Ebony Blade / Whispering Door

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You kill those who consider you a friend with it. This includes any NPC for whom you've completed a personal quest, and the Housecarls that serve you. It's primarily a role playing device as the weapon is quite inferior at higher levels as it's damage cannot be improved through Smithing and the damage perks for it are a bit messed up.

Long Taffy Treat

Okay. Thanks. I think the PS3 version of the Ebony Blade is buggy and not working correctly. I have killed a few housecarls, beggars, and followers without any increase in the blades damage level, and I never hear the Whispering Lady speak when I kill with the blade. Oh well.

lukemn

the drain life increases to a maximum of 30, getting stronger with each friendly NPC you kill. If you have dead thrall or the ritual stone you can fully charge it by killing and reviving a follower over and over until you hear Mephala say the sword is at its full power.

Long Taffy Treat

Okay lukemn, that sounds good! I'll go give it a try.
The deal is that I'm at level 78 (nearly 79) and I'm just trying to pass the time earning XP enough to reach 81. I am hoping using the Ebony Blade will help me level-up a little more. Nearly all locations on the map are 'Cleared', so these are the last days for this character I think.
PS
Do we know if Skyrim Dawngaurd will be for PS3 or not? It's like Grandpa from The Lost Boys: "That's the one thing about Skyrim I never could stomach...all the damn vampires".

Long Taffy Treat

Okay, here are the results of using the Ebony Blade: The blades damage is at 29. I have never seen it raise more than that. I killed a few beggars, followers, and Housecarls, but the only time I heard the Whispering Lady say "Excellent work child" was when I went to Riverwood and I killed Faendal. So, the blade works and I probably earn some two-handed XP wielding it. Thanks to all who posted help.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts