• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Well if you make the items for 0 casting costs you can get illusion up to 65 in about 2 mins just by multicasting muffle in alternate hands.
That's a great idea! I usually only use one hand when I cast it and have my sword in the other.

Nighthiker77

Muffle spell is silent at 100% muffle. Most pf the pre-enchanted boots are only 50% but that stacks with the muffle perk to make 100%. Anything you enchant yourself will have a 100% muffle even if you use a petty soul gem, the way I understand it. I use petties for sale and grand for myself anyway just in case.

Daelon DuLac

Muffle spell is silent at 100% muffle. Most pf the pre-enchanted boots are only 50% but that stacks with the muffle perk to make 100%. Anything you enchant yourself will have a 100% muffle even if you use a petty soul gem, the way I understand it. I use petties for sale and grand for myself anyway just in case.
Yeah, I always use black when enchanting for myself. I always end up with so many... wait... what does that say about me...

How is dragonscale, by the way? I've been very satisfied with the look and use of my ebony, but I'm looking for a good light armor that I can perk up to good levels (not as high as heavy obviously, but something) as I want to start doing the Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood storylines. I do have 100 in smithing and enchantments (and have plenty of enhancements).

Would appreciate opinions.

I guess it's what you prioritize more, stats, heavy or light, looks or whatever, but personally I think the dragon scale armor looks ugly but I don't think an armor made of parts of dead dragon is suppose to look fancy :D I don't care for the dragonplate or daedric armor either as I like light armor, I upgraded it to legendary and sold it and went back to my nightingale armor which is only at Epic. So I'm wearing nightingale armor with dragon scale gauntlets and boots (Which I still need to upgrade) but I think my dude looks badass. He has the black shrouded hood with the archery bonus too, then a legendary daedric bow and glass arrows.

Zhengi is right, I need to get my enchanting up so I can upgrade my stats more now, double enchantments would be cool.

You need to find or buy any other item with that effect to disenchant it and apply the enchantment to your dragon boots. I would suggest to check in Solitude ( the appeal store ). She got the best selection of enchanted necklaces and most likely you will find what you need, although it will be very expensive ( 3,500 - 5000 ).
Although you can enchant dragon boots with the sneaking skill, I found out that you make more noise than if you wear a different type of boots. I personally wear this :
- Savos Aren Arch-Mage armor ( a unique armor that only I can wear but nobody else )
- Dawnguard light gloves and boots
- Circlet
- Necklace and ring

All of them properly enchanted. My boots are enchanted with One-handed + Sneaking and I don’t make any noise when crouching or walking but I guess the noise is minimized by the fact that I also do have all the perks in my sneaking skill tree. Just my 2 cents. ... :)

Def gonna go check around solitude today then! I don't care how expensive it is, I can always get more money.

Daelon DuLac

I guess it's what you prioritize more, stats, heavy or light, looks or whatever, but personally I think the dragon scale armor looks ugly but I don't think an armor made of parts of dead dragon is suppose to look fancy :D I don't care for the dragonplate or daedric armor either as I like light armor, I upgraded it to legendary and sold it and went back to my nightingale armor which is only at Epic. So I'm wearing nightingale armor with dragon scale gauntlets and boots (Which I still need to upgrade) but I think my dude looks badass personally. He has the black shrouded hood with the archery bonus too, then a legendary daedric bow and glass arrows.

Zhengi is right, I need to get my enchanting up so I can upgrade my stats more now, double enchantments would be cool.
Yeah. I looked at some screen prints of the dragon armor and it's pretty ugly. I like ebony myself but am looking for a light for a couple of quests. I think I might just go for scaled (too bad they don't have chain - I luv that stuff). Just did myself a kick-a** daedric bow to try it out. Now for a couple of swords (1 handed & two handed). I agree with you that Daedric and Dragon are just too flamboyant as armors for my taste and I am definately not a fan of elven or glass (too pretty). I love the nightengale look, but I'd need to go through the entire thieves guild quest before i even got it.

John Floras

Yeah. I looked at some screen prints of the dragon armor and it's pretty ugly. I like ebony myself but am looking for a light for a couple of quests. I think I might just go for scaled (too bad they don't have chain - I luv that stuff). Just did myself a kick-a** daedric bow to try it out. Now for a couple of swords (1 handed & two handed). I agree with you that Daedric and Dragon are just too flamboyant as armors for my taste and I am definately not a fan of elven or glass (too pretty). I love the nightengale look, but I'd need to go through the entire thieves guild quest before i even got it.

How do you like the bow? :D When I first started some weeks ago a bow wasn't practical with the low damage and my low health, I got the axe of whiterun right away, then after the companion quest got the wuuthrad but ever since I crafted this heavenly (or hellishly) thing I haven't looked back, it's so satisfying lining up a shot and letting go of the string to see that kill cam come up of the arrow piercing through their chest/head, way funner than just running in swinging away, takes more skill too imo. I have my difficulty kind of low though so I get a lot of 1 hit kills which give me that badass feeling, I don't know how it would be higher up.

Daelon DuLac

How do you like the bow? :D When I first started some weeks ago a bow wasn't practical with the low damage and my low health, I got the axe of whiterun right away, then after the companion quest got the wuuthrad but ever since I crafted this heavenly (or hellishly) thing I haven't looked back, it's so satisfying lining up a shot and letting go of the string to see that kill cam come up of the arrow piercing through their chest/head, way funner than just running in swinging away, takes more skill too imo. I have my difficulty kind of low though so I get a lot of 1 hit kills which give me that badass feeling, I don't know how it would be higher up.
It's really not all that much better than my ebony bow that I was using, but I like the look of it and have added an extra enchantment (fire & shock) to it so it's pretty kick-a**. The red and black look is really cool. I've been using the same 2 ebony 2 handers for ages now but I'm putting together a couple of daedrics with the same functions, along with a one handed and a dagger. Now I just need to decide on armor.

Nighthiker77

It doesn't take that long to get the Nightingale Armor if you stay in the main thieves guild questline and save the side stuff for later, or you could get the shrouded in under 10 minutes. Or do the Cidna Mine quest for the old gods set. Or saviors hide(go back and kill the werewolf anyway). Tons of options.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
How is dragonscale, by the way? I've been very satisfied with the look and use of my ebony, but I'm looking for a good light armor that I can perk up to good levels (not as high as heavy obviously, but something) as I want to start doing the Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood storylines. I do have 100 in smithing and enchantments (and have plenty of enhancements).

Would appreciate opinions.

Personally, I like to wear what nobody else can. I switch between Dragonbone armor ( light ), the white armor you get by killing the curator right before getting the Auriel’s bow, the Nittingale armor ( only, not the gloves, boots, etc ) and my Savos Aren Arch-Mage armor. But if I had to choose only one, I will pick my Arch-mage armor combined with light gloves and boots from Dawnguard or Thalmor. The Nittingale armor is also kept by the other Thieve Guild guy and Karliah, but the Arch-mage armor from Savos Aren, is unique, not one in the game but you, wear that armor. For my surprise, I thought this armor did not allow me to wear a circlet, so till one week ago that I found out I could and I am very happy because before, I was loosing one item from being enchanted ( the hood or circlet ) but now, I know that I can wear a circlet and that I can enchanted as well and this is the armor that I am wearing from now on. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

orca45

The spell only lasts 30 seconds and sometimes they see you recasting. It works great for killing or sneaking past a few people, not so good if there's a lot of people.

Yes and no !! I found out nothing beats a high sneaking level for killing without being seen. If you use an invisibility potion or the spell, they “sense” you, and if you open a door, chest or kill somebody, the invisibility effect will go away, leaving you completely exposed to enemies. On the other side, if your sneaking level is high and if you enchanted one of your items with a very powerful enchanting to increase sneaking, you are COMPLETELY INVISIBLE and UNDETECTABLE, not matter if you open a chest, door, kill or whatever you do; they won’t be able to even “sense” you or know if you are there or not, especially if you have the Shadow Warrior Perk. So in my humble opinion, nothing beats this skill ... IF YOU have it leveled via enchanting. I have made invisibility potions that allow me to stay invisible for 8 minutes or more if I want to, but ... TO WHAT END ? Instead, with my sneaking increased as I said, I am completely invisible and undetectable and of course, a better killer.
Think about it : I do not have the need to carry health potions because they can not see me so they can not harm me at all; less weight to carry and more weight available for me to carry stuff that I pick in combat. This is only one of the several benefits of having this skill leveled and maximized via alchemy / enchanting. I will never look back after I found out and started to use this skill as my best way to handle myself in Skyrim. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

orca45

I need something dark.

Right now I'm wondering about Falmer armour as the other suggestions are just too "tribal" looking for my taste.

The Nittingale ( just the armor ) combined with Thalmor gloves and boots, make you looks almost kind of black. I found one black hood from a vampire that I killed close to Windhelm and that is the only black hood in more than 1 thousand hours playing Skyrim. It was a black vampire hood ( that was the name provided ) and unenchanted so I proceeded to enchant it and I do have it, but again, it does not matter if you look white, black or grey, if your sneaking skill is very high and boosted up with enchanting, they won’t be able to see you at all. Unfortunately, Bethesda did not think about letting us have Black mage hoods or any other and they random and very rare. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

Daelon DuLac

The Nittingale ( just the armor ) combined with Thalmor gloves and boots, make you looks almost kind of black. I found one black hood from a vampire that I killed close to Windhelm and that is the only black hood in more than 1 thousand hours playing Skyrim. It was a black vampire hood ( that was the name provided ) and unenchanted so I proceeded to enchant it and I do have it, but again, it does not matter if you look white, black or grey, if your sneaking skill is very high and boosted up with enchanting, they won’t be able to see you at all. Unfortunately, Bethesda did not think about letting us have Black mage hoods or any other and they random and very rare. Just my 2 cents ... ;)
I agree, I like the nightengale, but that means I'll need to start the thieves questline in my heavy armor. I was looking for something else to wear and someone suggested scaled (just nasty looking to me after I made it). I need something sleeker so I'm going to look at leather and see what I can come up with. If nothing else, I do have all the sneak perks so I can just continue to wear my ebony for the time being. I think my options are kind of limited as I don't any of the DLCs.

orca45

I agree, I like the nightengale, but that means I'll need to start the thieves questline in my heavy armor. I was looking for something else to wear and someone suggested scaled (just nasty looking to me after I made it). I need something sleeker so I'm going to look at leather and see what I can come up with. If nothing else, I do have all the sneak perks so I can just continue to wear my ebony for the time being. I think my options are kind of limited as I don't any of the DLCs.

How about the Ebony Mail ? This armor although it is heavy, has been made for sneaking since it will allow you to move silently and beside, you will poison your enemies as they get closer to you. If you combine this armor with light gloves and boost from thalmor wizard, they you will be kind of lighter and quieter till you get the Nittingale or simply stay with the dragonscale light armor ( in full ) and you will be fine as well.
How about the Savos Aren Arch-Mage armor ? Have you done that yet ? If not, this armor is very nice, unique and very super light and will enhance magic for you. But remember bro, it does not matter what you are wearing as far as your sneaking skill is high and you enchant your armor and items, you will be silent and undetectable by enemies. Don’t forget that, just my 2 cents ... ;)

Daelon DuLac

How about the Ebony Mail ? This armor although it is heavy, has been made for sneaking since it will allow you to move silently and beside, you will poison your enemies as they get closer to you. If you combine this armor with light gloves and boost from thalmor wizard, they you will be kind of lighter and quieter till you get the Nittingale or simply stay with the dragonscale light armor ( in full ) and you will be fine as well.
How about the Savos Aren Arch-Mage armor ? Have you done that yet ? If not, this armor is very nice, unique and very super light and will enhance magic for you. But remember bro, it does not matter what you are wearing as far as your sneaking skill is high and you enchant your armor and items, you will be silent and undetectable by enemies. Don’t forget that, just my 2 cents ... ;)
Yup. Wearing ebony now. Going to get a falmer helmet and trick it out as well so that I can wear my dragon mask as well. I did not know that ebony poisoned opponents. Really? That's cool. I've been wearing mine for ages and have it all tricked up now and love the look (Daedric is just to flamboyant). Thanks! If you can let me know about the poisoning thing, I'd appreciate it. I haven't hit the "Savos Aren" thing yet, but I'm still pretty early in to the game.

Daelon DuLac

The Ebony Mail is a unique Daedric quest item, different from your regular ebony armor
Oooo... now I'm excited. Isn't it Bothia or something? I know I need to do it, but I haven't decided which one of my followers to use yet (or at least the one that I like the least).

orca45

Oooo... now I'm excited. Isn't it Bothia or something? I know I need to do it, but I haven't decided which one of my followers to use yet (or at least the one that I like the least).

Yes, it is a unique armor and allow you to move silently and you poison your enemies as they get closer. I think they get 5 points of poision per second and while you are wearing it, as soon as you are about to get closer to enemies, it will turn black and will start to expel the poison which at the same time, make you aware of enemies even before you see them. You need to bring a follower and sacrifice your follower at the Shrine or altar of Boethiah to gain Boethiah’s favor and prior quest to retrieve the Ebony Mail that she grants you as a reward once you kill the previous “champion”. I chose Jenassa as my follower. I paid her 500 as a mercenary to follow me and I sacrificed her. She is a drunk and I did not want to sacrifice Lydia or Serana instead. You will love this armor. ;)

Daelon DuLac

Yes, it is a unique armor and allow you to move silently and you poison your enemies as they get closer. I think they get 5 points of poision per second and while you are wearing it, as soon as you are about to get closer to enemies, it will turn black and will start to expel the poison which at the same time, make you aware of enemies even before you see them. You need to bring a follower and sacrifice your follower at the Shrine or altar of Boethiah to gain Boethiah’s favor and prior quest to retrieve the Ebony Mail that she grants you as a reward once you kill the previous “champion”. I chose Jenassa as my follower. I paid her 500 as a mercenary to follow me and I sacrificed her. She is a drunk and I did not want to sacrifice Lydia or Serana instead. You will love this armor. ;)
Cool! I don't know who Jenessa is or where to find her, but I have an obnoxious, pretentious mage I know of at the College I'd love to off or even a mercenary that I barely know in Solitude. I'll find someone. Do I have to take them for the whole trip or can I go and get them when I get to that section. I hate followers and tag alongs and never use them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts