elder and ancient dragons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DovaDestroyer

Rippin' and tearin' since 1996
anyone know where i can find elder or ancient dragons? i'm level 36 and have not encountered one of these yet. the blood dragons are way too easy to kill now.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
The first time I saw an Elder dragon I was in Solitude. All the guards were looking up. I was like " The hell are you guys looking at?". Then I heard a roar, so I figured it was a Frost Dragon and busted out my bow. As soon as that thing came into view I was like HOLY pl***!!! Elder dragons are like 2x the size of Regular dragons. I thought I was fighting Alduin again.

The SIlent Man

I'm level 41 (almost 42) and I've never encountered an Elder Dragon...I thought this is pretty strange...a friend told me that I can't see them cause i defeated Alduin...is that true?

Icy Seeker

I'm level 41 (almost 42) and I've never encountered an Elder Dragon...I thought this is pretty strange...a friend told me that I can't see them cause i defeated Alduin...is that true?
you should be able to see them Idk you randomly come across them.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
I started seeing earlier than 40 though I may be wrong. Those dragons are tough better be prepared.

anyone know where i can find elder or ancient dragons? i'm level 36 and have not encountered one of these yet. the blood dragons are way too easy to kill now.
wow you actually want to see these dragons? the first time i encountered an elder dragon i was in the wilderness (round about high lvl 30's) and i ended up running to a shack to hide! it does so much damage and can be hard to kill but i play on expert and thats to be expected i guess :p

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You will see elder dragons at level 40 and ancient dragons at level 50.
This is incorrect. Those are the levels of the Dragons not the levels at which they are unlocked for encounters. I can confirm from direct (and unpleasant) experience that you can encounter Ancient Dragons well before you even hit level 40. :eek:

According to the Elder Scrolls Wikia page on Skyrim Dragons you can encounter an Elder Dragon upon reaching level 23 and an Ancient Dragon after around level 30. The kind of Dragon that spawns is random but influenced by your level and the higher you level the more likely it is that you will get an Elder or Ancient Dragon encounter. The type of Dragon you encounter is not influenced by location so you'll just have to be patient. It will happen when it happens.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts