• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kuurus

On PC you hit F to name it once the item, enchantment and soul gem have been chosen.. I don't know which button the consoles use, but the option should show up once the 3 components are selected.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
On PC you hit F to name it once the item, enchantment and soul gem have been chosen.. I don't know which button the consoles use, but the option should show up once the 3 components are selected.
Xbox is Y.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
This thread made me realize how terribly unimaginative I've been when naming my enchanted gear. "Daedric Boots of Silence" (muffled movement), "Daedric Boots of Strength" (extra carrying capacity), "Daedric Greatsword of Ice" (need I explain?), Daedric Battleaxe of Fire" (...). I'm almost disappointed in myself, now. :confused: However, I do have one reason why I name all my daedric weapons and armor 'Daedric Something' - simply because they will be easier to locate in the inventory as they'll all be next to each other on the list. I even named some of my jewelry in that spirit, for ex. "Daedric Ring of Blood" (fortify 2-handed damage, though of course there is no such thing as Daedric jewelry, it was a silver ring).

-EDIT- Just read through the previous replies more thoroughly and it seems I'm not the only one naming enchanted gear in this fashion. ;) Same thing with my crafting gear, "Alchemist's Hat", "Alchemist's Amulet" etc etc. Makes them much easier to locate in the inventory!

Red5

Soultaker (Ebony bow with Soul Trap)
Soulripper (Ebony sword with Soul Trap)
Flameshocker (Daedric sword with Fire and Shock damage)

*My armor just has the enchantment bonus as name, to keep them organized in the menu*
I do the same with my "accessories," i.e. "smithin' chain, smithin' ring, smithin gloves, alch chain, aclh ring, alch bracers.

I do have Soulthief, my dagger with soul trap
and Dragonsbreath, my blades sword with flame enchantment

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Thanks folks, is there a way to rename after the enchantment is done?

Rotceh

Nope, not for PS3/XBOX and maybe in PC with the command line.

immigrantsong

Burninator - Daedric Bow w/Flames
Miss Marple - Elven Bow w/Frost
Flamey - Ebony Sword w/Flames

Don't ask about the Miss Marple one. IDEK. I'd give names to more of my stuff but doing it on the Xbox is a huge pain.

stagnant94

Burninator - Daedric Bow w/Flames
Miss Marple - Elven Bow w/Frost
Flamey - Ebony Sword w/Flames

Don't ask about the Miss Marple one. IDEK. I'd give names to more of my stuff but doing it on the Xbox is a huge pain.
please tell me your a led zeppelin fan

chelz0r

Who's got the time to rename an item when you working with a 30 second enchantment potion? :)

I know, I know PC users with their keyboards do...

Kuurus

Who's got the time to rename an item when you working with a 30 second enchantment potion? :)

I know, I know PC users with their keyboards do...
Lol, not even PC users. That's half the reason I don't do anything too complicated. If I don't bother renaming stuff, I might have time to get three items done with 1 potion.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Off the top of my head-
-Boudicca
-Burnblade
-Dovahkiin Sword (don't ask)
-Silver Sword of fl*ffin' Badassery
-Glass Soulbow
-Soulsword
-Stabby McStabbington

And some others I can't remember.

Dual ebony waraxes with shock enchants Thunder and Lightning