• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zombiejunkie

I'm lvl 15 and I'm a Red Guard. I'm taking a lot of damage even though I've got decent dwarven armor. It could be my lack of investing in stamina becuase I'm sitting at 110 unbuffed. Is that bad?

Votre Ami

XD i put all my Stats into stamina Hehehe I have 260 stamina and 100 HP XD Try Dodging their Attack even your a STR build You should Find the Right time when are you going to attack

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Are you usually running out of stamina during fights? Stamina is important for blocking and power attacks during melee fights. Have you played other Elder Scrolls games? I'm not insinuating anything, I've just noticed people new to Skyrim don't really block. If you're in a melee fight you should be timing your blocks, look for opportunities to attack, then block again. Stamina is important to keep your blocks going, but won't necessarily make you take more damage unless you're routinely running out of stamina during fights.

Votre Ami

Oh hehehe i use Dula Wield and I dont have Block I use Bow to Sneak Damage the Enemy And When He have a Low Health I Equip My weapons And Charge Directly At Him XD

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Oh hehehe i use Dula Wield and I dont have Block I use Bow to Sneak Damage the Enemy And When He have a Low Health I Equip My weapons And Charge Directly At Him XD
Hah, yeah I forgot about dual wield. I might have to make another character to try that. That's basically the only melee style where it's acceptable not to block (because you can't and) because you can dish out damage faster. I prefer the deliberate method, block with a shield and counter attack with a sword, the sword swings faster than the axe and mace so I prefer it even though it does less damage than the axe and mace. I stay behind my shield a lot, but I don't die very often.

To the op: like I said, stamina is important, but it's not directly tied to like a defense or armor stat, unless you're running out of it it won't really make a difference. It's important to have for power attacks and blocks.

Votre Ami

Hah, yeah I forgot about dual wield. That's basically the only melee style where it's acceptable not to block (because you can't and) because you can dish out damage faster. I prefer the deliberate method, block with a shield and counter attack with a sword, the sword swings faster than the axe or mace so I prefer it even though it does less damage. I stay behind my shield a lot, but I don't die very often.

To the op: like I said, stamina is important, but it's not directly tied to like a defense or armor stat, unless you're running out of it it won't really make a difference. It's important to have for power attacks and blocks.

hahah Cool Doing that make the Game More Thrilling hahahahhahahah thats Nice

zombiejunkie

Are you usually running out of stamina during fights? Stamina is important for blocking and power attacks during melee fights. Have you played other Elder Scrolls games? I'm not insinuating anything, I've just noticed people new to Skyrim don't really block. If you're in a melee fight you should be timing your blocks, look for opportunities to attack, then block again. Stamina is important to keep your blocks going, but won't necessarily make you take more damage unless you're routinely running out of stamina during fights.

I have flames in one hand and sword in other. I've been through oblivion plenty but I'm not sure how duel wield blocking works. Is it in perks?

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
I have flames in one hand and sword in other. I've been through oblivion plenty but I'm not sure how duel wield blocking works. Is it in perks?
yeah, as pointed out, you can't block while duel wielding. My mistake, I'm sorry for the confusion, I forgot all about dual wielding when I made that first post. It just comes down to play style, some people can dual wield and dish out damage fast enough blocking doesn't matter, but my personal fighting style relies on a shield. I guess just experiment and see what works for you the best. If you're dying a lot you may want to rethink your strategy and if you're dying because you're out of stamina all the time in fights, then yes, you may want to think about upping your stamina. I can't say anything for sure of course, because it all comes down to your character and your style of play which is what makes these games so good.

If you're really having a tough time you can always lower the skill level as needed as well.

zombiejunkie

yeah, as pointed out, you can't block while duel wielding. My mistake, I'm sorry for the confusion, I forgot all about dual wielding when I made that first post. It just comes down to play style, some people can dual wield and dish out damage fast enough blocking doesn't matter, but my personal fighting style relies on a shield. I guess just experiment and see what works for you the best. If you're dying a lot you may want to rethink your strategy and if you're dying because you're out of stamina all the time in fights, then yes, you may want to think about upping your stamina. I can't say anything for sure of course, because it all comes down to your character and your style of play which is what makes these games so good.

If you're really having a tough time you can always lower the skill level as needed as well.
Yeah I can agree to that, I'm usually Sword and Shield in oblivion but skyrim magic looked so awesome so I wanted to give it a try. I changed my play style more towards bow now so hopefully it works out better.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts