• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

javarush214

hey guys i know this might be asked a lot of times already

well, here's my question. right now my enchanting skill is 33, when i try to enchant armors the bonus for one handed or archery is 8% only..

is there anyway to boost it up to let's say 50%? if there isnt what's the highest bonus can i produce with a 100 skill enchant? and a good soul gem?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I think it depends on how good the soul gem is? Is there a perk tree for this? I'm assuming there is. I never really looked. Maybe if you unlock certain perks for it it could also increase the percentage.

javarush214

oh right i forgot the perk tree, yeah there's a skill in the perk tree that improves the skill related enchantments for 25%

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
With max enchanting (with the right points towards improved stats that are in question here) I am able to reach a maximum of +40% to one-handed, or archery, or two-handed (etc). That is without bonus to enchanting pots (which are in the game), and using a grand soul (available in either a grand soul gem or a black soul gem). The quality of the soul gem you're using varies the bonus stats greatly. Even at max enchanting with the relevant perks, petty souls only offer a 1 to 4% bonus to the skill you're trying to increase.

javarush214

ahh thank you so much for that information Deadhand :)

may i ask how you level up your enchanting to 100? coz i really want to enchant my dragon set in the future with 50% one handed and archery bonuses :)

Deadhand

Bought every soul gem I ever saw from every vendor, filled or not. Then spent some time filling several hundred soul gems of all sizes. Then spent time grinding out enchant upgrades on every piece of junk armor I had on me (both from leveling blacksmithing as well as all the equipment and weapons pickpocketed). So basically just having a lot of mats on hand, then straight grinding the levels out. :)

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
Bought every soul gem I ever saw from every vendor, filled or not. Then spent some time filling several hundred soul gems of all sizes. Then spent time grinding out enchant upgrades on every piece of junk armor I had on me (both from leveling blacksmithing as well as all the equipment and weapons pickpocketed). So basically just having a lot of mats on hand, then straight grinding the levels out. :)
exactly what i did my man.

BigBeech

A random question here, do skill enchantments stack? if i have +50 one handed on gloves and boots will that be a total of +100 dmg?

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Enchanting in a nutshell:

Middle Tree of Perks from Enchanting is the only good thing of enchanting on terms of improving stats/magicka/health/stamina/skills.

Enchant's strength is based off the gem you use, (Weakest) Petty - > Lesser -> Common -> Greater -> Grand (Strongest)

Once you get 100 enchanted which can be power leveled easily by getting a buttload of petty gems and using them to enchant Iron Daggers that you make from blacksmithing, and as well disenchanting items that you don't know the magical property of. Grab all of the Middle perks out of enchanting, Use grand soul gems to make serious enchants, ALSO buy Enchanter's Philter / Potions that improve the % of your enchants, you'll see about a TOTAL of 44% for that enchantment that you desire.

Deadhand

A random question here, do skill enchantments stack? if i have +50 one handed on gloves and boots will that be a total of +100 dmg?
Yep. I have 4 of all the +40% to combat skill (1h, 2h, archery) armor sets and the bonus is a total of +160%.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Lordy, reminds of the Enhanced Damage jewels from Diablo II @ post above me.

Propheous

What I did was similar for the buying out every soul base soul gem I could. I all ways make sure I suck every dang soul I encounter. I don't care I just do it. You can take any soul gem and make it into atleast 170-200 gold simply by putting paralysis or health drain on an iron dagger.

That leads me to the second part. I made Iron Daggers. I bought ingots and ore and just made tons of Iron Daggers. I found the Iron Daggers give you the most bang for your buck when it comes to making money as well. Each Iron dagger with a petty soul gem give you between 150-200 gp depending on your Perks and Enchanting level. Needless to say that this is extremely profitable especially on petty soul gems. You can make an Iron Dagger for around 30-50 gp and then buy a Petty Gem for about 50-150gp. At worst with low speech and having to buy ingots, leather, and prefilled gems you should break even.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
What I did was similar for the buying out every soul base soul gem I could. I all ways make sure I suck every dang soul I encounter. I don't care I just do it. You can take any soul gem and make it into atleast 170-200 gold simply by putting paralysis or health drain on an iron dagger.

That leads me to the second part. I made Iron Daggers. I bought ingots and ore and just made tons of Iron Daggers. I found the Iron Daggers give you the most bang for your buck when it comes to making money as well. Each Iron dagger with a petty soul gem give you between 150-200 gp depending on your Perks and Enchanting level. Needless to say that this is extremely profitable especially on petty soul gems. You can make an Iron Dagger for around 30-50 gp and then buy a Petty Gem for about 50-150gp. At worst with low speech and having to buy ingots, leather, and prefilled gems you should break even.

That's how you do it as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts