Elder Scroll problem

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

noheartx

So I just completed the quest where you get the elder scroll from the Tower of Mzulft. I gave the transcribed lexicon back to Septimus and then went to the Throat of the World, where I was greeted by Parthurnaax. He said his usual line of "You have the Kel-the Elder Scroll-" blah blah blah and then I go to the Time-Wound to read the scroll and its not there. I went back to the Tower of Mzulft to look for it there but it wasn't there, and I went back to Septimus to see if he somehow had it but no luck. What the bonk?

CHUBBY_RYNO

Did you by chance sell or give the scroll to Urag gro-shub, The orc who manages the Arcanaeum at the College of Winterhold? That's the only place I can think of as to where it could be......

CHUBBY_RYNO

Did you by chance get arrested and sent to jail within the time period of getting the scroll and returning to the throat of the world?

CHUBBY_RYNO

I think I may have found a solution to your problem, I can't promise you that it will work, but it doesn't hurt to try. Try going to any hold and getting arrested (whiterun for example). once in jail, serve your time and get released. This may cause your quest items to return to your inventory. Seeing Parthurnaax recognizes that you have the scroll, it should give it to you. Hope this helps you!

noheartx

ahh see i totally got arrested. so i just have to get re arrsted and then serve my time and then it will be back?

CHUBBY_RYNO

yes, you see when you are arrested, your items are confiscated from you. now i'm not sure what hold you were arrested in, but you may want to head back there and check the prisoners belongings chest. if it isn't there, get arrested again and it should return to your inventory.

noheartx

yea like i went to Markarth and got arrested but then glitched out cuz that's the only way to escape Cidhna Mine. the elder scroll wasnt in the chest though when i went back and stole all my stuff back. will it come back if i get arrested again or did i just glitch myself out of skyrim?

CHUBBY_RYNO

Yeah, since you had to glitch yourself out, that's most likely why the elder scroll vanished from your inventory. You should probably just commit a minor felony in Whiterun and serve the jail time. If it doesn't return after that, I'm out of ideas lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts