• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    He matched the Altmer womans' steps as they left the inn together. He glimpsed movement up on the walls, Averaine, staring out across the plains. He left the man alone, and listened as his fellow Altmer commented on how peaceful it was. He glanced at her before commenting "It is often the most peaceful before the storm breaks. The brotherhood won't be content to remain in the North for much longer"

Aethalia

Aliah paused and frowned at Salthar, not so much surprised by his grim attitude than irritated by it. " So you're saying that the brotherhoods target is Whiterun?Why?" She asked, stopping and turning to face him. She crossed her arms. The Thalmor vampire had been on edge ever since he'd returned from his meeting up in dragonsreach. "What happened at your meeting with the council? You've been acting...strange, ever since you returned"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar turned to face his fellow Altmer, and noticed irritation on her face. Though it did little to diminish her beauty, it irked him that she hadn't caught on. "No. I'm saying the brotherhoods target is the rest of Skyrim. No one ever comes into power, and is content with what they have" he turned and continued walking. Her second question was what he'd been expecting since that afternoon. He sighed, remembering the conversation. "The council refuses to see the obvious" he admitted. "Or worse, they see the threat, refuse to act"

He stopped again and turned to her. "They're scared. The last civil war almost destroyed Skyrim. Another could quite possibly spread into the Empire. That's why the Imperials aren't taking steps to stop the brotherhood. Which leaves us."

======================================================================

The night passed quickly, and come dawn, the group was assembling by Whiteruns' gates. Salthar stood near the gate, hands clasped behind his back. He honestly hoped the others had heeded his words about getting some rest.

Last edited:

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Everyone headed home after dinner at the tavern but Alice left earlier than the rest. She wasn't feeling well and Julius mentioned that she looked tired. She wanted to stay so as not to be rude but once her mother chimed in and agreed with Julius she decided they might be right. The matter of where to go on their journey was settled at least and she was happy that they were taking a longer, more convoluted path. It would take longer but it would confuse anyone trailing them and they could help others along the way.

Alice was tired by the time she got home and felt hot, like she was coming down with something. She hoped that wasn't the case so she changed into her pajamas and got into bed. It was a cold, snowy night so she lit the wood in her room's fireplace with a short burst of fire magic, roaring the fire to life. It warmed up her bed and her jammies quickly and felt wonderful when she climbed into them and zipped them up. She curled up under her thick, warm covers and fell right asleep. All she needed was a good night's rest and she'd be right as rain in the morning.

Unfortunately, when morning she did come, she was very much the opposite. She felt both cold and clammy under her covers and footy pajamas, she was sore all over, her eyes, nose and mouth were crusty, her throat and nose felt like they were clogged with mud and her she was so dizzy and her vision so spotty she was convinced her head was replaced with a giant stone. As much as she wanted to deny it, refuse it or will it away she knew what all this meant. On this morning of mornings, the day of their grand adventure, she was sick.

"Julius...?" She mumbled hoarsely. It hurt to talk and she was too weak to move her head. "Julius? Julius, where are you?" She turned her head while still keeping it on her pillow and her covers up to her chin and saw that Julius wasn't in bed. She didn't remember him coming to bed, if he ever came at all. Where was he? She needed to tell him about this. She had to find a way to get better in the next hour so she could get ready. She had to protect Cilla. "Julius! Julius, are you in the bathroom!?"

Her door squeaked opened and Cilla softly walked in, still in her own footy pink footy pajamas. The pitter-patter of her covered feet announced her approach without Alice having to see her but she looked over anyway. The light of the hallway hurt her eyes and she was relieved when Cilla closed the door, returning the comfortable darkness to her room.

"Alice?" Cilla asked, walking over to her sister's bed and sitting on it by her side. "Are you okay?"

"I'm sick Cilla." Alice mumbled. "Where's Julius?"

"He's in the guest bedroom. You were snoring and he couldn't sleep and that's usually when you're sick so he got up to let you rest. Don't you remember? You were really loud!"

"No. I'm sorry. I don't feel good. Can you get mom? What time is it?"

"It's about 6:30. We're supposed to meet Salthar in about an hour. Mama invited everybody over for breakfast after you left. She and papa are getting up now. I'll go get her."

"Thanks." Alice dozed off after Cilla left but was roused again when she came back with Carlotta a few minutes later.

"Alice? Honey? Are you okay? Cilla said you were sick?"

"Yeah." Alice said weakly. "I think I'm sick." Carlotta lit Alice's bedside lamp to get back better look. She also opened the windows and saw that the sun was just peeking its head out from behind the horizon. The first fingers of dawn to light the fresh-fallen snow of the cold morning. And the snow kept falling. Bad weather for traveling today.

"Oooh, you don't look good. C'mere, let me see your head." She put a hand to Alice's forehead and she was burning up. She was also shivering despite her footy pajamas and ample warm blankets. It was difficult for Alice to get up on cold, snowy mornings like this when she was healthy and well-rested. Under these circumstances it was impossible. Never mind how early it was. Alice couldn't fight evil with a fever however, so she would stay here today and get some rest.

"Oh sweetheart, you're burning up. No wonder you weren't feeling good last night. Were you feeling this way before we left for supper?" She asked as she stroked her baby's hair.

"I don't know." Alice mumbled. "I was tired last night. That's why I left early and went to bed but you already knew that. I woke up about 11 and felt a little hot but I just went back to bed and didn't worry about it. I guess Julius crashed somewhere else when I started...snoring?"

"Ah yes, that. Well, he was having trouble sleeping anyway and was worried about you and Cilla. He and I talked for a while and by the time we were done you were curled up in bed asleep. He didn't want to wake you up so he took the guest bedroom. Elizabeth is also here. She and I tucked Cilla into bed and Elizabeth was tired enough to where I just gave her a pair of footies and prepped the leather couch downstairs for her. Maybe she can give you something to make you feel better. What other symptoms do you have?"

"Aside from my forehead burning up? I'm shivering under my covers, I'm sore all over, I feel exhausted, my throat's sore and it hurts to swallow and my head's throbbing. It was really nice of you to take Elizabeth in. She's so adorable. I need to get up though. I have to be ready for Salthar!"

She tried to sit up but as soon as she did so she got dizzy and big spots appeared in front of her eyes. She lied back down with a frustrated moan.

"You've got the flu sweetheart. You need to stay in bed and get some rest. The world won't stop without you."

"But why not?!" Alice whined. "I can't get sick! I'm too busy!" Carlotta smiled and ran her fingers through Alice's hair. Alice got a little dramatic when she was sick, upset or tired but it was never for a needless reason. Part of it was simply her age and most of the time Carlotta thought it was cute. She gave Alice a motherly smile and ran her fingers through Alice's hair again. "Because you're sick sweetheart. You need rest. If you try to travel today you'll be a burden to the rest of the group. The best thing you can do to help is rest and concentrate on getting better. Now, I'm gonna get you a healing potion. It'll help bring your fever down and you should feel better in a couple of hours. In the meantime, you go back to sleep and stop fretting. You hungry?"

"No."

"Thirsty?"

"Mmm Mmm."

"Okay. I'm gonna go tell Elizabeth you're sick. She might wanna check up on you. I'll be right back okay?"

"Mhmm...Tell her to come in with her footies still on. She's really cute in them. Just like you Cilla." Alice said, barely staying awake.

"Thanks Alice. Are you gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, probably, but I can't go with you guys. Not today. I'm sorry." Cill was very sad to hear this and Alice gave her sister a weak hug, to try and make her feel better. Then Carlotta gently turned Cilla towards the doorway and pushed on her covered behind, ushering her out of the room. After a dry coughing fit, she dozed off as Carlotta and Cilla left to get everyone else up. Cilla went to get Elizabeth on the couch, who was just waking up. Their two year old tuxedo cat Mira thought it was also a good time to get Elizabeth up. She jumped on the young healer's chest while she was still wrapped in her covers up to her chin and tried to move them away while getting close enough to where Elizabeth could feel her breath on her nose. Mira gave a soft meow to get Elizabeth's attention and started purring loudly just in case resting on her chest and being an inch from her face didn't work. Cilla watched and giggled at the scene before walking to Elizabeth's side.

"Good morning Elizabeth. Mira says good morning too. Mama says breakfast is ready in half an hour and...well...I think Alice is sick. She was hoping to see you. Um....once you wake up a little of course. And deal with the...cat on your chest. You're really cute in those new footy pajamas by the way! I like how they're like mine but blue instead of pink! Alice wants to see you in them!"

Cilla was nervous about the situation and unsure of what was going to happen today now that her sister was sick. Would she still get to go without Cilla? Could someone else take care of her on the trip? Would mama even allow it? All these questions played in her mind and it all showed on the little girl's round, innocent face.

Meanwhile, Carlotta had spotted Salthar waiting by the gate. His black robes were bespeckled with snow but the elven vampire didn't seem to mind in the slightest. He would need to know about this and he should come inside so Carlotta pulled her long fur boots and heavy gray coat over her long white nightgown and wrapped her hair and head in a warm hood to keep the snow off. The blast of freezing air hit her as soon as she opened the door and left the warm house. There was at least four inches of snow on the ground. This mission of theirs, whatever it was, must have been dire.

"Salthar?" Carlotta said, shivering. "Good morning. I know the girls were supposed to go with you and the others on this trip you have planned. Alice is sick and unless someone agrees to look after her Cilla won't be going either. I'm sorry. Everyone's still welcome for breakfast though. It'll be ready within the hour."

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Averaine let the Khajiit woman leave the walls unaccosted. He'd offended her, and following her into the inn probably wasn't the best idea. Giving her some space would be best, he knew. So he stayed on the walls, walking them on his own all night. The sunrise was muted by grey clouds, heavy with snow. By the time the city came to life, snow had already covered the grounds and walls. A poor day for travel, by anyones standards. But knowing Salthar Vivarian, the Altmer vampire was as likely to call off this mission as he was to lop off his own head.

The snow had settled on Averaines' armour and hair, but the cold didn't bother the knight. Nor did the bitterly cold wind, although his indifference to the biting cold had the fur cloaked guards staring at him with eyebrows raised. He turned and stared out across the snow covered plains, and the clouds that covered the skies as far as the eye could see. He heard voices from below, and spotted Carlotta and Salthar speaking. He didn't hear what was said, but judging by the womans' body language, he guessed not everything was going to plan.

Blackwhite1223

Torin awoke in the room he'd purchased for the night, and was surprised to see not the golden rays of the sun, but the muted grey of a cloudy morning. He tossed the blankets off, and dressed in his rangers garb, before glancing out the window. A layer of snow already covered the streets and rooftops of the city. Judging by the clouds that still covered the clouds, and released their burden of white flakes, the entire day would be grey and cold. That would do little to stop Salthar, and Torin was much of the same mind. He'd travelled in worse weather before, and would do so again.

He drew his forest green cloak over his shoulders, clasped it, and then proceeded to buckle the belt that held his quiver. His unstrung bow was attached to the quiver by a pair of sturdy leather straps, ensuring it wouldn't accidentally be lost. After, he buckled his sword belt, under the cloak, so his longsword rested on his right hip. Satisfied his gear was in good condition, he left the room, and made his way downstairs, to the common room. Most of the others had their own rooms at the inn, but he knew Elizabeth, Alice, and Julius had departed for Breezehome. Torin also recalled that he, along with the others, had been invited for breakfast. Grabbing an apple from the basket at the inns' counter, and dropping a couple of gold coins in payment, the ranger headed outside.

The wind was mostly blocked by the buildings, but there was still a chill in the air. Torin was grateful for his warm tunic, leggings, and cloak. Their journey, initially, at least, would be frought with chill. Especially when they made camp at night. As he headed for the main gates, he spotted a familiar figure on the walls. The crimson armour was something of a giveaway. The ranger climbed the rampart to join the vampire knight. "I did not see you at the inn last night. Have you been out here all that time?" He took a bite of his apple while waiting for Averaines' response.

willowwisp

Elizabeth enjoyed the rest of the night among her friends. Even if they were about to embark on a dangerous mission the next morning. As the night wore on, Alice began to look a little more tired than was usual. Julius picked up on it first, and Elizabeth had to admit, her friend did look drawn out. Elizabeth guessed she was just worried about the upcoming journey. She excused herself, and headed to her house. A little while after she'd left, the others began heading off to their own beds, and Carlotta and Simus invited her to sleep over. Alice was already asleep by the time they got to the house, and Carlotta set up the couch in the living room for her, and loaned her a set of cute, blue, footie pyjamas. She must have been more tired than she anticipated, because as soon as she'd wrapped herself in blankets, and her head had hit the pillow, she was sound asleep.

She was awoken a couple of hours later, by Julius who passed by the couch on his way to the guest room, grumbling that he couldn't sleep. She wasn't quite awake enough to ask why he couldn't sleep. She drifted back into the warm oblivion of sleep, only to be awoken a few hours later, by something with four legs jumping onto her chest, startling her. A moment later, something uncomfortably close to her nose went "Meow"

Elizabeths' eyes opened, staring into the wide, playful eyes of a cat. Noticing that it's living cushion was now awake, the feline let out a pleased purr. A soft noise beside had her turning her head to take in Cilla standing by the couch, looking nervous. "Good morning Elizabeth. Mira says good morning too. Mama says breakfast is ready in half an hour and...well...I think Alice is sick. She was hoping to see you. Um....once you wake up a little of course. And deal with the...cat on your chest. You're really cute in those new footy pajamas by the way! I like how they're like mine but blue instead of pink! Alice wants to see you in them!"

"Good morning, Cilla." She stroked the cat, scratching behind her ears, eliciting more purring. Elizabeth frowned at hearing Alice was sick. 'That explains why she went to bed so early last night. She was coming down with something.' "Well that's no good! I'll go up to see her right away. And I'll bring her something hot to drink, as well." She gently set the cat on the floor, and untangled herself from the blankets. "And I'll go up in my pyjamas. Whatever the patient wants."

She left the living room, and went into the kitchen finding a small kettle of water, which she heated to boiling with a quick spell. The drain on her strength was imperceptible, but she doubted Salthar or any of her former instructors would have approved. Pouring the hot water into a mug, she added the herbs to make tea, before adding milk, and a healthy dose of honey. She headed up the stairs, to Alices room, dressed in nothing more than the blue pyjamas, and carrying the steaming tea. "Alice? I heard you weren't feeling so great. I've brought you some tea with honey. It should help you feel a little better." She took a seat at the foot of the bed, and handed the mug to her.

Stormmaiden

After much deliberation, the group finally decided that their path would lead them to Riften. And from there, a straight shot north, to Windhelm. Lythare was happy with the decision. It ensured that the group wouldn't be tracked by or at least confuse any unfriendly eyes. After that, the companions relaxed a little and spoke of matters of no real importance. Alice left earliest, claiming that she was over tired. Given the stress of the past afternoon, Lythare didn't blame her. One by one, the others went to their beds, and Lythare felt the warm furs and mattress calling to her as well.

When she woke, she was surprised to see snow falling from skies, and the sun nowhere in sight. 'A poor day for travel, if ever I saw one. But it's best not to put the journey off any more than's necessary.' She dressed in her gear, and left the room, eager to meet with the others and be on their way. She'd barely left the inn, when a flurry of small, piercing chirps, and a flutter of wings announced the arrival of Aethos. Automatically, Lythare extended her forearm for the falcon to land on. He did so, and fixed her with a baleful yellow glare. Clearly, he wasn't pleased about the cold and snow."Don't complain to me. I can't help if it snows, and I don't think the inn keeper would be very happy with the likes of you terrorizing her customers" Aethos screeched softly, and ruffled his feathers.

Lythare smiled at her loyal companion and lifted a finger to stroke the speckled black and tan feathers that adorned his head. "I'll make it up to you. Once we're outside the city, and stop for the night, you can have your pick of my meal." The bird of prey ruffled his feathers again, but seemed a little less agitated. A moment later, he launched himself from her arm, and flapping his powerful wings, took to the open sky, soaring among the clouds and snow.

She made her way to the gates, and noticed that Salthar was already out there, his robes dotted with snow, but unbothered by it. He was speaking with Simus' wife, and he didn't look particularly pleased. A quick glance revealed Averaine and Torin standing together on the walls. Lythare got into earshot of the vampiric elf and the human woman to hear her say "- won't be going either. I'm sorry. Everyone's still welcome for breakfast though. It'll be ready within the hour." Lythare frowned. That did not sound like good news. "Who's not going? What's the matter?" She inquired.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Averaine left off his observation of his fellow vampire and Carlotta, to greet Torin. "I did not see you at the inn last night. Have you been out here all that time?" The ranger said in greeting. He bit into the apple in his hand while waiting for Averaines' response. The knight gave him a pained smile. "I did indeed remain on the walls for the duration of the night." He realized how that might be misinterpreted. "Of my own volition. The night gave me some time to think. I believe the time for pondering our course of action has passed."

He nodded out towards the grey clouds. "The storm is gathering. And it's about to break. If we don't act soon, we may be too late" the knights' tone clued the ranger in to the fact he didn't simply mean the snow. Averaine had come to the conclusion that Salthar knew very much the same what the vampire knight had just said. Hence the rush to depart Whiterun.

"And you, my friend? I hope you had a good rest. I doubt we'll be sleeping in comfortable beds very often once we set out." He turned back to watching the area near the gates, where Lythare had joined the human woman and Altmer vampire. "The others are probably preparing. We should join them" Averaine decided, gesturing for his ranger friend to lead the way.

Blackwhite1223

Averaines response was more troubling than the ranger would have thought. 'But then,' he thought as the knight turned to join the others by the gate, 'we live in troubling times'. Northern warlords rallying to this Azeraile, killing whoever they wished, and enforcing their own barbaric rule on whoever opposed them. The Empire, powerless, or apparently so, to do anything to stop them. And the Blight. Apparently defeated, though their apparent leaders' dying words had been to warn them that more of their foul kind were coming. It was enough to rob any sane person of a good nights sleep. Though the majority of Skyrim remained blissfully ignorant of any but the most obvious threats.

Averaine inquired as to how he'd slept, and Torin replied with a shrug. He'd slept as well as possible, on the eve of their mission. He took the time to finish his apple, before disposing of the core, and following his friend down to join the others. Lythare was there, but of the others of their company, he saw none, besides Salthar, of course. He inclined his head politely towards Carlotta, and turned began to pace slowly, back and forth. He was eager to leave, but it would be rude to simply brush off the womans offer of breakfast. And besides, they all needed to keep their strength up. Though, noticing the expression on Carlotta and Salthars' faces, something was amiss. "Is everything well? You both seem troubled."

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Shork had only managed a few hours sleep when he arose from his slumber. For once he did not feel hungover. Perhaps his time in the cell last night had gotten it all out of his system.
    Drink wasn't a problem, but he did feel somewhat hungry. After recalling his location he looked around, hoping to see a few scraps. Unfortunatly there was nothing of the sort in sight. After cracking his knuckles & adorning his bonemould gear Shork walked out of the small aclove & onto the main street of the plains district. His employer, who he vaguely recalled being named Salthar, already stood at the gates. To acknowledge his continued participation in the task, Shork quickly nodded at the elf.

He felt more light headed this morning. When others people began to show up Shork went to try & communicate with them, but as they split off into their own conversations the Orc found himself staying back. He had no idea how long this group had been toghether, but Shork felt out of the loop either way.
    His stomach growled again. Taking a few glances towards the market down the street, he considered heading there & pinching some food before the vendors awoke. Before he went however, a woman appeared out of the same house the group had congregated around the night before. She called out to Salthar, mentioning that Alice was sick. Shork felt bad for the girl, but he was more interested in the breakfast the woman offered afterwards. He headed for the house with the intent of asking if he could join them for some food. Upon reaching the door however Shork stopped, waiting for a personal invatation inside.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Snow continued to fall, speckling his robes, but failing to cause him any discomfort. The others were due to meet him in a little over an hour. He was aware that, if the snow and cold kept up, it would make for poor travelling conditions. He was also aware of the urgency of their task. Movement caught his attention, and he recognized Carlotta leaving the Psyrakon house, her face grim.

"Salthar?"
    She said, shivering. "Good morning. I know the girls were supposed to go with you and the others on this trip you have planned. Alice is sick and unless someone agrees to look after her Cilla won't be going either. I'm sorry. Everyone's still welcome for breakfast though. It'll be ready within the hour."

Salthar sighed. "I suppose it was too much to hope everything would go well." He glanced towards the house. "I understand your concern. And I thank you for the invitation" he said, glancing up as Averaine, Lythare, and Torin gathered around. They were curious as to what he and Carlotta had been speaking about. "Alice is sick. It appears, she won't be joining us. Nor will her sister, if no one can look after her" he informed them. Now all he could do was hope nothing else went wrong.

Aethalia

Aliah had rented herself a room, but she didn't bother to sleep. Instead, she stared out the window, watching the snow heavy clouds gather, then break, sending flurries of snow fluttering against the glass panes. When dawn arrived, the clouds thinned enough to release a few rays of sunlight. It didn't last long, however, before more clouds moved in, carrying more clouds, and probably more snow. Estimating that the time was nearing for their departure, she shrugged into her long leather coat, and fastened her swords.

She left the inn, noticing Lythare departing just ahead of her. She followed the wood elf towards the main gate. Snow continued to fall, settling in her hair, colouring the usually red locks with white. As she neared the gates, she saw Salthar and Simus' wife, Carlotta, speaking with Salthar. Several of their companions were there as well, looking concerned. "Alice is sick. It appears, she won't be joining us. Nor will her sister, if no one can look after her" Salthar was saying. Aliah frowned knowing Alice had to be very sick to be unable to accompanying them.

Cilla didn't seem to be sick, and it seemed a little unfair for her to have to stay behind. "Carlotta. I could look after Cilla. She knows me well, and I'd watch after her as if she were my own daughter." Then she shrugged. "And if you don't want to entrust her because of my...darker nature, Julius will be coming along as well"

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice tried to go back to sleep but she couldn't. She was cold but also clammy. She had been sweating at some point due to too many blankets and now that sweat was cold and sticky against her skin and pajamas. This made them uncomfortable now and she wanted to change into a fresh pair but she was too weak to sit up. Her blankets were too heavy to move and she was too weak to try. It was too cold but also too hot. Her body didn't know what it wanted to do and she didn't have the energy to decide. She was also worried. Worried about Cilla, worried about Salthar passing judgment on her. Worried about her mission. What if they failed because she wasn't their to help? What if someone died because she was safe in bed? She gave a tired moan of frustration when Elizabeth came into her room, her presence announced by Alice's door squeaking.

"Alice? I heard you weren't feeling so great. I've brought you some tea with honey. It should help you feel a little better." She took a seat at the foot of the bed, and handed the mug to her. Alice was grateful and tried to look it but all she could muster was a gaunt expression. "Elizabeth? What are you doing here?" She was confused thanks to her spinning head but then remembered what Carlotta said. "That's right. You helped mom put Cilla to bed and then you spent the night here." Her voice was weak and hoarse but she managed a bit of a smile when she realized what Elizabeth was wearing. "Awww...you look adorable in those footie pajamas. You've always looked adorable in them. Did you wear them as a kid? Considering how readily you took to them during our last adventure you seem like you did." Nothing put Alice in a better mood than talking about footie pajamas. Especially while wearing footie pajamas and talking to someone also wearing footie pajamas. She took a sip of her tea and it tasted good. Too hot to take anything more than sips but it made her throat feel better. "Thank you so much. You're the best. I'm so sorry about this. I didn't mean to get sick. Really, I didn't." She set the cup down to have another coughing fit, then laid back down to rest her head. "Mara's mercy...how am I going to explain this to Salthar? Who's going to take care of Cilla? She has to go! She'll be heartbroken if she doesn't! But I have to know that someone's going to take care of her! Gods I feel terrible. I'm hot, I'm clammy and I'm too dizzy to stand up let along walk. What am I gonna do Elizabeth?!" Alice knew she was whining but she also knew that she could express herself around Elizabeth. She, like Aliah, felt like a big sister to Alice and Cilla. The difference was Elizabeth was more of the fun older sister they could hang out with when happy and cuddle with when they were sad while Aliah was more sagely and motherly. A protective guardian as opposed to a huggable friend. "I'm sorry. I'm acting like a baby and...I'm sorry."

Outside, Carlotta stood shin deep in the snow and listened to Aliah's proposal. It was logical but the imperial mother found it dubious at best. "That's very nice of you Aliah but I don't feel comfortable with it. It's not that I don't trust you. You've proven to be a person of character despite your origins and...condition. I have to say no." Both her and Salthar looked like they'd object but Carlotta held up a fur gloved hand to stop them. "Let me finish. I don't know what you all have planned and I don't want to know. I learned far more than I needed to when Alice and Cilla got home from their "trip to Falkreath" last year. But I do know that whatever you all stirred up was it changed my daughters. Not to mention Elizabeth and Julius. You've exposed these four children, and yes, children is exactly the right word, to things they can't forget and don't think I notice. The only reason you all got away with it last time is because an entire village was destroyed and the city was attacked by the most disgusting demons of Oblivion that I've ever seen. You can bet your fangs I would have kept my girls out of it if I could. Now you're asking them to start it up all over again. Well I say no. I can't speak for Elizabeth and Julius but I'm not letting you take my 19 year old daughter on another quest to save the world where she could very well be killed. I most certainly will not let you take my 10 year old daughter, who is far too young to be going to market by herself, let alone fighting Mara-knows-what. Not unless you tell me they're safer with you than here at home where I can protect them. And you'd better have a damn good reason if you tell me that."

She stood in front of the front door and crossed her arms. As if daring any of them to move her. "Now no one's going inside until you answer my question. Are my daughters in enough danger to where they're safer with you than me? Yes? Or no? Don't dodge the question with a bunch of details that I don't give a damn about. Yes? Or no?"

Baneloth

Donath was up well before dawn. It wasn't that he couldn't sleep. He'd been a soldier most of his life, and had gone to sleep many times knowing the next day could be his last. It had stopped bothering him after his first few fights. No, he'd woken up early because he knew it was important to be prepared. His pack, simple leather, held his sleeping roll, and a few other essentials. His cloak, a brown garment he only really used for travelling, he spread on his bed, and looked over it, making sure it was still in good condition. It was nothing fancy, but it was fur lined, and it was better than nothing in the cold north.

Once he'd finished, he glanced outside. There was a little sunlight, but most of it was covered by snow clouds. And the white flakes that were falling, covering the ground. "Guess I'd better go meet the others" he muttered. He donned his cloak, slung his pack over his shoulder, and grabbed his axe.

He was outside few minutes later, trudging through a surprisingly thick layer of snow. Arrived at the gate, where several of his companions stood in a small group. He also noticed the orc mercenary standing around. Wanting to get a feel for the orc when he wasn't howling and threatening to topple things, he approached. "Hello there, lad. Ye ready to head out soon?"He rested his axe against his shoulder as he spoke.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Shork saw that breakfast could be further off than he had initially expected. As he turned around to head to the market for a slice of meat, either raw or cooked, he found a Nord standing in front of him. Who apparently was standing next to him without yet smelling his alcoholic stench.
    "Hello there, lad. Ye ready to head out soon?"
    The Orc was taken aback by the man's desire to converse with him, but didnt show it. Pushing himself up from a slouch against the side of the house to properly express his physical bulk, he looked at the man.
    "I s'pose" Shork muttered gruffly, despite enjoying the ability to finally have a proper conversation. He looked around at the group who had assembled for the mission. "Mostly just here to find some coin to rub toghether, & fast".

With this he pulled out an empty bottle of ale to signify his need for currency. Realising how he might have come off, Shork added "Though taking out a fascist government in the process is a nice bonus. It'll help the Strongholds, anyway. Maybe this job will get me back in their good books". He paused, unsure if the man was interested in what he had to say. Without looking strange he also sniffed in the Nord's direction, taking in a lighter yet noticable smell of alcohol.
    Shork stretched his neck slightly. He went to offer the man an introductory handshake, before noticing some lingering patches of fur on his knuckles. Instead he just crossed his arms. "The name's Shork. Orc of Solstheim, alcoholic werebeast. How 'bout you?"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar could have moved the Imperial out of his way with a simple spell, or tossed her aside like a doll. But, he understood she was worried for her adopted children. Her concerns certainly weren't baseless, though some of her points were a little flawed. "I understand your concern. But what you need to understand, both Alice and Cilla decided to accompany us. What they were exposed to was far beyond the control of either you or me." He stated, his tone matter of fact, but tinged with annoyance. Arguing with her would get nothing accomplished.

"But to answer your question, yes. Events are spiralling out of control, and, not to bore you with the details, there's no guarantee Whiterun will remain 'safe' for much longer" he knew she wouldn't like that, but with the Empire avoiding the issue of the Brotherhood, Whiteruns protection was down to a few ex-stormcloaks, and guardsmen. "You should know by know that I would not allow any harm to come to either Alice or Cilla. And they are not without their own abilities. Aliah has already offered to protect Cilla. I cannot force you to change your mind. I urge you to consider this carefully, but do not take too much time."

Blackwhite1223

Torin learned that Alice had fallen ill, and wouldn't be accompanying the group. And there seemed to be some question as to whether Cilla would be coming with them. Aliah offered to look after the girl, but Carlotta seemed unconvinced. Lythare had joined the group, and Torin took a position beside her, leaving Salthar to try to convince the woman. "Lythare, do you have a moment? I would like to discuss the best route to Riften." He valued the wood elf womans' opinion. She had some obvious skill with woodcraft, and he doubted the trip would be without incident. Though, he had to admit, they had better odds going the longer way, than a straight rush.

Baneloth

Donath eyed the orc as he straightened out of a slouch. 'Damn, he's a big 'un. Nothin' a few axe swipes couldn't handle though'. He listened to what the merc had to say, and was reminded strongly of himself, a few years back. It was already obvious he was a mercenary, though, if there'd been any doubt remaining, the orc himself had just dismissed it. "Y'know, ye kinda remind me of an orc friend of mine. Strong as an ox he was. One time, I saw him lift a cart full of armour once." He shook his head, remembering his friends from the Stormcloak days.

"Bah, but that's not important. So, yer in it for the coin, eh?" Donath shrugged. "Fair enough, I suppose. But a word of warning. Ye double cross me or me friends, and I'll be introducin' ye to me axe." He warned his voice grim. "But if ye make yerself useful, and ye don't need to worry about me botherin' ye" he said. He looked towards the Psyrakon house, where it looked like Salthar and Carlotta were in the middle of an argument. He wondered what it was about, but decided not to pry.

Stormmaiden

Salthar explained that Alice was sick, and Carlotta seemed to have some issue with Cilla coming along on the journey."Lythare, do you have a moment? I would like to discuss the best route to Riften." Torin said, and she nodded, privately glad to be away from the building argument. She thrust her arm out, and Aethos ascended into the snowy sky, content to be left to his own devices. She understood Torin wanting to consult with her. The Rift was primarily made up of forest, and with the pair of them working together would get the company to Riften in good time. "Of course. What route did you have in mind?" There were dozens, if they stayed off the roads, and then quite a few if they stayed on the roads.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts