Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

ness91

Dovah do faal Brom
I'd like to point out these things

A. It is an mmo

B. It is called The Elder Scrolls VI Online

C. It is coming out sometime this year

D. it takes place in all of Tamriel and presumably Akivir and Summerset isles aswel

E. There are 3 allegiances The Ebonheart Pack with Nords, Orsimer and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, Aldmeri dominion with Altmer, Dunnmer and Bosmer and The Dagerfall Covenant with all other races

Wow you're completely wrong on your info. Elder Scrolls Online is not call Elder Scrolls VI Online. It's not part of the main series. Its a spin-off and Bethesda have stated that. It takes place in 2E 583. That's about 1000 years apart from Skyrim. There is four Allegiances, Ebonheart Pact which are the Nords, Argonians and Dunmer; Aldmeri Dominion which are made up of Altmer, Bosmer, Khajiits; the Daggerfall Covenant which are the Bretons, Orcs, and Redguards and an unplayable faction which consist of only the Imperials, making them an unplayable race. Summerset Isles is part of Tamriel which mean you CAN visit it. Akivir will NOT be visited in the game.

Please learn your information before you type wrong information.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Seeing how far the war is going , my guess is that the next province will be Summerset Isles (I hope the world will be big there :/) , but I would love to see Elsweyr or Hammerfell or Valenwood or probably the entire Tamriel :p.

OckhamsFolly

Wow you're completely wrong on your info. Elder Scrolls Online is not call Elder Scrolls VI Online. It's not part of the main series. Its a spin-off and Bethesda have stated that. It takes place in 2E 583. That's about 1000 years apart from Skyrim. There is four Allegiances, Ebonheart Pact which are the Nords, Argonians and Dunmer; Aldmeri Dominion which are made up of Altmer, Bosmer, Khajiits; the Daggerfall Covenant which are the Bretons, Orcs, and Redguards and an unplayable faction which consist of only the Imperials, making them an unplayable race. Summerset Isles is part of Tamriel which mean you CAN visit it. Akivir will NOT be visited in the game.

Please learn your information before you type wrong information.

Wait, it takes place in the second era? But everyone hated orcs in the second era. Thought they were savages still. It wasn't until Orsinium was reformed near the end of the third era that they gained political significance.

ness91

Dovah do faal Brom

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Wait, it takes place in the second era? But everyone hated orcs in the second era. Thought they were savages still. It wasn't until Orsinium was reformed near the end of the third era that they gained political significance.

The Elder Scrolls Online Wiki states that the Bretons have made a pact with the Orcs for their help in the war , and in return the Orcs will get their freedom back.

doc108

Is TESO only gonna be PC. I'm assuming it will be because I do not think anyone has made a successful MMO for consoles.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I hope it'll not only be for PC , I want to see a successful MMO for consoles. Although I doubt they'll be better than the PC version (If it releases on the console).

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
The Elder Scrolls Online is an MMO on the PC, ergo "Online."

I simply said it because people were saying they wanted Co-op added to the Elder Scrolls games, which wouldn't work, which is why Bethesda is coming out with an MMO.

ness91

Dovah do faal Brom
Is TESO only gonna be PC. I'm assuming it will be because I do not think anyone has made a successful MMO for consoles.
Yeah, its only for PC. And there's a successful console MMO for the PS3 only (DCUO).

I don't know about "where"... but i think it'd be pretty cool to go waaaaay back in time, when the Dwemer were still around. Maybe let me play through the "end" of Dwemer culture?

^This! Ever since Morrowind I've been mesmerized by the Dwemer and their structures and machines. I'd love to see what happened to them, and maybe even see when the Snow Elves were around before they were saved from extinction by the Dwarves for the price of being blind. Before they became Falmer.

Skyslave

Elsweyr. I'm already talking to my friends saying that 'I can't wait for Elsweyr' or 'Elsweyr is gonna be epic!' Which hopefully it is. If it even is in Elsweyr. I already have it in my head that the The Elder Scrolls IV will be in Elsweyr!

Brantley

I'd Love to See it Throughout all of Tamriel, But I doubt that could happen so, Summerset Isles So I can murder all the high elves I please :3

Adonans

I would like the game to be set in all of Tamriel, and I mean ALL of it. Allowing you to explore places we've never seen in the elder scrolls, and return to some favorites. But it would have to be all of Tamriel, including Yokuda, Summerset Isles, Shivering Isles, Telvanni Isles, Solstheim, Atmora, Akavir, and the main landmass of Tamriel. In the elder scrolls arena, you were confined to the mainland of Tamriel. In Daggerfall, you could only explore portions of High Rock and Hammerfell, and in these first two elder scrolls games, the landscape was generated randomly. Plus, the elder scrolls is about doing what you want and going where you want right? Well what if we want to go explore the other provinces? This aspect I started thinking about when I first started playing Morrowind, but really started thinking about it with Skyrim. But what if the elder scrolls 6 had multiplayer? And I'm not talking about split screen, I mean online multiplayer, where you could go explore a cave with a few friends, or assault a bandit fort, or a giant camp. Think about that, then take it to the next level. Imagine playing with a large group of people and attacking a major city. Now massive multiplayer online would ruin it, so it should be party based, allowing you to choose who is sharing your world, so there isn't millions of other people running around. That's what the elder scrolls online is for, and that will eventually fail, because its the attempt at making the elder scrolls into an MMO. The elder scrolls needs to go in more of a DnD direction, keeping the open world gameplay, and adding the ability to play with friends, rather than a WoW direction, playing a class based massive multiplayer online game. Think about the bounty system and apply it here. Say you have bounty in every hold in Cyrodiil, so you become wanted in the entire province. So, you either go to jail, or simply take a walk north up to Skyrim, or West over to Hammerfell. Plus, if it were to take place in all of Tamriel, the story lines would be phenomenal. For instance, say you pick up a quest in High Rock, that requires you to gather pieces of something that are scattered across the other provinces. You could continue with the war of the Altemeri Dominion, the Dwemer could return to Tamriel to wage war against the empire, the possibilities would be absolutely incredible.

Max the Daedric

Proud member of PAHAAA & Daedra worshipper
I would like the game to be set in all of Tamriel, and I mean ALL of it. Allowing you to explore places we've never seen in the elder scrolls, and return to some favorites. But it would have to be all of Tamriel, including Yokuda, Summerset Isles, Shivering Isles, Telvanni Isles, Solstheim, Atmora, Akavir, and the main landmass of Tamriel. In the elder scrolls arena, you were confined to the mainland of Tamriel. In Daggerfall, you could only explore portions of High Rock and Hammerfell, and in these first two elder scrolls games, the landscape was generated randomly. Plus, the elder scrolls is about doing what you want and going where you want right? Well what if we want to go explore the other provinces? This aspect I started thinking about when I first started playing Morrowind, but really started thinking about it with Skyrim. But what if the elder scrolls 6 had multiplayer? And I'm not talking about split screen, I mean online multiplayer, where you could go explore a cave with a few friends, or assault a bandit fort, or a giant camp. Think about that, then take it to the next level. Imagine playing with a large group of people and attacking a major city. Now massive multiplayer online would ruin it, so it should be party based, allowing you to choose who is sharing your world, so there isn't millions of other people running around. That's what the elder scrolls online is for, and that will eventually fail, because its the attempt at making the elder scrolls into an MMO. The elder scrolls needs to go in more of a DnD direction, keeping the open world gameplay, and adding the ability to play with friends, rather than a WoW direction, playing a class based massive multiplayer online game. Think about the bounty system and apply it here. Say you have bounty in every hold in Cyrodiil, so you become wanted in the entire province. So, you either go to jail, or simply take a walk north up to Skyrim, or West over to Hammerfell. Plus, if it were to take place in all of Tamriel, the story lines would be phenomenal. For instance, say you pick up a quest in High Rock, that requires you to gather pieces of something that are scattered across the other provinces.You could continue with the war of the Altemeri Dominion, the Dwemer could return to Tamriel to wage war against the empire, the possibilities would be absolutely incredible.
Those two ideas would be AWESOME! Since I absolutely HATE the Aldmeri Dominion, I would definitely love to kill the elves. >:D Also, the Dwemer are awesome, with their machines and apparent EPIC KNOWLEDGE!

Adonans

Thinking about it a little more, Atmora and Akavir would be a huge chore the create, but the main landmass of Tamriel, Summerset Isles, and Yokudo would be sufficient. Another cool aspect I started playing around with was province specific quests. For example, every province has statues of the deadric princes where you start that prince's quest right? Well, if every province has the statues of the sixteen princes, multiply that by the number of provinces, and thats 144 deadric quests, just deadra. Now add the quests for the dark brotherhood for every province, and every mages guild, and every thieves guild and so on. With that in mind, you could wipe the dark brotherhood from the face of Tamriel, or unite them under your banner with their army of assassins at your back. Then add all the thieves guilds, all the mages guilds, all the fighters guilds, all following your lead. Then think about the civil war from Skyrim. Whichever side you choose to aid, you can take the fight beyond the borders of Skyrim. Say you ally with the Stormcloaks, once you've eliminated all imperial presence in the starting province (Skyrim) you can take your army Hammerfell to free it of Imperial tyranny, then the High Rock and so on and so forth, eliminating the empire and gathering your forces in the outer provinces, before the ultimate liberation of Cyrodiil and the Imperial City. The same would apply if you were to join the Legion. Start off crushing the Stormcloaks in Cyrodiil, eliminate the other Stormcloaks trying to conquer the other provinces, and eventually the inevitable conquering of Skyrim and Windhelm. Whichever side you choose, your army will be necessary for stopping the threat of my idea for the main story line, the return of the Dwemer. You have an army of thousands at your command, and all will be needed to stop the Dwemer threat. It would also be interesting you could play as the Dwemer as well, choosing to either aid them in the conquest of Tamriel, or fight against them. Aiding the Dwemer should also be a possibility. Say you don't gather an army to fight the Dwemer and you join their cause. Well, instead of rallying all the guilds and armies, you simply annihilate them instead.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Either Valenwood, or all of Tamriel. I find the later opinion to be most likely impossible, so I'd like to see an elven land (particularly Valenwood) covered or maybe the Khajit land covered.