• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

King Randor

Hey guys, I've been in a few of these ruins now, and after I kill the centurion master, there's a dwemner mechanism. I've tried to use it but it says 'you lack the required item'. Does anyone know what the item is?

BTW, those centurion masters are tough!

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
oh wow............. i had it once but don't remember. Although it should be something in the dungeon.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
The item is an attunement sphere found in other Dwemer Ruins. To unlock the mechanism you need to travel north of Winterhold. Carefully walk down the mountain, or jump off the bridge path to the college and pray you land in the water (not suggested) then swim north past Sky Temple ruins, to a cave called Septimus Signus's Outpost. Once you have talked to Septimus he will give you a quest called Discerning the Transmundane and give you key to open the Dwarven Mechanisms.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
the Transmudane quest is also acquired through the main story as well, so no rush on you.
Damn It! I forgot to say what part in the story. Super Spoiler right here, so read at your own risk. It is the quest that has you retrieve the Elder Scroll. if you do deciphering the transmudane, at the end when you finally get the lexicon thingie inscribed at the giant spinning circle stuff, it will open a small ball directly in the center of th eplatform, containing an Elder Scroll. Make sure you pick it up.

King Randor

Thanks again, I'm still doing odd jobs for the guilds and other random quests at the minute. So much to do...

Nuclear Dave

attunement spheres can be found in the ruins as well. its a small hand sized rust colored ball usually on a desk or or shelf. i thought the one i recieved was unique but then i found more.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts