Effects of Killing Main Characters?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeff Travers

In one game, I join the Dark Brotherhood (Dark Hand) and eventually Cicero, a crazy jester, arrives with the 'Night Mother'. This corpse (mother) triggers a quest line or at least a quest where I go do something after hearing the corpse's voice.

In another game, not having any contact with the DB, I run into Cicero on a road. His wagon, carrying the Night Mother's coffin, is stuck in a rut. He asks me to go to a nearby farm and ask the farmer for tools to help him get the wagon moving again.

What would happen to the whole Night Mother questline if I killed Cicero? And then went on to join the DB?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
You can not kill him until it's an offered quest by Astrid. Believe me I tried, and in the end glad I couldn't kill him. He's become my favorite character.

Lars

Hang on i ratted him out to winterholds guard and im not even in the dark brother hood yet! Will that effect anything?

Jersey Dagmar

Not overly. He'll just be a bit peeved at you for 'not helping' him. However, he never openly accuses you of being the one who ratted him out. I even ratted him out, and now he's one of my most loyal followers.

Jersey Dagmar

I don't want to give too much away, but yes. If you can manage through the DBH Questline, there is a chance he'll become a follower companion. :)

Jeff Travers

Changing the topic considerably, I want to marry Aela the Huntress. :) Most of the broads in the game are not exactly 'lookers'. I've joined the companions. I hope to hook up with Aela.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I tried to kill Maven when I first went the Risten. I had he down to 0 health but he can't be killed, probably because of the numerous quest chains from her. Too bad because I thought she was a B*tch.

Flamingtaco

I read that there is a quest where you can kill the DB if you kill Astrid in the abandoned shack. Anyone know if that would include killing Cicero?

Annabd

Anna
Cicero is in the Dark Brotherhood??!! I haven't joined yet but I want to! OMG he's like my favorite character! I love how he talks all weirdly, but most of the time his animations are just like everyone elses :)
I don't think you can kill characters super related to quests - I believe they just become 'unconscious' like in Oblivion.

Jersey Dagmar

I read that there is a quest where you can kill the DB if you kill Astrid in the abandoned shack. Anyone know if that would include killing Cicero?

I was wondering about this myself. I just can't bring myself to make one of my characters battle and defeat the Dark Brotherhood. I just love Cicero too much.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts