• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Archer

Okay so I just got that Moth Priest to read the scroll. Lord Harkon tells me to find the two other scrolls, the quest directs me to Winterhold in order to speak with that Orc librarian (sounds familiar right?), and before I know it I'm told to go speak with that crazy guy that lives in an outpost in the middle of nowhere. The dialogue was exactly the same as the part of the main quest where you have to find the elder scroll for Paarthurnax. And I haven't even met Paarthurnax yet!

Help...

ravensplayer74

He should have sold it to you for 4000 gold. 2000 if your the Arch Mage

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Yeah it's the same because that's the (Dragon) Scroll, there's only 3 in the game. I did the quest thinking it was glitched, but it turns out it wasn't, it just assumes the main mission and when you do it you're fine and you use it, so it works out good.

Archer

yeah i havent reached that part in the main quest. dont worry i know what i have to do now. thanks though.

Archer

It shouldn't. Doing this quest before completing the main one does cause a bit of confusion though.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
The Elder Scroll for the Main Quest-Chain is now labelled as Elder Scroll(Dragon), it's accompanied by two new ones, Elder Scroll(Sun) and Elder Scroll(Blood).

The Sun is the one Serana had on her back, and the Blood one is the one you obtain from Serana's Mother in the Soul Cairn.