Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Cole2999

I think that, though logically they should make a game for each separate location, that would take another 12+ years until they get the full Tamriel in there. That is too long; this is not coming from the standpoint of an impatient fan, but rather someone looking at the facts. At the rate the gaming industry is progressing, they can't keep putting out new games which only have a change in scenery and story. Bethesda would not live to finish each individual location, as they would become less and less popular. Plus, Skyrim was damn near perfect, with some bugs scattered throughout it. The next TES needs to be set in Tamriel.

Now, from a gamer's personal perspective, I'd like to see all of Tamriel due to the fact that I loved Oblivion's setting (Cyrodiil, grassy knolls with a bright sky, massive green countryside) but I loathed its graphics. Skyrim was too gloomy and cold for me (ironic, as my favorite race is Nord :3), but had breath-taking graphics. And, maybe I get sick of roaming the hills of Cyrodiil, and feel like adventuring the vines and trees of Elsweyr's jungles, or going mountain-climbing in Skyrim's mountains. And if they do make TES VI: Tamriel, then it should also have dynamic start locations, with storylines that vary (only slightly) among the different races.

And don't bother arguing about the tech specs required to run Tamriel, as TES VI is likely to be released on the Xbox 720 (if PS4's hardware can't handle it, I couldn't care less, though it seems it will easily be able to), which is supposed to create competition for some (some) gaming computers.

I just hope they don't rush to put out TES VI like they did with Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC. My god, that DLC didn't seem like it was ever bug tested one bit.They just wanted cash fast, and since there weren't too many game-breaking bugs (though I've found roughly 10...) people wouldn't mind it.

Or they could set it in 21st Century North Korea. That should be fun.

Cole2999

There was an Elder Scrolls game that took place in all of Tamriel. But TES: Arena was way too big in my opinion. I never played the game since I wasn't even born back then, but I've read that the game wasn't playable due to the massive distances between locations. I also heard there wasn't that much variation in the environment.

But once again I never played that game.. Maybe it was very good. I don't know :)

This is somewhat untrue. TES I: Arena was set in the entirety of Tamriel, correct. But, the distance between locatins was as short as you wished it; the only possible way to go from, per say, Whiterun to the Imperial Palace was by fast traveling. By going into the wild you were going into an infinite land of possibilities (not to sound corny, but it's true xD). It was randomly generating the wilderness around you. That explains the little variation, as a random generator in '96 was not capable of a tenth of what it is now, and it also explains the long (infinite) distances. As for it coming out before you were born, I was born in '97. I downloaded it and Daggerfall for free from the Elder Scrolls website.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Arena was mostly randomly computer generated and although it is very possible that new consoles could handle a huge hand made land the size of Tamriel, that is not the problem.
The problem is that the reason Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim became successful was they were delicately hand made and not randomly made, but to do this of course takes a lot of time. We must not forget that it takes Bethesda about five years to make a new elder scrolls game. I'm not sure I can imagine how long it would take to make all of Tamriel in all its glory the same way they did with Skryim not even taking into consideration the fact that the bugs would simply multiply horrendously.
For them to do all of Tamriel they would have to take at least 15 years which is much too long for us to wait for or the cities and villages would be filled with a lot less stuff to do and end up with a kinda crappy game. This is why I think Bethesda will continue to make the games by individual or some combination of provinces and not all of Tamriel.

Rodrrrigo

Khajiit shadow walker
the ps4 is comming out soon too so if they make it for PS4 i bet it can handle whole tamriel, but if not, maybe 2 or 3 provinces. i just hope the story is as good as the dovahkiin's. that's a story i will never forget <3

Cole2999

Arena was mostly randomly computer generated and although it is very possible that new consoles could handle a huge hand made land the size of Tamriel, that is not the problem.
The problem is that the reason Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim became successful was they were delicately hand made and not randomly made, but to do this of course takes a lot of time. We must not forget that it takes Bethesda about five years to make a new elder scrolls game. I'm not sure I can imagine how long it would take to make all of Tamriel in all its glory the same way they did with Skryim not even taking into consideration the fact that the bugs would simply multiply horrendously.
For them to do all of Tamriel they would have to take at least 15 years which is much too long for us to wait for or the cities and villages would be filled with a lot less stuff to do and end up with a kinda crappy game. This is why I think Bethesda will continue to make the games by individual or some combination of provinces and not all of Tamriel.
I see your point...
In such a case, I suspect they will be making TES VI be TES VI: Elsweyr. Following that, however, I'm honestly thinking they will try to create a Tamriel. They could pull the (basic) setting from Skyrim, Morrowind, Elsweyr (based on my assumption, ofc), and Cyrodiil, and then create the rest. If you hadn't noticed, they have been hiring a lot more people into the TES team. This makes me think they will put some people on "refining" the Morrowind and Oblivion game setting, connecting them with Skyrim, and creating dynamic (hopefully dynamic, otherwise it'd get boring) items and situations, radiant quests, and other things. I stand to it, however, that there will be a "Tamriel" game in the semi-near future. Maybe they'll do that for TES X? Something special for the 10th game?
Geographically, They should release a Valenwood-Elsweyr game, Blackmarsh game, and a Hammerfell game. High Rock has already been in a game, and Summerset Isles would be an inconvenient game to make, based on it's geographic location to the rest of Tamriel, not to mention its tiny stature. It would have to be released as a mini-game (TES VIII.V?;)). And, as I previously stated, as they create more locations, they can simultaneously connect them to the existing games.

Anyways, thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't thought of it that way.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
@Above post : Only half of High Rock and some parts of Hammerfell were present in the 2nd Elder Scrolls game , though I see your point.

Rasul

I would like for TES 6 to take place in Valenwood. I mean, the description of it sounds rather interesting:

A sea of endless green, a maze of foliage with half-hidden cities growing like blooms from a flower, the home of the Bosmer is Tamriel's garden. Along the province's northern border with Cyrodiil are highland plateaus with hundreds-foot tall trees, overlooking the swamp lowlands leading southwest to Falinesti. One unusual feature of Valenwood is its gigantic, migratory trees that can contain entire cities. Falinesti in particular is a mile-high tree holding an entire city in its branches that was described in A Dance in Fire. Falinesti used to migrate south in the winter, but it has recently stopped walking for unknown reasons.

I'm all for that densely forested, sub-tropical province.

And I don't think it's too small. If you look at the map of Tamriel, Valenwood is about the same size as Vvardenfell, and according to UESPwiki, the province has at least 9 cities. And they could always combine it with Elsweyr. Actually, I don't think there ever would be a game set only in Elsweyr: casual gamers wouldn't like it.

Pope On A 12ope

I know it's too early to think ahead, but I'm just curious and I'm sure many others are, too. Where do you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? Will you be able to travel through all of Tamriel? Or perhaps it might be set in Cyrodil, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Eslweyr. Personally, I think as the game will be on the future generation consoles, they'll be able to be much more flexible. I believe that you will get to be at a different province which depends on the races you choose. This could make the game and replay value huge! Who knows.

Feel free to vote in the poll.
I feel like Bethesda owe it to the Khajit to make a game in Elsweyer. Skyrim kind of ruined going a Khajit for me as I thought it was unfair that you were the only Khajit allowed in the city. Other than that though I wouldn't seeing Valenwood or Black Marsh either to be honest. Or seeing as it will defo be on the next gen of consoles maybe even Cyrodill again just to see what they can do with the Imperial City.

It better be in Black Marsh. Hammerfell is also possible but if the redguard dlc is real then I doubt they'd make a full game set there yet. I think Black Marsh because it could be set at the start of Argonian expansionism and you were captured during a raid but escape into black marsh and you either join a rebel group of former legion soldiers to overthrow the an xileel or join the an xileel to support the new argonian empire and help the argonians exact revenge for all the suffering they've been through over the years. since the central part of it is pretty hostile to foreigners it could add a sense of survival and make you take risks to make it through and the hard to navigate terrain could add more problem solving to find the quickest and safest route through the marsh and make looting more rewarding when you've spent ages battling the strange mosnters of the marsh and finding your way to a treasure chest or lost caravan full of rare goods that are much harder to get without exploring and salvaging what you find to make high risk high reward situations. Also the lore is untouched and perfect to uncover as it would help move tamrielic lore as a whole on even further. There's also many hidden ruins and lost cities of past civilisations to discover which would make way more interesting dungeons than draugr after draugr barrows that look alike and have no real variation. Lastly because of the next gen consoles (which still aren't powerful enough to hold all of tamriel) dlc's would be much larger and the potential to have a new province to explore in dlc form is much greater than now. Also a return of the shadowscales would be very exciting!

I know it's too early to think ahead, but I'm just curious and I'm sure many others are, too. Where do you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? Will you be able to travel through all of Tamriel? Or perhaps it might be set in Cyrodil, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Eslweyr. Personally, I think as the game will be on the future generation consoles, they'll be able to be much more flexible. I believe that you will get to be at a different province which depends on the races you choose. This could make the game and replay value huge! Who knows.

Feel free to vote in the poll.

Because the story of Skyrim heavily involved the Thalmor, it would be in Summerset Isle if not in all of Tamriel(which I find unlikely, even on next gen consoles that's a HUGE objective, and even if they did do it the provinces might not be big enough). Or it would be in Summerset Isle and Cyrodiil due to it being set at the time period of the second Great War? Or maybe in Valenwood, Black Marsh, Hammerfell, Morrowind, etc in the Bosmer, Argonian, Redguard, or Dunmer rebellion against the Empire(like the Stormcloaks in Skyrim). I personally hope it's either the second great war or in Valenwood, because the Bosmer are one of my favorite Elder Scrolls races, also are the Imperials.

It probably won't be set in Black Marsh or Elseweyr, that would be risky because only a minority of fans like the argonians and khajiit.

Because the story of Skyrim heavily involved the Thalmor, it would be in Summerset Isle if not in all of Tamriel(which I find unlikely, even on next gen consoles that's a HUGE objective, and even if they did do it the provinces might not be big enough). Or it would be in Summerset Isle and Cyrodiil due to it being set at the time period of the second Great War? Or maybe in Valenwood, Black Marsh, Hammerfell, Morrowind, etc in the Bosmer, Argonian, Redguard, or Dunmer rebellion against the Empire(like the Stormcloaks in Skyrim). I personally hope it's either the second great war or in Valenwood, because the Bosmer are one of my favorite Elder Scrolls races, also are the Imperials.

Wait, Valenwood was taken over by the Thalmor again in the Great War, so it would be Bosmer rebelling against Thalmor not Empire.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
It probably won't be set in Black Marsh or Elseweyr, that would be risky because only a minority of fans like the argonians and khajiit.
I think they will eventually have to venture off into a beast land, but that's why I think they would do Elseweyr and Valenwood so that way you can attract the hardcore fans that like the beast races and other players who like the game to be more human and you can attract the people who like amazing graphical cool stuff with the HUGE MIGRATORY TREES!!!
Everyone Wins :)

Valenwood is part of the dominion, argonia is independent, Hammerfell is independent and most of morrowind is controlled by the argonians and the rest is independent so there's no empire to rebel against.

Catwoman

Notorious Cat Burglar
I rally want it to be Elsweyr. All this talk of ''Warm Sands'' sounds great, and It'd be cool to see how the kitties act in their homeland rather than confined to the caravans.

Rasul

I think they will eventually have to venture off into a beast land, but that's why I think they would do Elseweyr and Valenwood so that way you can attract the hardcore fans that like the beast races and other players who like the game to be more human and you can attract the people who like amazing graphical cool stuff with the HUGE MIGRATORY TREES!!!
Everyone Wins :)

The fact that the migratory trees apparently stopped walking in the 4th era and rooted themselves for the first time in recorded history might mean that they're doing Valenwood. I think the timing is a bit suspicious. They might not be able to do the walking trees due to technical limitations, and that is why they rooted them.

The fact that the migratory trees apparently stopped walking in the 4th era and rooted themselves for the first time in recorded history might mean that they're doing Valenwood. I think the timing is a bit suspicious. They might not be able to do the walking trees due to technical limitations, and that is why they rooted them.
Well the argonians have a new leaders called the an xileel and they invaded morrowind so I think it might be in black marsh because of all the political change.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Well the argonians have a new leaders called the an xileel and they invaded morrowind so I think it might be in black marsh because of all the political change.
I wish they would do Black Marsh, but I think they just put that story forward so they could have a larger Dunmer influence in Skyrim and in Solthesium. Also it takes them out of the mix with the Empire and Dominion, so people aren't wondering what is up with the Argonians and also with the Argonians the Empire might have been a lot more successful in the Great War.
However I would love to travel to the Black Marsh and mainland Morrowind and find out more about the Argonians and the Hist trees and also have different factions you can join that are out of the ordinary.