• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Neverwin

Protector of Innocent Commas
    Sverr gave the Mourner a blank look that would, like most of his expressions, go unnoticed. He had absolutely no idea what she was talking about. She was apparently a lot stronger than she looked that much was certain, and he managed to piece together from what she said as well as by what had happened earlier that she knew magic. The mass of armor seemed to be in a pause, debating with himself over whether he should stay awake and stand guard or not. It did not take him long, a few seconds at most. He tried not to spend a lot of time thinking.

He gave a little resigned grumble.

"Creature... Mourner, you call yourself? Fine, then. Tonight, I trust you to stand guard. In Skyrim, actions speak louder than words, and your actions, thus far, lead me to believe that you're trustworthy and can handle yourself. Keep your eye out for outside threats, but you watch the wood elf, too. The pointy-eared bastard admits he's an assassin... he's paid to put knives in people's backs. I'd sooner trust my life to an angry frost troll than to him."

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    "I've also put arrows to people's backs," Kir said this with his normal sarcastic smile. "Let me guess, your one of those face to face like a man or warrior's honor types of men yes? Well I ask you what use is honor if your dead? I would happily throw dirt in someone's eyes to beat them. But just because I prefer the shadows, does not mean I'm not dangerous face to face. On the contrary, my adoptive father is a former Alik'r warrior."

Kir smiled reassuringly, "Trust me cousin. If I wanted to harm you I would have done so already." Kir turned his attentions back to Mourner. For some reason he felt drawn to her and trusted her. Kir was always able to read people easily but she was something of a mystery. I should like to get to know her better, he thought to himself. And as soon as they go to sleep I will make myself some damned food.

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
    Mourner shrugs.

Again, Sverr, you put too much honour in me and my actions, and too little in the creed I espouse, and the actions it mandates. Though it's been the undoing of us - our mothers and fathers of the House struck down by traitor usurpers and former friends for standing up to their principles - we have always spoken for honour, and believe that if any of you must kill each other, it should be face to face, with weapons in your hands. None shall kill another dishonorably on my watch - I won't let others blaspheme any more than I would let myself do so.

But I'll watch him for you, don't worry. I'll watch all of you. Sleeping. Peaceful. Dreaming.'

She continues to bustle around the camp, helping to erect rudimentary shelter against the elements, and against any predators that might be lurking nearby. Once everyone's asleep, she'll sit, turning her head this way and that for evidence of attackers. After a while, she quietly addresses Kir.

'Brother Kir, let me be blunt. You seem a little on edge, but in such a place as this, it would be madness not to. Yet when I look from you to the others - to the Reaper, to the Many-in-One, to the Nordkin, to my own principles so shamefully labelled 'madness' by lesser minds - I have to say, I do not see madness in you - at least no major flaw that the Madgod might seek to widen. Why are you here?

If we are to be travelling as a group, it would be helpful to know what we're dealing with, at least - what to look out for in each other, if nothing else. Besides, I do believe it's valuable to understand ourselves, to share our burdens, and in doing so, we may be able to overcome them. I won't share them with anyone else, not before you're ready, but -

- wait.'

She stops, raising one stump-like hand for silence. Something long and sinuous writhes beneath her headscarf, uncoiling around her face and bestirring itself from deep within her skull. It's unclear what exactly it is, but it's only the more disturbing for being hidden.

'Did you hear that, assassin? I believe we might not be alone here. Do we want to wake the others - or does that risk drawing a greater threat?'

She neatly draws herself to her feet, and begins fastidiously unwrapping the bindings on her hands, extending minute tendrils of telekinetic force when her still-wrapped hands fail. She turns, staring into the night, facing the creatures lurking on the edge of the firelight. She's unfamiliar with the denizens of the Isles - of Sheogorath's creatures, only Golden Saints (who Sheogorath had stopped sending to answer conjurations after enterprising Dunmer had developed a cottage industry of killing them and stealing their souls), but the silhouettes of these things seem … insectoid. Long, chitin-armoured legs folding up into a pin-prick body, scything mantid claws, frond-like antennae waving in an unseen breeze. She shudders in revulsion despite herself, readying and focusing her magicka against the threat, but letting them make the next move.

Nadir-Natesse

Proprietor of Thy Lady and Lord
    Kiera watched the back and forth between the three madmen closely. She was unsure of what she should feel, here. Companionship? Anxiety? Suspicion? A million and one emotions welled up inside her and she wondered if she should introduce herself... It didn't seem as though anyone cared, really. The only one who had shown any sort of affinity to her was the short warrior, who had disrupted her conversation with the Bosmer (who was indeed an assassin- Kiera was not pleased, but Karnaak was overjoyed)in order to, what it seemed, protect her.

Before she had time to make a decision, she found every one had decided on the first night watch and were now settling into places to rest for the night. Surprised and nervous, Kiera decided to follow after the short warrior, feeling most comfortable in his company. She settled down beside him and without looking at him, she soft softy and more to the ground.

"Hello, Sverr... My name is Kiera...Kiera Xentarezz... I was wondering if I could stuck with you for a while. I...I don't have the slightest idea what to do, here."

Kir the Silent

"Morner, don't wake the others and stay here. I'll check it out. I'm far more stealthy than any here and best not to cause a panic." Kir looked at Mourner as she unveiled her hands and wrappings. Kir didn't react in anyway, it didn't change his opinion of her. "But before I go, as to why am I here? I do not know...And I do not see madness in you, to be honest I feel-nevermind."

Kir hide his blush in his cowl. What the hell was I about to say? He thought to himself. The fact that he was actually blushing made him blush more. He didn't deny he felt drawn to her for some reason, but saying so would have sounded strange and to be hinest he had no idea how to word it. Gods I feel insane now.

"Stay here, stay safe." Kir disappeared into the shadows before she could respond or ask him questions. Hopefully she would forget about it by the time he returned. Kir moved in utter silence, a leaf on the wind. A whisper among sounds. He started to close in on the noise which was a bit of a trek from the camp. She has good senses, he thought. He readied his bow and peered into the clearing.

Kir couldn't believe his eyes...it was a hound...with no skin. Three of them to be exact, were tearing into the corpse of what once was a man or mer. Blood dripped from their maws and the were fearsome looking indeed. They would no doubt pose a threat to the camp, he thought to himself. He readied Spear-Thrower and notched three arrows. Simple, he thought. Loosing the arrows they all struck they're marks.

The hounds feel to the ground unmoving, two head shots and one to the heart. He walked over to make sure the beasts were dead and he heard no heartbeats.Kir retrieved his arrows and started to hike back to camp eager to tell that the camp was safe for now. He walked a good ways when the wind shifted and he smelled something he couldn't place.

Pain roared through his leg as he fell to the ground, pulled from behind. Turning he saw to his horror one of the hounds still alive! The one that had been pierced in the hear was still alive and biting onto his leg with unholy strength. Kir saw blood spurt as it bit deeper. He swung his bow as hard as he could and this dislodged it as Kir lunged for his sword which had fallen with him. But the beast was already back upon him and bit into his shoulder visciously. Kir reached as the pain radiated through him. He managed to barely grab the blade, swinging it in a deadly arc and severing the hound's head.

"What a stupid mistake...a infamous assassin...caught of guard...by a dog?" He managed to sit up against a mushroom, holding his left shoulder as it bled badly. Its teeth had been unnaturally sharp, but than again everything about it was unnatural. His breathing was ragged and he remembered his potions were back at camp. "Another...mistake..."

Using the sword to help him to his feet, he started to limp back to camp. His vision blurred abit and it was hard to breath. Stupid mistakes, insane place...making me careless. Well be more careful! I already have to deal with madmen and I know their out to get me. I know what I'm doing. I don't trust them either. Good, I may have to kill them before they kill me. I'm the only sane one. I know you are. Is it mad to talk to yourself? He suddenly thought limping as black danced around his vision. No, people talk to themselves all the time. Your only mad if you answer yourself. Kir collapsed on the ground as his vision faded and blood seeped onto the ground. Exactly, I'm sane.

Anonymous

Don't Panic!
    The room continued to bustle with the intense erratic behavior it’s the inhabitants. The shouting bounded wildly against the high ceilings of the anteroom with enough force to push the reserved Breton further and further against the shadow draped walls. In late passing years Yves hadn’t much involvement with the affairs of outside world and it’s people, instead he isolated himself in a cozy nook between the wilderness of the Reach and Hjaalmarch. Occasionally Yves would travel into settlements for trade, but this was done discreetly and with the least amount of verbal exchange possible.

Haskill, visibly exhausted by his audiences tireless blather, parted ways with a polite, yet vague, dismissal. Yves started, a crucial question he’d yet to formally ask bursting on his lips just as the air swallowed the irritable chamberlain. In the fleeting moments before Haskill drew introductory to a close the sudden idea struck him that he, nor his unlikely companions, had the slightest notion where the Lord Sheogorath held residence. Unfortunately he had acted on this inclination a moment too late. Like it been issued the cue to exit on stage for it’s solo performance the masonry began to squirm, rippling and moving as if alive. Before Yves could utter a warning the walls burst into a multitude of delicate butterflies. He froze with an expression of absolute stupefaction and watched in a stunned silence as the thousand pairs of fluttering wings ascended into the rich purple twilight of the heavens overhead. The Breton had a certain affinity concerning insects. In fact, he had a vast collection of insects littering his home--they were contained inside glass jars and assorted by color. This was potentially the closest he had ever become to established organization.

It could rival even the sunrise, he mused as the last butterfly faded into the twinkling firmament. The giddiness of enrapture withered quickly as he took into account the new environment that had so flamboyantly been unveiled. The scowl pulling at the corner of his mouth deepened as he scanned the exposed horizon. It was a dramatic landscape as vast and forbidding as it was magical and inviting. The expanse divided itself by strong characteristics mirrored in opposition by it’s significant other half. Yet between Mania and Dementia, the names he would later learn to call them, both still managed to retain a lingering sense of congruency. Deep in his thoughts, Yves propped the point of his elbow in one hand while he traced the dips and peaks of the terrain in the air with the finger of the other. He had a limited knowledge regarding Daedra, and what he did know he lacked in an imagination that could not truly immerse himself in the reverence of their existence. Having, indirectly, been summoned to the physical realm of such a being was difficult to wrap his mind around. He was unreservedly fascinated, yet utterly terrified, all at once. That being said this was the most alive, the most engaged, he had felt in ages. While the circumstances were not necessary ideal he was determined to relish the event in all it’s bizarre, nightmarish glory.

Yves’ gaze wandered to the desk and chair still standing in space they had occupied when encompassed by walls. He thought it peculiar for the furniture, of all things, to have remained behind. Then again, in a land no longer bound by the restrictions of logic he shouldn’t think too much of it. Still, it was worth investigating while the others were distracted by petty dispute. Yves’ bare feet padded silently on the cool slab floor, which had also resisted transformation for unknown reasons, as he skirted around the colorful gathering. In a few short steps he stepped on the rich tapestry of the floor rug that circled the carved desk and poured over the adornments of it’s surface. Unfortunately the polished desk held nothing of interest save for a book, which he hesitated to read recalling the events less than an hour ago, and a metronome engraved with the same spiteful laugh that made up the portal mouth. When he was permitted to return home he might attempt retrieving the musical device to return with him.

Yves sighed defeatedly and slumped in the plush chair behind the desk. Contrary to his first impression the seat was not made for a person of his size and he found it quite uncomfortable. He folded his hand behind his head, slung his long legs over the desk, and returned his focus to the group whom had already taken to bickering among one another, again. He listened halfheartedly to the heated discussion exchanged, even chuckling when the sooty, cloaked figure perched on a foreign tree reprimanded the two Mer below. Yves took immediate liking to the ash-clad women, if only for her candid approach. The masked Imperial spoke then, his slick voice addressing Yves personally.

Yves, mildly surprised by the directness, shifted in his chair and prepared to answer. The cloaked woman, however, interrupted him. She seemed to glide across the floor with an unnaturally fluid motion that made Yves skin prickle. Mourner, as she revealed she was called, spoke simply, with which everything Yves nodded in agreement. Mourner even spoke of things that he would have mentioned himself should she had not interjected. When she proposed an exchange of names, Yves introduced himself as Yves Leroux with a playful exaggeration of his accent. After this, Mourner rallied a night watch to which Yves would have willingly volunteered if Kir had not. With the mundane settled and the chill of darkness seeping in, each member of their band attended to their respective tasks. From behind the desk Yves’ gaze passed along the group with a dwindling interest that ultimately subsided all together. The fire stoked by Kir caste roaming shadows that moved like an ocean tide across the brooding features of Yves’ face and his dark eyes consumed the warm light of the dancing flames. His mind began to drift from his body to a state not unlike sleep, to his private sanctuary from the shackles of worry or regret, into the familiar embrace of oblivion. He would have sunk deeper and deeper until he no longer existed, until he could not be awakened, if it weren’t for the gentle swish of air that passed near him.

Yves, drawn from his habitual trance by the minor disturbance, reluctantly adjusted his position and turned in time to see the silhouette of Kir slipping through the foliage. Slightly piqued he had been disturbed the man stood, ignoring the objections of his cramped muscles. Once he had composed himself he noticed Mourner and the atmosphere of unease emitted by her tense body language. He followed to where he assumed she was looking and, as expected, it aligned with the Mer’s direction. It was evident there was an unidentified danger near and Kir, in all his zealous bravado, took it upon himself to eliminate the threat without consulting better judgement.

Tch. You shouldn’t have let him run off alone,” he managed to say between busily biting fingernails that had already been chewed to ragged slivers. He paused to spit and approached Mourner. As he neared her, he neared the fire also, and made a subtle jerk of his body as he rounded it. It was a wonder that he didn’t cling to it’s heat when he wore nothing but a pair of trousers too short for his legs. Yves scratched is chin, observing the night and listening intently. The luminance of the shrinking fire reflected brightly on his pale complexion, inherit of the Breton lineage which he favored, and highlighted his ribs which protruded over a sunken stomach. The man looked sickly and could easily be mistaken as a reanimated dead. “No, apologies, he isn’t a child; certainly not yours. Still, whatever possessed him to make such a rash decision? Something is out there, isn’t there?

Neverwin

Sverr was still giving the only other wood elf in the vicinity a sour look that went unnoticed due to the helmet obscuring his expression. He had found a rock to lean up against, and he had managed to get comfortable. His eyelids were feeling a bit heavy, but he heard the soft, feminine voice next to him and was, of course, unable to resist looking at her. The tension present in the mass of armor seemed to relax a bit.

"Kiera! A fine name for a fine woman," Sverr said, sounding a little cheerful and flirtatious. "I wouldn't worry your pretty head over all of this... nonsense here." He gestured all around him, then gave a shrug. "This spot of trouble is a bit different than what I'm used to, but nothing is too much for me. We'll find this She-Ra person or whatever he calls himself and force him to send us out of this place. It's just that simple. Everything is going to be okay, especially you. I'd be damned if I'd let harm befall a woman in MY company."

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Valdir grabbed a few leaves and spread them on a large rock in an attempt to be comfortable, quite a challenge for the unwelcoming night the isles possess is unnatural to him. This will do. Valdir sat on the rock and gazed upon the horizon, contemplating on the actions they'll take once morning breaks.

The one named Yves expressed his concerns regarding the impulsiveness of Kir to Mourner. Valdir, although fully appreciates death, nods in agreement to the demise Kir may face and to the idea that they all should be wary of themselves. "He has a point, mademoiselle. Confidence alone won't protect him against whatever is lurking in the shadows. Is he not supposed to be the responsible night watch? Leaving some of his equipment is quite irresponsible." Valdir pointed towards Kir's belongings, making an assumption that he left something. "The trust loosely given has scampered back to its provider, like a skeever running back to its hole. Mourner, I trust that you won't do something THAT reckless." Valdir rests his jaw upon his hand and looked towards the direction Kir took. "Someone should go after him, make sure an otherworldy beast is not chewing away on his gullet. I volunteer myself to not do it." The embers of the campfire took his attention more than what may happen to Kir.

Nadir-Natesse

She lifted her head and looked at him, her pink irises aglow with happiness. He was so very accepting and she felt safer already. She smiled and inside, the other Kiera looked up, a coy smile playing in her lips. Karnaak gave her a foul look but it went unnoticed. Somewhere, Olaf was asleep, snoring loudly. Kiera gave him a hard look, but quickly corrected it, lest Sverr think she found his words offensive.

"I am happy to hear that... Why do you think we are really here, though? You don't seem mad, and I most certainly am not... Just because one makes friends with themselves doesn't mean they're mad."

She looked at Sverr in benign curiosity, the peculiarity of her own words lost on her.

Neverwin

Sverr did note the peculiarity of her words, but being a bit thick, he didn't really understand the full implications of it. Making friends with yourself certainly wouldn't mean you were mad. There was probably no better a friend to have than yourself, after all. It would probably be madness if you were enemies with yourself, but friends? Sverr gave Kiera a puzzled look.

"Eh, is this one of them scholar questions or something? Far as I know, I'm here because I know full well odd doorways do not belong in wardrobes." He crossed his arms. "It's unnatural. Somebody had to investigate it, and it might as well have been me." The mass of heavy armor gave a pause. "I've been told there's a fine line between bravery and madness, and people have told me they're not sure which side of the line I'm on. But if being brave means doing mad things, then by Shor, I'm going to do it. Sverr the Short-tempered is no coward!"

Nadir-Natesse

She giggled behind a delicate hand, her armor clinking gently.

"You certainly are brave, Sverr. It'll be great to have a companion such as you..."

She looked around, taking note of the others. The tall one...she didn't like the looks of him; he gave her the jitters and somewhere in her cracked mind she thought he was there for her. He certainly looked the part, or so she thought... He made her unnaturally nervous, and nevermind the fact that he was simply an imposiing person; Kiera just knew he was up to something.

Neverwin

Sverr seemed to lean in a little closer to Kiera. His tone of voice seemed to get a little low, and the usual gruffness disappeared, giving his voice a more natural Bosmer tone. "The honor and pleasure is mine. There is no greater companion than a beautiful woman. Especially on a... lonely night like this." The seductive note was unmistakable. He was more likely than not waggling his eyebrows behind that face-obscuring helmet of his.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Valdir's trance state was cut short as the ember he was watching flew to the direction of the armored bosmer and the female with a mixed heritage. He felt quite a surprise as the two were more focused to each other than the state of their supposed night watch. Valdir grabbed a pebble and threw it at the bosmer's helmet.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did that hit you? Now that I have your attention, it seems the other bosmer is yet to come back from his venture into the wilderness. Would you mind if you look for him?"

Neverwin

Sverr sputtered indignantly when the rock bounced against his helmet with a "PLINK!" He whirled around and looked at Valdir. "I was talking here!" He gave a grumble, then crossed his arms. The mood he was trying to create effectively ruined. "You go after the wood elf killer, if you want. I don't want anything to do with him, if it can be helped. Hmph."

UnLonged

True to the Name
    The armored bosmer threw a fit as the "sensual" experience he is creating with the female was broken by Valdir's actions.

"Well I don't want to go either. I guess the post for night watch is up once again. Do wake me if we are departing." Valdir's fatigue from his travels in Mundus started to kick in; setting a rather large leaf over his face, he decides to retire for the night.

Nadir-Natesse

Olaf didn't like where this was going. This guy was getting way too close to his body. Kiera felt him coming but was so entranced with the male before her she didn't stand a fighting chance against Olaf's strong will. He was about to reply when a small something struck Sverr in his helmet. It was a rock, thrown by the eccentric Imperial. The mouthy warrior let out a gruff laugh, or as gruff a laugh as possible with the voice of an angel.

"Serves you right, you damned fool!"

He stood and shoved a finger in Sverr's helmeted face.

"I don't know what you think you're gettin at, but Olaf Jensenbeans isn't THAT kind of Nord. If you get that close to me again, you'll be minus you head, ya hear?!"

He stormed off, using Kiera's body. However, he had a thought, turned and raised a fist to Sverr.

"And don't let me catch you touching Kiera! She's a good, honest Nord woman and deserves better than a scrawny runt like you! Wherever she is, that is..."

He turned on his heel and tromped off to the other side of camp, and flopped down on the ground, going to sleep.

Kir the Silent

Kir was back in Cracked Tusk Keep, sitting at the table he did whenever he was there for dinner. His family was there...his father, his brother, and his sisters. The all looked to him at the head of the table. "Why didn't you save us Kir....Why did you run..?" Kir tried to say he was only nine, that he was told to run. But his mouth moved without producing sound. "Do you hate us..? You left us to die...horrible slow deaths..." Kir raged trying to scream and tell them it wasn't his fault! Tears poured down his eyes, the memories he had buried for so long killing him. They started to fade and turn to dust before his eyes.

Kir woke up, face down in the dirt. Tears streaming down his face and he didn't know if they would stop. He hadn't cried in so very long...the tears mixed with the blood as he tried to sit up but fell again. After a few moments and intense pain he managed to sit up, leaning against a rock. His wounds still bled and still his tears fell. He heard something coming towards him...