Easy Magic Schools Leveling with Max Enchanting

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
This may have been obvious to some, but the way my mind works it took me a while to stumble upon it, and wanted to make it common knowledge, as it is a nice little work-around to being magicka short when leveling the 5 different magic schools.

First off, I am primarily a ranged assassin, that being my maxed archery and sneak. From there I maxed blacksmithing and enchanting as I knew I could make some sick armor and weapons, and ridiculous enchants to really buff my ranged assassin role, so I did.

At the point where I had a Legendary Daedric Bow with 136 base damage plus 31 fire and 31 frost damage and a full set of Daedric Armor (Legendary) with + to archery where ever I could (a total of +120% to archery) as well as other helpful stats, and I was basically one-shotting regular mobs and 2 to 3 shotting "boss" mobs on master, it was time to level my caster schools.

I went to the college and obtained master robes for every school. Very helpful. Then I started to craft the head/hands/feet/ring/neck pieces for these sets. My roommate and I had several discussions on what was better, +magicka regen (which I like) or simply +magicka. He liked having a bigger pool to try to knock down the foes before he had to regen. I liked the fast regen, as I am a good kiter, and well practiced, so if I didn't knock them down with my first go around, I could kite and regen fairly easily.

While creating these "off set" pieces to match up with my robes, I attempted to create an alternate to the robes, something with some armor rating. With the robe enchant (+% reduction to school cost, +% magicka regen) you could only get a small amount of reduction, and an even smaller amount of regen. With double enchants your options from there were to add a high +% reduction or a higher +% magicka regen, but either one didn't matter, as it was never as good as the robes.

Once I reached +75% reduction to a school through head, neck, and ring solely, I realized, with the master robes I was either at 95%, 97%, or 100% reduction (the master robes vary from 20%, 22% to 25% reduction.) I then realized that I could cast all my resto spells free of charge! Finally from there I remembered that the enchants to the body for reduction to a school's spells, with a grand soul, was static at 25%! All you have to do then is create 4 pieces, head, ring, necklace, and body with 25% reduction to a certain school's magicka cost, and all the spells in that school are free of charge. =)

I had already maxed my alteration and illusion, but this made maxing restoration really easy, and destruction is coming along quite smoothly. My current caster set is a full Dragonplate armor set with 25% reduc to destro and resto, and it has been absolutely amazingly fun leveling this way, as all my perks aren't going to any caster school, the ability to free-cast all my best spells make being a pseudo-caster still fun.

Just a little FYI with some background story. I love the things you can do in this game!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts