Elder Scrolls 6: Story Improvements

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
I have been thinking lately about Elder Scrolls 6 and how they could liven up the story. This Thread isn't going to be really about what the story of Elder Scrolls 6 should be, since if I had it my way it would be about the Second Great War, but about the guilds, cities, and npcs of it.

First, The Guilds~ I believe we should have more than the basic guilds like: Fighters, Mage (colleges), DB, and Thieves. Now I don't mean put in a guild for battle mages, but more like multiply guilds of the same profession. For example: Lets say you have the Fighters guild, Ruby Swords, and the Summerset Merc Company. All three of those guilds deal with warriors that are paid to do a job. Now to spice it up you let the main character only join one. You can have three different story lines for each guild that may deal with the only guilds and maybe have battles with them over contracts.

Now you may see the problem that how can you canon a story for the fighters guilds, ruby swords, and SMC if they are killing each other? You don't want fans to complain if their guild got shafted by the Fighters guild.

Simply, Lets say you join the Fighters Guild, you get a mission to clear out a cave full of goblins and when you get back you find your captain dead. While on your Alt character you work for the ruby swords and you get a mission to kill a That very same Fighters Guild Captain. You could have all three Guild storylines mingle around each other, but not have a clear winner or a whole guild get destroyed.

Second, Guild impact on quests ~ In Skyrim I normally do the guilds before I do the main storyline. I feel that if i'm Harbinger of the companions that Jarls should listen to me more! In Elder Scrolls 6 I want Guilds you're in affect conversions for good and bad. If I am the leader of the thieves guild I want people to be scared of me and cough up info fast or lighten my work load. If i'm doing a mission for a man that hates mages and I'm in the college of Hammerfell I want the guy to send me to do tasks to gain his trust, but if i'm a warrior like him he gets straight to the point and trusts me more.

Third, Bigger Towns ~ I understand more NPCs = heavier work load on comps and consoles, but with the Ps4 and Xbox 1 I want big towns. I want towns that are full to explore and as big as Daggerfall Towns. No More small vallages that are called holds.

Fourth, Bigger Houses or invest in towns ~ I end the game filthy rich I want to blow my gold on a huge house and have servants, or for example my favorite town in Oblivion was bravil and I wouldn't mind dropping a full 50,000 gold pieces to help clean up the place and update the stores. (This is more end game and my personal preference)

Fifth, Improve relationships with NPCs~ This could be subtracted out, but could be a cool add in if money permitted. In Skyrim you do a task for someone and they become your friend. How about we add different levels of affection and friendships? You could have the basic level of friend then good friend, then best friend etc. Friends could give gifts and the better the friend the better the gift and so on. You might have to put in some more work if you want to marry someone instead of wearing an amulet. I would find it funny if you had your wife in one town and have a mistress in another. Bring kids back too.

Of course there is many more things that could be added, but I would like to hear what other people would add besides what the Story would be in ES6. How do you feel about guild? NPC? House?

(This is my first thread I made so there could be grammer mistakes and so on.)

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Interesting... highly unlikely, but interesting nonetheless.

The Laoch

Interesting... highly unlikely, but interesting nonetheless.
Yeah many of it would be very time consuming and of course cost a lot of money. I can always hope though :) .

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Not to mention intensive on whatever system it is being played on.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Didn't they do that in Morrowind? Having several factions and you can only join certain ones, which some also are against each other and end up killing each other.

So how would that canon that? Probably the same way they did it in Morrowind, don't talk about it. Very rarely do you find Elder Scrolls games do too many references to things they did in the past. While they will throw the odd thing here and there.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
All you said was sound and something I want, but you don't mention any location. To me the location of TES VI is extremely important on my list of things I want. I feel like past TES games I.E. Oblivion and Skyrim focus on the human point of view, more specifically Skyrim. TES VI could take a different route, one more geared towards the mer viewpoint, not only defending the Thalmors choices but justifying them. It could lead to an very interesting point where the militaristic Skyrim defenders could find out the not so evil background of the Aldmeri Dominion.

The Laoch

Didn't they do that in Morrowind? Having several factions and you can only join certain ones, which some also are against each other and end up killing each other.

So how would that canon that? Probably the same way they did it in Morrowind, don't talk about it. Very rarely do you find Elder Scrolls games do too many references to things they did in the past. While they will throw the odd thing here and there.
Yes, Morrowind did have guilds at war with each other. The thing i wanted to change is how you could only join one than all three.

For example if you joined the Imperial legion you can't join the royal family / or a religious group because both those fractions hate the legion and etc.

I also agree that we will most likely not see any of these ideas, I thought it would be fun to write down things that would be interesting to see.

The Laoch

All you said was sound and something I want, but you don't mention any location. To me the location of TES VI is extremely important on my list of things I want. I feel like past TES games I.E. Oblivion and Skyrim focus on the human point of view, more specifically Skyrim. TES VI could take a different route, one more geared towards the mer viewpoint, not only defending the Thalmors choices but justifying them. It could lead to an very interesting point where the militaristic Skyrim defenders could find out the not so evil background of the Aldmeri Dominion.

I would also agree that it is time to see a game from a Mer province, I think Elder Scrolls 6 will be about the Second Great Wars, but since we don't know i was just trying to throw out some ideas about guild improvements, and optional things in the story.

sticky runes

I agree with the idea of having multiple versions of the same kind of guild. Particularly with magic - a healers college or temple which specializes in restoration magic and the quests involve curing NPCs of illnesses and driving out dark curses and stuff to help afflicted villagers, and a dark magic college that specializes in conjuration and the quests involve invoking dark forces and gaining new powerful creatures to summon (kind of like Arvak the phantom horse and some unique dremora) and perhaps these two covens come into conflict with each other (like the Dawnguard and Volkihar story lines)

And i would like the magic college to actually give us magic lessons. All we got in skyrim was Tolfdir's warding session and the rest was all fetching quests. Give us actual tests where we can only succeed by using certain magic spells.

**Also**

They really need to make up for the bard's college from Skyrim. Just one main quest and a bunch of mini quests to get some level ups and that was it, the bards college might as well not have existed in Skyrim, it was basically a tourist attraction. And after 3 dLCs they still didn't add anything, except Hearthfire coming up with yet more NPCs who graduated from there.

If not a bards college, then perhaps a merchants guild where we are required to put our speech skills to good use. It could work a bit like the Thieves Guild, where we perform tasks that bring more money in and have the place improved, only it's all legally earned via honest trade instead of stealing and pickpocketing. Perhaps there could even be a black merchants guild where we do have to commit theft and take advantage of others to beat the competition, and it can be the player's choice to either join the good merchants guild and run an honest business or join the black merchants and have some shady dealings to gain wealth and status.

The Laoch

I also think that adding a height slider for character creation would be neat. You could have a shorter Nord like of his Mother was Nord, but Dad was Breton. Or a tall Wood Elf for s**ts and giggles

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
I agree with the guilds idea with another and want to add on something.

It's pretty simple. After joining one category (fighters guild for example), you cannot join another category if that category conflicts with the guild you're in. For example, I wouldn't be able to join the companions if I was in DB. Always found it strange to be the leader of all four, yet no one comments on it.

sticky runes

Combat on horseback also needs to be severely improved. Besides using weapons, I'd like to be able to stomp enemies in front and behind using the horse's hooves, and perhaps the game could allow auto targeting when on horseback, since horseback archery was so dodgy in Skyrim. And maybe they should make horses unkillable by enemies. This would essentially make the player invincible, but they could get around that by having the player knocked off by certain attacks, and maybe the horse can get scared and run off.

Also, give us enemies who fight on steeds. Bandits charging across fields and cavalry in major battles, and we have to use different tactics to defeat them.

I'm sure they can come up with all kinds of improvements to make horses more usable, but in Skyrim, they just seemed to be there for aesthetic reasons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts