• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Being an evil sorcerer, I often find myself wishing that my elemental magic was more... relevant in the fantasy world it exists in. If you've read any of the destruction threads, you'll find a lot of us scratching our heads about how to make up for the lack of damage we put out.

Lighting up oil-slicks in various underground places is definitely a delight for me, but I often wonder, "where the hell did this oil come from?" Are these bandits also oil-smugglers, and they had a little accident about an hour before I got here? If that's the case, the bandit chief needs to wake up and show a little leadership. No one wants to take the initiative and clean it up? What if it catches fire? Oh hey, it just did. Look at that, we're all burning to death. Maybe they used highly-flammable oil in ancient Nordic burial ceremonies, embalming folks with lighter-fluid (and the containers they used were NOT spill-proof by any means--lids are for those fancy elves!)

Water in a cave wouldn't trigger any skepticism, I don't think. Where did this water come from? Oh yeah, we're on a mission inside of a glacier-cave. Well watch me shock that water stream so can I slay them baddies! Hell yeah, I'll sign your petition, Haru17.

ice spells should freeze it too

Oh, that would be absolutely awesome. I feel like we missed the boat on this kind of ingenuity, because the College of Winterhold quests have already been laid. Imagine a DLC involving the Synod wherein you're expected to freeze channels of water to progress through a dungeon! Oh, it breaks my heart a little. And if ice mages could freeze water, what if fire mages could evaporate it? The dwarven mechs have a steam attack, could we just color-swap that and... y'know maybe that's too much. There would be a sauna mage riot on these forums, I know it.

Size does matter in this particular situation, but for the charge to be lethal, it would still require a great deal of energy.

Then what if casting it at the water does nothing, but shock spells could instead trigger some kind damage multiplier when casting it at wet opponents? I propose that the realism camp would be satisfied, and we mages would dual-wield Lightning Bolt with a squirt gun.

Smarty

Then what if casting it at the water does nothing, but shock spells could instead trigger some kind damage multiplier when casting it at wet opponents? I propose that the realism camp would be satisfied, and we mages would dual-wield Lightning Bolt with a squirt gun.

I doubt it would satisfy them, since if you dual wield lightning, what are going to use to hold the squirt gun? ;) lol

If you find destruction to be underpowered, I recommend this mod.
Warlocks for the win.

Neriad13

Premium Member
So basically add a bit of Bioshock in Skyrim with the effects of the Plasmids.

Man, I had the craziest combination of water and shock based tonics in Bioshock 2. I had one which made me nearly immune to electricity, another which healed me so long as I was standing in water and another that boosted my electrical output. Thus, I healed at exactly the same rate that I shocked myself and anything that dared breech my pool of electrified water died pretty fast. There was this one beautifully-placed Angel that I found in a half-submerged lab when I had a Little Sister with me. It was the best Gather I'd ever done in my life.

Anyway, it would be so cool if one could simply do more with the elements and be a truly elemental mage in more creative ways like that.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I think that frost magic freezing water would be great; think ice arrows from LoZ.
As far as fire creating steam from water I think this would be a great aesthetic effect because, as it is currently, flames and fire bolts go down into the water, a clipping that is highly nonsensical. Flames stopping at the surface with a steam effect would be way cool.