Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Kaine777999

If I remember rightly, in Oblivion (TES4) there were a large number of references to Skyrim, and the most common reference I have seen in TESV is one to Elswheyr. Since Black Marsh is close it could be a combo but that is a guess added to a hypothesis.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
If I remember rightly, in Oblivion (TES4) there were a large number of references to Skyrim, and the most common reference I have seen in TESV is one to Elswheyr. Since Black Marsh is close it could be a combo but that is a guess added to a hypothesis.
But Elsweyr does not share a border with Black Marsh, so if there was a combo of two provinces including Elsweyr it would more likely be Elsweyr and Valenwood especially because the Bosmer and the Khajiits supposedly have the same ancestors and are connected in lore.

mast3rlinkx

Yeah, I did notice that Elsweyr was referenced fairly frequently, mostly by Khajiit caravans. I got a feeling it's the next location, and I got no problem with that. I'd love to see where the Khajiit come from! The Khajiit are my second-favorite race, next to Nord, after all. And we've already seen their homeland.

Kaine777999

But Elsweyr does not share a border with Black Marsh, so if there was a combo of two provinces including Elsweyr it would more likely be Elsweyr and Valenwood especially because the Bosmer and the Khajiits supposedly have the same ancestors and are connected in lore.

Whoops my bad, I was under the impression that they shared a border. But it would be interesting due to the rivalry of the two native species. I was rather hoping that Elsweyr was going to be an expansion but judging from what they released first, I gave up on that.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
It will occur in all of Tamriel, unless you play on PS3, in which case it will take place in an empty pasture of Khajiit turds.
I will say this again. Doing ALL of Tamriel will take at least 15 years to perfect it like Skyrim, seeing as Skyrim by itself took 5 years.

Baan Dar

This is a theory:

The next elder scrolls game will be on the next generation of gaming systems. However, the whole of Tamriel is out of the question. Playing on the theme of the "calm between storms" posed by a certain thalmor agent, I believe that the next elder scrolls game will take place 200-300 years after skyrim. Long enough for drastic change, but short enough for (at least elves, who live for centuries) people to remember. The title will be Elder Scrolls VI: Dominion, and it will take place in the three provinces owned by the Aldmeri Dominion, Summerset Isle, Valenwood, and Elsweyr.I will now explain a fictitious back-story:

The planes of oblivion, annihilated. Gods are being slaughtered, and most of the Princes are thought to have suffered the same fate. The elder Dragon, Akatosh, believes that his beloved mortal realm may be next, and so chooses four gods: Vaermina, the mad divine; Meridia, the prince of cleansing light; Baan Dar, the Khajiit pariah; and his own aspect, Martin Septim, to the mortal realm. He gives them his final task: appoint new gods, and use them to save the world from this mysterious threat. But this ancient threat from beyond Oblivion has plans of its own. At random, they chose a mortal, and in that mortal, they instilled a dormant power, one that would aid them in overthrowing the gods and draining the life from the mortal realm. Unfortunately, this random mortal is on his/her way to the chopping block, aboard a flying Aldmeri prison ship.

Aright, so now I'll explain a few things: You are the one chosen by the unnamed threat, you are on a flying prison fortress/ship/thingy used to transport criminals from one place to another, and you are going to be executed when you arrive wherever you are supposed to be. The fortress is a foreshadowing of what will be many "technological" (far more magical) advancements innovated by the Psiijic Order (because, lets face it, who else but the mildly insane hyper magical elf monks would cause an industrial/magicka revolution). Ye there are firearms, but they are EXTREMELY basic, and would probably have a very dwemer-esque ascetic to them. The combat would also probably be more like Oblivion and Morrowind combat, although with many more "action" mechanics, such as a role, perhaps even moves for individual weapons. I even thought of a gimmicky shout mechanic, which I will explain along with how you get out of prison: The gods don't know what you are, but they think you can help them because they see that you have mighty dormant power, so they decide to "beta test" you. Martin Septim bestows upon you his Mark, which will be a game mechanic, not a power or spell, that allows you to do time or dragon related things (of course it'll start off weak, and NO TIME TRAVEL) You'll use his mark to blow up to melt the very flimsy (prob apprentice) lock,however to no avail. Then some khajiit (a key character) will break you and a very inner city type high elf (also key char) out. You'll receive more marks from the other three throughout the game, all of which will have skill trees that allow you to strengthen them. And definitely the good ol' skills will come back, grouped into stealth, magic and combat. Another thing that I think should make a comeback are the attributes (Strength, Willpower, etc.) because they offered another very well thought-out level of depth to character customization.

Please tell me your thoughts.

Edit: I also think that it would be nice if your character should be voiced, with at least two voice options per gender per race archetype. Race archetypes being Humans, Elves, Khajiit, and Argonians. Nords would probably have there own voices, while elves would each share one and get one to themselves. Argonians and Khajiit would each have their own voice options, because they sound distinctly different.

mast3rlinkx

I do like it, but the Attributes system is horribly clunky. I doubt it'll come back. The system in Skyrim is much smoother, and I like it's combat mechanics a lot more than those of Morrowind and Oblivion. Although, I'm not sure about the marks system. I'd say Shouts should make a return, but that would really only work in Skyrim due to the Nord ruins that contained Words. Unless you learned a different word from each dragon soul or something, or found them elsewhere, because dragons were not just in Skyrim, but all over Tamriel.

And please, make the children killable! I know it's immoral, but some characters are immoral and have no regard for human life whatsoever.

And your character was voiced in Skyrim, but only for Shouts. And each race/gender had its own voice.

Baan Dar

I do like it, but the Attributes system is horribly clunky. I doubt it'll come back. The system in Skyrim is much smoother, and I like it's combat mechanics a lot more than those of Morrowind and Oblivion. Although, I'm not sure about the marks system. I'd say Shouts should make a return, but that would really only work in Skyrim due to the Nord ruins that contained Words. Unless you learned a different word from each dragon soul or something, or found them elsewhere, because dragons were not just in Skyrim, but all over Tamriel.

And please, make the children killable! I know it's immoral, but some characters are immoral and have no regard for human life whatsoever.

And your character was voiced in Skyrim, but only for Shouts. And each race/gender had its own voice.

There are some problem with that shouts dilemma
1. It takes years for normal people to learn shout.
2. The Dragonborn is the only one who can lean shouts quickly and absorb dragon soul. It is also the Last Dragonborn, mentioned many times throughout the game and some times in the MQ, so you can't miss it.
3. Bethesda does not recycle heroes.

Also, for the voiced thing, I meant dialogue, not shouts and swings.

Well Daggerfall takes place in Hammerfell and High Rock. Morrowind in Morrowind. Oblivion in Cyrodil. Skyrim in Skyrim. So I would like to see Elder Scrolls 6 take place in a province not yet used, such as Elswyer, or Sommerset Isle, or heck, even the Black Marsh or Valenwood.

A

Apollyon Yagami

I like all the Argonians and i want to see how Black Marsh (or Elsweyr) is like but, the entire game taking place on a Province which its full of argonians and its a swamp (as far i can tell) ? I would miss humans and normal cities.

mast3rlinkx

Well Daggerfall takes place in Hammerfell and High Rock. Morrowind in Morrowind. Oblivion in Cyrodil. Skyrim in Skyrim. So I would like to see Elder Scrolls 6 take place in a province not yet used, such as Elswyer, or Sommerset Isle, or heck, even the Black Marsh or Valenwood.

Don't forget that Arena took place in all of Tamriel. So you'll look for the ones used only once, which would be Alinor, Elsweyr, Valenwood, and Black Marsh. I still think it's likely to take place in the whole of the Aldmeri Dominion.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
This is a theory:

The planes of oblivion, annihilated. Gods are being slaughtered, and most of the Princes are thought to have suffered the same fate. The elder Dragon, Akatosh, believes that his beloved mortal realm may be next, and so chooses four gods: Vaermina, the mad divine; Meridia, the prince of cleansing light; Baan Dar, the Khajiit pariah; and his own aspect, Martin Septim, to the mortal realm. He gives them his final task: appoint new gods, and use them to save the world from this mysterious threat. But this ancient threat from beyond Oblivion has plans of its own. At random, they chose a mortal, and in that mortal, they instilled a dormant power, one that would aid them in overthrowing the gods and draining the life from the mortal realm. Unfortunately, this random mortal is on his/her way to the chopping block, aboard a flying Aldmeri prison ship.
This somewhat sounds cool, but it has no real roots in lore. First off, what is killing Gods and the Princes as well as destroying the planes of oblivion? There would be nothing in lore to explain this. Also, when did this mortal realm become beloved by Akatosh? Akatosh is God of Time and in fact Alduin is an aspect of Akatosh with the idea that all things including the world must come to an end and a new world will then emerge. Also, for elder scroll games the lore is usually based around the province like Alduin for Skyrim, Mehrunes Dagon and the Mythic Dawn for Cyrodil, and Dagoth Ur for Morrowind, so this would mean a game in the Summerset Isles for instance would be about their lore and same goes for Elsweyr and Valenwood.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I think its more likely that the game will take place in Elsweyr and Valenwood because according to lore the wood elves and the khajiits actually come from the same ancestry before the khajiits were changed into khajiits and before the wood elves became elves. In the book, Words_of_Clan_Mother_Ahnissi it talks about the Khajiits' and Bosmer's creation story and they talked about Ahnurr, who was the first father and became angry with Fadomai for having too many kids and when Nirni (the world) was made Azura made sure that Ahnurr didn't know the secret for being able to pass by the moons and the lattice lest he destroy the world in his anger. Recently the moons Secunda and Masser disappeared and then reappeared suggesting something might be up, so I think the next game will be about Ahnurr in Elsweyr and Valenwood.

mast3rlinkx

Perhaps the focus could be on Elsweyr and Valenwood, and have some things you have to do in Alinor. The way I see it, they might as well include the final province of the Aldmeri Dominion in the game. I think it would be a welcome change to playing in the Empire, to be honest. I'd like to see what the Aldmeri Dominion is like, how they see the world. All you have right now are the rumors from the residents of the Empire, and the Dominion is a bit secretive. Maybe you could have a choice to join the Dominion if you make a High Elf.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Perhaps the focus could be on Elsweyr and Valenwood, and have some things you have to do in Alinor. The way I see it, they might as well include the final province of the Aldmeri Dominion in the game. I think it would be a welcome change to playing in the Empire, to be honest. I'd like to see what the Aldmeri Dominion is like, how they see the world. All you have right now are the rumors from the residents of the Empire, and the Dominion is a bit secretive. Maybe you could have a choice to join the Dominion if you make a High Elf.
I think its more likely that they will hold off on the Summerset Isles for another game because they still need new provinces to explore for the elder scrolls 7. Also, most people currently hate the Thalmor, so I think that they should do a game in the future at the Summerset Isles, where some of the Altmer have come to disagree and dislike the Thalmor causing a civil war that you can participate in and this also allows for there to be a more diverse population of people that may go live in the area that the rebels control.

mast3rlinkx

I think its more likely that they will hold off on the Summerset Isles for another game because they still need new provinces to explore for the elder scrolls 7. Also, most people currently hate the Thalmor, so I think that they should do a game in the future at the Summerset Isles, where some of the Altmer have come to disagree and dislike the Thalmor causing a civil war that you can participate in and this also allows for there to be a more diverse population of people that may go live in the area that the rebels control.

I've considered that possibility, but Tamriel is not the only place on Nirn. If they do all of the Dominion, then all the provinces of Tamriel will have been used twice, because every province was used for the first game, Arena. If they do all of the Dominion, perhaps TESVII will take place outside of Tamriel, most likely in Akavir, since there's several sentient races there. It would be a nice break from having six games in Tamriel. But I have no doubt that TESVI will take place in several provinces of Tamriel.