• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sedge

Help me here with something. When i learn the enchantment of something, for example: I learn the "fire damage" enchantment. If i learned it in a lower level, the enchanting will be lower. But now that i am in a much higher level, why can i learn the same enchantment, only more powerful? Am i explaining myself ok?

Doomy

As your enchant gets higher so your new enchants will also get more powerful. Existing items do not get more powerful, but you do not need to relearn them

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Sedge

I know that with higher level the enchanting is more powerful. But that's not what i mean. Example: I learn the fire damage for 15 points of health. Now i have an item that has the same enchantment but only for 45 points of health. Do you understand?

Necromis

they are the same enchantment and you won't be learning a more powerful version of it. The game will always have different levels of bonus on items, just like your skills give you different levels of power on the spells when you enchant them. So the 15% skill and the 45% skill, will still just teach you the same core skill. Nothing more powerful. When you get your skill up and/or use potions to enhance your skill, you will create the more powerfull versions of what you learned. So to repeat, same enchantment learned both times, nothing different, ONLY your skill increases the %.

Sedge

The problem is that once i've learned the 15% fire damage enchantment, i can't learn the 45%. The items will be more powerful along with my leveling, but i could never enchant an item (sword) to do 45 point of health damage with fire damage.

Necromis

no the trouble is, you are not understanding that there is nothing different between the 15 and 45% enchanted item. you will NEVER enchant a base 45%. Each enchantment has the same BASE value regardless of you finding a 15% item or a 45% item. if you disenchanted BOTH those items, though you can't, you would have the exact SAME base enchantment. do you understand now by chance? :cool:

Doomy

I don't know how you can learn the spell twice. Once it has been learnt, any items with the same spell should not be available to destroy

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
I don't know how you can learn the spell twice. Once it has been learnt, any items with the same spell should not be available to destroy

If you collect the weapons from the lost legends quest (The ones that look etheral and have stamina enchant on em) and already have an enchant stamina effect in your list of enchants.These weapons will appear as if you dont have that enchantment already disenchanted and will continuosly put the effect on the list.Untill you have disenchanted all the weapons.Happened to me once Not sure if this is a glitch/bug or i did somthing wrong but it happened to me.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you collect the weapons from the lost legends quest (The ones that look etheral and have stamina enchant on em) and already have an enchant stamina effect in your list of enchants.These weapons will appear as if you dont have that enchantment already disenchanted and will continuosly put the effect on the list.Untill you have disenchanted all the weapons.Happened to me once Not sure if this is a glitch/bug or i did somthing wrong but it happened to me.
Those weapons are found in Labyrinthian not any of the locations for the Forbidden Legend quest. It's not a glitch that you can disenchant the Drainheart Sword and Drainspell Bow. Those are unique Absorb enchantments that are different than the generic ones which is why you can disenchant them, and stack them on the same weapon with the generic version (if you have the Extra Effect perk).

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
Those weapons are found in Labyrinthian not any of the locations for the Forbidden Legend quest. It's not a glitch that you can disenchant the Drainheart Sword and Drainspell Bow. Those are unique Absorb enchantments that are different than the generic ones which is why you can disenchant them, and stack them on the same weapon with the generic version (if you have the Extra Effect perk).

Forgive me its been a wial since iv even had a high enuff character to touch that place.Let alone rember where they are found.

Didnt know they where unique enchantments.Good peice of info to know.

Sedge

Wait, wait... For example, i have a ring that adds 20 magika. I learn that enchantment. If after that, i find a ring that adds 50 magika, i can't learn it because i've one similar, however, this one is stronger. It's not the same.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Wait, wait... For example, i have a ring that adds 20 magika. I learn that enchantment. If after that, i find a ring that adds 50 magika, i can't learn it because i've one similar, however, this one is stronger. It's not the same.

It IS the same. What you're inaccurate in comparing is the # given to the bonus. Just because you disenchant an item that has a "50" value, doesn't mean you can enchant an item to "50" again. Your enchantment bonus numbers are generated by perks you've spent in the enchantment tree along with the strength of the soul gem and any fortify potions you may be using at the time.

Again, it DOES NOT MATTER if you disenchant an item that only had a 20 pt bonus as opposed to the 50 pt bonus. The only thing you're losing out on is the gold value of the item by disenchanting a higher valued item effectively destroying it when you could have gotten the same effect off something cheaper.

Necromis

<===slowly beating head against the wall. how many times do we have to say the same thing over and over to make sense? :sadface: o_O :sadface: o_O

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts