Spoiler End of the Dark Brotherhood Questline? Your opinion?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Didn't necessarily make sense to me...

For Astrid to consistently compliment you on a job well done, to give you her Shadowmere, to treat you with respect and keep you under her wing basically..

*SPOILER* *SPOILER* *SPOILER*

And then she just turns on you and betrays you? Lol it really didn't make sense... Especially since whenever I commented it was always in favor of her leadership, not Sithis and the Night Mother.

It was meh, I just really liked the Sanctuary in Skyrim, really was a fun group to play with.

hammertoes

She was feeling her position of power slipping away. Since there had been no Listener for a while, the DB was getting away from the old ways, and she was calling the shots. When you become listener, it's obvious that she's not happy with what's going on. Her betrayal was a last ditch effort to get rid of you and get back to business as usual.

Spoiler below:
The thing that I didn't like is in both of the faction quest lines that I've done so far (DB and Thieves), the faction leader winds up betraying the guild. IDK about the companions or the college because I haven't done them yet, but you'd think the devs would try to be a bit more original.

Llokin

*SPOILER*
The way I interpreted (sp?) the final conversation with Astrid was that she was being threatened by the Oculatus and that they told her if she gave you, the dragonborn to them then they would leave the sanctuary and the DB alone.
Surely if she wanted to be rid of you she would have done it herself?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
....but you'd think the devs would try to be a bit more original.
Attributing a lack of originality by comparing those different guild questlines based on one similar element requires a fairly shallow analysis. First of all Astrid didn't betray the guild, she betrayed you. She gets double crossed but her intent wasn't to betray the entire guild. Her motives for doing so and her character in general make a strong contrast to Mercer's motive and character and its reflected in the way the guild members feel about the respective characters afterwards. I could go on but suffice to say we can agree to disagree about any comparison of the two questlines as proof of a lack of originality on the part of the developers.

Just didn't feel right to me I guess.

My character really enjoyed serving under Astrid, however, and had unwavering loyalty. It was just irritating knowing that I would be considered family by them, but eventually *SPOILER* betrayed.

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
Yeah, I thought someone else was the traitor and I felt very dissapointed.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I most enjoyed getting the pimply robes whle raiding the ship ^_^
Rofl, I agree with this. I have two pairs of them because if you go into his bedroom there's a pair of the robes on his bed-side table.

I'm not that far yet ^^ can I see pics of said pimply robes?

Necromis

You also have to understand she is an assassin, and you are a tool and a threat. Even with honor among theives you lie to those that you are using so they think you are more to them than you are. Think of our own real worldd, if a spy was honest to everyone he talked to he would never infiltrate and learn things for his country, same thing fo her.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts