• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aethalia

Aliah glanced up as the door opened and smiled when she recognized the green garbed ranger. He obviously recognized her, as he made his way across the tavern towards her. "Aliah. You are a sight for sore eyes. Have you heard from any of our other companions lately?"
    "Torin. It is good to see you again, my friend. And no, I only just got here. To my knowledge, Donath is in Solstheim, and Averaine is in High Rock. Shadari I think is busy hunting the mage Blackstone, and Elizabeth has gone off to train with Salthar. But what of you? What news from the wild?"

Blackwhite1223

He listened as Aliah told him what, as far as she knew, had become of their companions. Most of it made sense. Donath and Averaine going to Solstheim and High Rock he understood. All of them had agreed that the people of Tamriel deserved some warning. Even if they were unwilling to listen. "It is good to hear that they are well." He said, and meant it. For most of their journey, Torin had been cautious about trusting most of his companions, Averaine, Salthar and Aliah least of all. But over the course of their quest, he'd come to see them as friends and loyal allies.

"But what of you? What news from the wild?" Torin grimaced. News from the wilds were scarce, and none of it good, or even remotely encouraging. His voice and expression turned grim, and he leaned forwards slightly, so as not to be overheard by the patrons. "Nothing but rumours, and those that seem to be true are of the grim variety. The northern towns and cities have thrown themselves behind this 'whitescar brotherhood'. War is coming. Of that much, I am certain. Roads north are closed, and merchants travel only under heavy guard. There are...whispers of something darker stirring in the cold reaches of the northern mountains, but that is rumour only. Still, I advise caution"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    He listened to her question, and smiled at her, even as the two of them moved on. "As unlikely as it seems, I do indeed need to answer to some. A council of the most powerful wizards in the known world. They make those mages at the college in Winterhold look like bumbling apprentices" he frowned. "Technically, I'm a part of this council, though we seldomly meet. According to this," he lifted the piece of paper, " they received my report on the happenings of last year. And they wish to discuss it, apparently. Perhaps I can discuss this...Azeraile character as well" the sorcerer continued on his way towards the town of Falkreath. Once he and Elizabeth arrived, they entered the Dead Mans' drink, and Salthar stopped dead. He, like most vampires, had the talent to detect others of their kind. There were two such creatures in the tavern, one of whom Salthar immediately recognized. She was sitting with a green cloaked ranger that Salthar recognized as well. Approaching, he smiled down at his two companions from a year ago. "Torin, good to see you again. And Aliah, my dear, it is good to see you again"

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Soon the rest of the family came down for breakfast and after a round of "good morning"s Alice ate in content silence. Julius took a plate and a seat beside her. Conversation was light but talk of the Whitescar Brotherhood, the new faction of pro-Nord extremists and had committed war crimes Ulfric could not, inevitably came up. They had been terrorizing the northern holds, slaughtering non-Nords wherever the were found in Ulfric's name. Most of Skyrim's people and many former Stormcloaks opposed the group. Alice and her father Simus had fought Ulfric after helping him win the civil war against the Empire. He had become the tyrant they had feared and were forced to kill him but they never stopped respecting him. These men deserved no such respect. They were thugs who had no idea what Ulfric tried to stand for and only remembered the most racist and bigoted parts of his army and used that as justification for their "revolution." They insulted his name and deserved to be slaughtered like the monsters they were. Right now Skyrim's legions had orders to observe and contain only, not to counterattack. A frustrating order that neither Alice or Simus agreed with, but Skyrim couldn't afford another war. The Civil War, the Psyrakon Reunification and the defeat of the Thalmor the province was just too fragile.

"I just don't get it." Alice said. "How can those men just...run amok, pretending to be shadows of a man twice as great as they'll ever be? Skyrim's suffered so much. How could anyone look at a group that takes the worst of the Stormcloaks and twists it to justify murder and say 'yeah. I wanna join up'". She looked at Julius, hoping for an answer but not expecting one.[COLOR/]

WindWalker

The others joined them at the breakfast table shortly, and the talk was mostly lighthearted, until it turned to the Whitescars. Julius sighed. He'd heard of them, going about northern Skyrim, pillaging villages and murdering non-Nords. And yet, the Legion couldn't move in and wipe them out. It was very frustrating.

"I just don't get it." Alice said. "How can those men just...run amok, pretending to be shadows of a man twice as great as they'll ever be? Skyrim's suffered so much. How could anyone look at a group that takes the worst of the Stormcloaks and twists it to justify murder and say 'yeah. I wanna join up'"

Julius had the sense she expected him to come up with an explanation. He wasn't exactly great with words, but he tried his best. "They're like most radical groups. They pick and choose what suits them, and they go with it. What they think they're going to accomplish, I don't know. And I don't think they'd just tell us if we asked them" he shrugged. It wasn't a great answer, but it would have to do.

Blackwhite1223

"Torin, good to see you again. And Aliah, my dear, it is good to see you again" The ranger smiled at the vampire sorcerer. He and Salthar hadn't gotten off on great terms, but they'd come to trust one another. And now, Torin had to alert his former companion that all was not well in Skyrim. "Salthar. I've been spreading the word to keep an eye out for odd happenings around Skyrim. As we feared-"

Movement at the opposite corner of the tavern caught his eye. A woman sat their, far too pale to be mortal. He brought one hand to the hilt of his sword, and, moving his lips as little as possible, said "Is she a friend of yours? I've not seen her around these parts before"

(ooc: thought I'd give Boudica a chance to pipe up, if they're still interested?)

willowwisp

"Aliah!" Elizabeth didn't need to feign excitement. She was genuinely happy to see the woman, even if she was a vampire. She wrapped her arms around the vampiress' surprisingly thin frame. "It's so good to see you again. With all the anti-human sentiment going around, I almost feared the worse!"

She shot a smile at Torin as well, the ranger, serious as ever, was busy speaking with Salthar. About what, she could only guess. She wondered if the events would transpire the same as they had a year ago. A number of adventurers going out to determine the cause of disappearances, only to discover something...worse.

It was certainly starting to look that way. But if she had to go into danger again, she preferred to go beside such powerful characters that were assembled in the tavern.

Aethalia

Aliah smiled as the young priestess actually hugged her. She hadn't expected such a warm reunion with Elizabeth, even after a year of not seeing her. "It's so good to see you again. With all the anti-human sentiment going around, I almost feared the worse!"

The vampiress laughed lightly. "It is good to see you too, Elizabeth. And you needn't fear for me. I am quite capable of looking after myself. I hope Salthar has been treating you properly?"

She glanced over at her fellow vampire. He was busy speaking with the ranger, Torin, and she watched him quietly. They'd been...together, a year ago, but circumstances had forced them apart. Now...despite being reunited, she wasn't so sure they should continue with their relationship.

Both of them were vampires, but both wanted...different things. So, instead of an embrace, when Salthar glanced over at her during a pause in his conversation with Torin, she simply inclined her head.

willowwisp

"It is good to see you too, Elizabeth. And you needn't fear for me. I am quite capable of looking after myself. I hope Salthar has been treating you properly?" Elizabeth nodded.

"He has. And he's been teaching me how to cast more powerful spells. Or, at least, he's trying to. I have the feeling I'm the more difficult kind of student." She sighed. "Well, more like 'unteachable'" she laughed lightly, though she felt little mirth.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar glanced at the vampire woman. Normally, he would have challenged a strange vampire in his territory, but today was hardly normal. "We should get moving. We need to be in Whiterun, or at least, I do" he motioned for the others to follow, pulled his hood up, and stepped outside, into the rain, certain the others would follow.

Aethalia

"Well, more like 'unteachable'" Aliah smiled, and shook her head. "You mustn't be so hard on yourself. If he hasn't said so, then he obviously doesn't think you're 'unteachable'. Mastery of anything, be it gardening or swordplay, takes time" she said.

Then Salthar turned to the door announcing his intentions. Aliah followed him. It was still raining, but that hadn't stopped them before, and she doubted it would now. Whiterun wasn't far, but still, the four of them would need to hurry if they were to arrive in the city before noon.

Baneloth

Donath glared at his red armoured companion. "Bah, ye dolt! We're really lost now. I told ye, his place was closer to the damned gates!" The stout Nord growled. The two of them had arrived in Whiterun only a few minutes ago, and Donath, for one, wasn't overly experienced with the city. Most of his life as a soldier for Ulfric, he'd been in the northern reaches of Skyrim. He'd only actually been in Whiterun once or twice, and that had only been at either the inn or the Psyrakons' house. Not that he could remember where it was. Instead of admitting that, he turned a baleful glare at his half-Breton companion.

"Next time, we get one of them damned couriers to find the place. They always know where everything is" he grumbled. They were near the place, that much he could tell. He could also tell that his companion was getting less than kind glances from the Nord in the streets. Whoever had stated that the 'Skyrim for the Nords' attitude was only up in the north, was either blind or deaf. Or both. "There it is" he pointed at the door which he thought would hold the Psyrakons. "Let's go say hello" approaching, he lifted his hand, and hammered on the wooden door. Hard. No one would be able to ignore that.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    The two men, one stout, bald and scarred, the other, slightly taller, with a pale golden complexion, and hazel coloured hair that fell almost to his shoulders, were surely an uncommon street in Whiterun. Averaine Silverblade glanced around the city, searching for the residence of the Psyrakons, and doing his best to ignore his friends grumbling. And the less than friendly stares citizens directed his way. Ulfric Stormcloaks short lived reign might have been over, but his legacy of non-tolerance towards those that weren't pure Nord continued. Even if it was less extreme in the central Whiterun hold.

The half-Breton knight kept a hand on his sword, Goldbrand, just to be safe. With Ulfrics' apparent 'protege' causing a stir in the north, it had become increasingly difficult to go anywhere as a non Nord. The vampire couldn't fathom what the northern 'king' hoped to achieve, besides perhaps start another bloody civil war. One that would separate Skyrim from the rest of Tamriel for good, this time.

"Bah, ye dolt! We're really lost now. I told ye, his place was closer to the damned gates!" Averaines' companion, Donath Stonesplitter growled. The knight couldn't stop a smile from creeping to his face. Despite the mans' rough language, Averaine would rather have him at his side over any battalion of knights any day of the year. The reached an unimpressive house, that could have belonged to any number of people, and Donath brought his fist up, and hammered on the door. Any harder, and he probably would have knocked the planks out of it. Averaine just sighed and crossed his arms.

willowwisp

The vampiress gave her a few inspirational words and Elizabeth felt a little better. Then both vampires stepped out into the rain, leaving her with just Torin in the bar. The ranger seemed lost in his own thoughts, and Elizabeth was certain they'd have more time to talk later. She followed Salthar and Aliah, into the rain, pulling up the hood of her robes. The trip to Whiterun wouldn't be long, but getting their soaking wet would be no fun.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadaris' sensitive ears picked up the sound of a distinctive Nord voice arguing with someone. She made her way down the street, until she noticed a man in red armour, clearly not a Nord, with a familiar face, and a dwarven blade at his side. The man he was speaking with was shorter, bald, and scarred, and had a large axe strapped to his back.She approached, a huntresses' grin coming to her lips. She recognized the two men, and both were what she considered friends. At least, as much as a person like her could have friends.

"Well, well. Donath and Averaine. I didn't expect to see you two again so soon" she said, glancing at the door that Donath had been hammering on. "What brings you back here? I thought you were headed for High rock and Solstheim?"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    The trip from Falkreath to Whiterun was peaceful, and rather dull. The northern forces that seemed to make up the mass of Azerailes fanatical supporters hadn't yet marched south, but Salthar was certain it was only a matter of time. With the fanatic hatred the northern Nords seemed to have developed for those that weren't native to Skyrim, Salthar was surprised they hadn't boiled out of the north already, weapons swinging. In his experience, Nords weren't known for their wisdom or their cunning.

The four of them arrived in the city shortly before noon, and Salthar was appalled by the lack of readiness in Whiterun. Yes, it's crumbling walls had been repaired, but no soldiers manned them. Those that did probably wouldn't have noticed a dragon swooping down on them, and they certainly didn't challenge the four strangers. The guardsmen down on the streets were dressed slovenly, weapons belts, strapped on lazily, swords dangling against their legs, shields more often held by their carrying straps, rather than strapped to the wearers arm. 'We warned them. How bad would it be if we had said nothing?'

The vampire shuddered. It appeared, that Jarl Balgruuf hadn't taken the warning seriously. "This is disgraceful. The fools would be overwhelmed if a single unit of well armed soldiers marched in here, never mind an army" he said softly to Aliah. The vampiress had been strangely silent, but then again, they hadn't seen one another in nearly a year. His keen elven hearing picked up familiar voices, and turned to find three of their former companions. Salthar approached, smiling at the three of them. They were outside a house, and looked like they were waiting on the occupants. "What an odd coincidence." He said, nodding towards their three companions. "It appears we were not the only ones headed to Whiterun"

Aethalia

The trip from Falkreath was silent and swift. Aliah had no problem with that, and in fact, she preferred it. The four of them made their way to the central hold, which had, in recent years, become more of a trading hub than anything. With the end of the civil war, the need for soldiers was declining, at least in the eyes of the jarls. Judging from Salthars' reaction, he couldn't have disagreed more. Aliah had to admit, she was surprised by the carelessness of the guardsmen. They didn't even challenge either Altmer, one of whom still wore his Thalmor robes. 'They do say that peace brings laziness. And this laziness could bring about the end of Whiterun'

She wasn't sure how, exactly, she felt about that. The people of Skyrim were no friends to her, and she'd suffered greatly at their hands. As if acknowledging her thoughts, the long scars on her back burned, reminding her, as if she needed it, of what she'd endured. She shook her head, attempting to clear it, then glanced at Salthar as he began to speak once more. "It appears we were not the only ones headed to Whiterun" she followed his gaze, to see three of their former companions, Averaine, Donath, and Shadari, all standing around a doorway, all seeming like they too, had just met up. "It seems almost as if we were meant to arrive here when we did. We should join them" Aliah decided, approaching the group of three.

Baneloth

"Well, well. Donath and Averaine. I didn't expect to see you two again so soon" Donath recognized the voice immediately, and spun around, his face breaking into a large grin. "Lass!" In a maneuever that probably would have gotten any ordinary Nord disemboweled, he scooped the thin Khajiit assassin up in a huge hug. "It's good te see ye, girl!" He set her down, and stood her at arms length. "Agh, by the gods, ye're skinny, girl. You been eating alright?" The veteran warrior examined the assassin with a critical, almost fatherly eye. Honestly, he was the oldest human of the group, and he felt a certain responsibility to keep the others safe. Not that they really needed it. All of them were trained and experienced at killing.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The rest of the morning was uneventful and the house became filled with everyday activities. Alice dressed and bathed for the day and then decided to go to the market for a little shopping. She hadn't had much time for it recently and her father and stepmother reminded her to enjoy her weekend off. Nevertheless she still went out in her light imperial armor. She didn't take any weapons but she always represented the Imperial Legion and she should look the part. Besides, it made her father proud. Cilla and Mila decided to tag along with their big sister, both in their respective long dresses. This Alice enjoyed as spending time with them was also something she hadn't done in a while. It seemed that turning nineteen carried additional responsibility.

The three girls decided to head home about noon and were laden with boxes of clothes, jewelry, interesting nick knacks and some groceries for dinner. They also took the time to check on the new bosmer girl working Carlotta's stall and she was doing an excellent job. Ever since she had married Simus and by extension his relative wealth Carlotta hadn't had to work her stall all day every day. Simus had enough money to help Carlotta expand her stall into a fulll fledged grocery store and hire two part time employees to help run things, though the original stall was still there to display the most favorite items. Mila had grown up helping her mother and Cilla had learned the trade as the two families became one, but both their parents agreed that they needed to enjoy being children rather than work. They had their entire lives to do that.

Alice led the way home, her body still small as ever but a bit more muscular than before. She was still thin and tiny but no longer made of white sticks. They were gossiping amongst themselves when they saw a large group of very familiar people outside their front door. One of them, a bald and scarred man that had saved Alice and Cilla's lives more than once, was banging on their front door.

"Alice! Look!" Cilla exclaimed. "It's...everybody! Everybody from our adventuring group last year! What are they all doing here!"

"I have no idea!" Alice said in amazement, so shocked that she nearly dropped her groceries. "I say we find out. Let's put our stuff down and welcome them shall we?"

"Yeah!" Mila said. "That's a great idea! Ready when you are Alice!"

They put down their groceries and took positions. The two younger girls ready to sprint toward the members of the group they were most excited to see. Elizabeth had been really nice to Cilla and she wanted to give her the biggest hug in the world. Mila was so excited to see Donath she was ready to burst. Alice was shocked and beyond relieved that Aliah was still breathing and wanted to give her the longest hug she'd ever had.

"On my mark...charge!"

All three of them gave a mock battle cry and blindsided their respective group members with the biggest hug they could muster. Once everyone knew what was happening the girls made their introductions.

"Aliah!" Alice said, voice quavering with relief. "Oh Aliah, it's so good to see you! With everything that's been happening up north I feared the worst!"

"Elizabeth!" Cilla squealed after the healer had taken a moment to register what was happening and could hold Cilla properly. "It's so good to see you again! I thought I'd never see you in forever!"

"Mr. Donath!" Mila squeaked after the old warrior knew what was happening. "It is you! Papa and Alice said you were going away! Do you wanna talk to him? He's probably out back smithing."

(OOC: There we go! Hope you guys liked it and it wasn't to clusterfunky. Obviously some of you guys will see the girls coming and won't be blindsided but it was more fun to write this way."

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari was so surprised by Donaths' reaction, she wasn't fast enough to escape from the bone crushing hug he wrapped her. She managed a surprised gasp, but that was it. Fortunately, he set her down, letting her get her breath back. She smiled, well, grimaced, through Donaths' examination, rubbing her ribs. "I'm eating fine. Next time give a girl a little warning next time, huh?" She said, wincing. The warrior had good intentions, but he was strong.

"It is good to see you again though. Especially in one piece. And you,Averaine" she said, nodding to the vampire knight. A trio of cries drew her attention, and and she spied the three Psyrakon girls rushing towards the group. Shadari stepped away, as one of the girls nearly leapt onto Donath, while the other two latched themselves onto Aliah and Elizabeth. For her part, the assassin kept safely back.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts