• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

rvk5150

Has anyone else earned this? You get it after finishing the Bohenian (sp?) quest.

I had Ebony Armor of Health already; used the workbench to make it Superior Level and enchanted to provide extra 16 points of health....but this new set is nice. I have to improve it yet but have not unlocked the Arcane Blacksmith so that will have to wait; but Sneak Bonus and Poison if an enemy gets close....really cool.

The best part is that cool black mist that happens; makes the game have a real cool Todd McFarlane/Spawn look to it (not to mention Kingdoms of Amalur or anything).

Question is it makes a weird sound every time I go into Sneak; I know it is part of the bonus but I have tried searching around to see if it is described anywhere and have not found anything; any ideas?

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
It's a great piece of armor, make it legendary and you got yourself one expensive set of armor.

OT: It does make a sound when you crouch because of the black poison that surrounds your body.

Bigfishpa

I just got it last night haven't had a chance to see it in action yet .Maybe today .It does look cool.

Ironclad

Give it to a follower to see the full effect, it does look cool, really cool.
Be warned though, it can cause others to attack you. For example, in Solitude a dragon attacked and the armour went into poison mode and affected everyone. This meant I had to contend with said dragon & all the guards too. Fun, but dangerous. :p

Notmy420

Give it to a follower to see the full effect, it does look cool, really cool.
Be warned though, it can cause others to attack you. For example, in Solitude a dragon attacked and the armour went into poison mode and affected everyone. This meant I had to contend with said dragon & all the guards too. Fun, but dangerous. :p

Lol that's awesome!!
What questline leads to obtaining this?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

RedVideo

His Excellency
Boethiah's Calling is the Quest. Once you have Ebony smithing you can even improve this armor.

As a sneaky archer I rarely get close enough to my opponents for the poison effect. The black shrouded mist that covers you can make aiming arrows troublesome.

XbSuper

Boethiah's Calling is the Quest. Once you have Ebony smithing you can even improve this armor.

As a sneaky archer I rarely get close enough to my opponents for the poison effect. The black shrouded mist that covers you can make aiming arrows troublesome.

You would actually need the arcane smithing perk to upgrade this armor. The ebony smithing perk simply allows you to smith it better, ie higher armor.

It's a really great piece of armor. I am wearing it right now on my Redguard warrior. It has pretty cool enchantments and it looks soo pretty! It makes it much more possible to sneak in heavy armor which is very nice. People say the "shrouded effect" when crouching messes up your aiming with arrows, but I have had literally zero problem with that.

And yeah, that sound is just the black shroud effect activating.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
I just received it and it's great! Advantageous while sneaking, deadly while in combat, and with a decent armor rating (great armor rating when improved to Legendary).

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
It's a really great piece of armor.

• Advantageous for sneaking
  • Poisons nearby enemies
  • Good armor rating (awesome improved up to Legendary)
  • Looks sharp

Skyrimosity

I got that quest when I got attacked by a Boethiah Cultist and looted the book from his body. Haven't had time to get around to it, is the armor useful for a mage?