• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

feliciano182

Maybe this isn't the right place for this topic, but I don't want to risk getting spoiled, anyways...

...Is the Ebony Mail supposed to be used in a clever way the developers came up with ? I ask because my assasin character uses Light Armor, and the Ebony Mail presents obvious problems when worn, not to mention that, apart from the poison enchantment, it seems worthless when you have Muffle.

ShadowGambit

The in game ebony mail is a little screwed up in my opinion.

Being an Heavy armor, it is not fit for stealthy character who would choose the no armor or light armor path because it makes it easier to sneak BEFORE getting muffle.

The poison cloak is good and bad at the same time: for an archer, it tends to cover your view and makes it harder to see you target the farther it is. For Blade assassin, the poison cloak MAY screwed you up when getting too close of your enemy before landing a sneak attack. But in melee, the poison cloak is not that bad.

For me, the ebony mail is only useful for tank that want to get a little sneaky, so a very rare build.

JClarke1953

I've got it on my "companion", and although it seems noisy as she follows me, when my char is in sneak, it doesn't seem to matter. Also, as a "Listener" for the Dark Brotherhood, I can take one of the new recruit's for training. She makes a bit of noise as well (and Dark Brotherhood "uniform" is supposed to be quiet), yet the NPC's I sneak up on and open their throat's, there seems to be notice of her, even when I have her do the kill.

The Ebony Mail is one of those pieces of armor that you never use. It makes everything close to you turn black and you can't see them. Good for collecting; bad for wearing.

Moonwort

I used the Ebony mail in my vampire build and loved it. I too did not like it at first and have not/will not use it with other characters. But you get some pretty freaky stuff going on with glowing eyes coming out of that shadow. It was cool for awhile and pretty apt for a non-magic using vampire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts