Join the Thieves Guild and pay them to remove the fines.
Kill everyone.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Moved to help section.

Are you serious? Where in real life does it work where you can break out of prison and the law just forgets you were ever there. Not a but just the game working like intended. May need to get your brain checked though.

3 options:
Pay the dam fine. Your rich beyond all measure anyway.
Join the Thieves Guild and pay them to remove the fines.
Kill everyone.
This is exactly what i have been trying to tell them!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts