• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shahmat2012

Axes or Swords? also Heavy or Light armor? Would Conjuration also go well with the build as you could toss out a pet and beat stuff up?

Axes or Swords? also Heavy or Light armor? Would Conjuration also go well with the build as you could toss out a pet and beat stuff up?

Maces. Seriously, ignore 75% armor is probably the best spec you can get.

Also, heavy armor tree gives you access to better weapons, so I suggest heavy armor.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Honestly the weapon choice really doesn't matter. I use two swords simply for the speed (which is what dual wielding is all about).

Heavy armour is what I went for, specifically because once you get conditioning perk the weight is no longer an issue. You could go for light armour for more stamina, but honestly I have more than enough at level 70, with my health and stamina stealing weapons.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Swords swing faster Axes and Maces, but do less damage than Axes and Maces
Axes swing slower than Swords, but do more damage. They swing faster than Maces, but do less damage.
Maces swing slower than both Swords and Axes, but do more damage than both.

It's really up to personal style. Personally I tend to dislike dual axes because I'd rather have the speed of the sword or the damage of the mace in one hand, but dual wielding axes can certainly be effective. I would probably go with a mace in one hand for the 75% ignore armor and the axe in the other hand for the bleeding damage. Ignoring armor with the mace combined with the damage over time from the axe is an effective combo, but really they are all viable.

Regardless of what you choose, my best advice is to pump a lot into stamina. Power attacks are often what really sway a tough fight and there's nothing worse than running out of stamina and seeing your red health bar dwindle faster than the enemy's while you resort to normal attacks. 3 in stamina, 1 in health every 4 levels is what I use for all my warrior builds and it works very well, at least well enough that I don't feel the need to change it up.

I also play as an orc and prefer heavy armor. When I go into beserk and am in heavy armor while taking half damage, I feel like I'm invincible. 60 seconds doesn't seem like a lot, but it's actually more than enough for most fights.

I like conjuration as a mage, but I tend not to use it as a warrior. The conjured weapons are very effective, especially at early levels, but it's just another skill you have to distribute to when you level up. So instead of just putting your points into one handed, heavy armor, and whatever else, it adds the need to put perks into conjuration, one handed, heavy armor, etc. In the long run it seems to spread me thin. As far as conjured allies like pets and zombies, the warrior typically doesn't need a tanking ally as much as a mage or a thief since he's likely to have more health and amor (typically a sword and board type) and/or higher dps (typically a 2 hander or a dual wielder).

But bottom line, and sorry if I sound like a broken record, play like you want. Skyrim is awesome because there are so many viable builds since they got rid of attribute points. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a dual wielding warrior that specializes in conjuration if that's what you want to do. I could even see it as a viable tactic to distract enemies at range to give you time to close the distance without taking much damage in order to use your melee weapons. Hell, play as one then make a thread about how it works with the armor, weapons, and perks you used and how you distributed magic, health, and stamina. Haha I'd read it.