Enchanted Weapon / Armor Names?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rumor

So, just curious - what are some of the names you've given to your enchanted items? Despite a decent vocabulary, creativity in naming eludes me. The names I've given things are practical & straight forward. "Scaled Armor with Health Bonus". Lame, I know. The "best" I've done as for creativity - "Lydia's Fire & Ice Ebony War Axe" (dual enchanted with fire & frost damage). I know some of you probably have nifty names, seen a few - would love to see more if you are inclined to share. May be I'll find some inspiration...

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
My enchanted dragon-bone blade is called Wit of Julianos.

The Divine of wisdom, logic, knowledge and contradictions would be pleased to know that even with the infinite mysteries of the arcane open to me...At times, I simply gore my enemies with a shard of bone, no matter how polished.

My two handed dragon bone greatsword is called The Sardonic Barb. It absorbs magika and does 40 magic damage. My old Skyforge Steel blade was called Cold Hard Facts, frost damage and drain magika.

Bretons are not known as being overly reverent or observant of the divines, but we do enjoy irony.

StellaLuna

I love giving them names. Its fun @-) Most blacksmiths in my game have such fancy names for weapons now. Haha.

I named my Fiery Soul Trap-enchanted bow Midnight Sun. I plan to name my two Daedric Daggers "The Sleeper" and "The Dreamer" (once I've leveled up my alchemy so I can max the stats :p). I borrowed them from WoW. Well, maybe. I can't decide. I wrote down so many names. Kingsbane, [adjective]blade, Windowmaker... To name a few. I also really like simple, one-word names like Anarchy, Deception, Rogue. Idk, it works for me @-)

Konvoy

I gave my Orc warrior's two-handed sword the name "Massacres' Edge" I think it's pretty cool :p I still need a good name for my ranger's bow, I named one of them "Soulstealer" which isn't that clever, but I obviously use it for soul gems.

Zigfried

A lot of my item names come from other games or from my old D&D days some examples...

Ring of Warmth
Glamdring
Soul Reaver
Alduin's Bane
Einlanzer
Ehrgiz
circlet of Eagle Eyes
Flame Bringer
Deadra's Fury
Grounding Boots
Duelist's Armor
Screaming Bow
Hammer of Thunderbolts

sometimes I name items after the character creating them like...

Jed's Glass Armor
Zigfried's Wall
Jedarius' Hammer

Kymothoe

Κυμοθοη
Good thread idea! My names always end up pretty ridiculous, haha. Or something from a song. I get impatient and just throw something down. Here are some that I remember:

Shooting Star Fire Power (song by Gardens & Villa): Elven Bow enchanted to burn the victim when the moon is out.

Svefn-g-englar (song by Sigur Ros): Glass War Ax with stamina drain enchantment.

Burn, bitch! (just random...): Glass War Ax with fire enchantment.

Steel Mace, Outta Mah Face (random): Steel Mace with fear enchantment.

Orcish Bow of FeaaaAAAHHHH!!! (random): Orcish Bow with fear enchantment.

Liquid Swords (Wu-tang album): Elven Greatsword with stamina drain enchantment.

Protect Ya Neck (Wu-tang song): Hide Helmet with... I think a restoration enchantment?

I'll try to remember more... I have fun with it :) haha

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
I seriously called one "Orcish war axe of shocky trapping".......dare you to guess what it does :cool:.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Forsworn bow with firey soul trap: Satans cigarette lighter
Blades sword with absorb health: blood lust
Ebony sword with Turn undead: Zombie Hunter

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Forsworn bow with firey soul trap: Satans cigarette lighter
1309300880715.jpg

ShadowGambit

Elven Dagger with Soul trap and Frost damage: BrainFreezer
Elven Bow with Absorb Magicka and Absorb Stamina: "GiveItToMeBaby"

TexInOrd

My orcs name is Magondo. His daedric battle axe with fire damage and soul trap is 'Magondric Axe of Eternal Flame'.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Press Triangle while enchanting. (PS3) it's down there at the bottom though if you're on a different system.

Glass War Axe with Silent Moons Enchantment named Lunacy.
Glass Warhammer with Fiery Soul trap named Strife
Ebony war axe with Shock damage and Soul trap named Rift.

Gowsh

Old Fart
My last character, a straightforward Nord basher who exclusively wielded greatswords, gave his weapons rather prosaic names like Lifeswallower and Soulskinner.

The current representative is a businesslike dual wielder, so I'm thinking of naming the swords (daggers?) Frik and Frak, if I ever back up the 100 Enchanting score with some actual perks. :oops:

Aquillus

I didn't read all these posts so forgive me if someone else has done this as well, but I had an ebony bow with frost damage and the "make creature flee" enchantment or whatever and I named it "Frostfright" :p

Aquillus

Also, I haven't tried it yet, and I'm not sure if it will fit, but I've been meaning to make boots with fortify sneak called "Boots of the Spanish Inquisition" or "Spanish Inquisition Boots". Whichever one would more likely fit. I'm saving it for my next sneaky character.

osheao

due to the inexplicable fact that bethsoft decided to end this invaluable choice in their games i never name anything anymore.

it's too much of a reminder of the absurd decision to get rid of personal naming for certain aspects of my rpg.

streamlined accessibility. right.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
"The Crag-Jumper" - Anneke's Legendary Ebony War Axe - Paralysis + Fire Damage

REALLY sucked when I accidentally attacked her and she kept me paralyzed until she hacked me to death. :Dovahkiin: