• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I love my dragonscale boots, the way they look and everything but switching from nightingale boots to these, I can tell drastic difference in being able to be detected, way harder to be an assassin or hunt.
So id really like to enchant these if it's possible with a sneaking ability, but the only two I have come across so far is the thieves guild boots and nighingale boots and those are special items.. Is there anything I can find easily with a decent sneaking bonus that I can learn its effects from to combine to my dragonscale boots?

also, id like to make my dragonscale gauntlets have a lockpicking or some other useful stealth effect, but the dragonscale boots is what i have prioritized most.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I would say check the shops and random loot. I would do that to just get your enchanting to a decent enough level for it to be worth it. I know it sounds like a pain, but that is the best way.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Fortify_Sneak here is a short list of boosts to sneaking until you find the enchanted ring necklace or boots, I would use the Alchemy recipe they have here. Is it as good? Hell no! But a little boost to tie you over is better than nothing right?

Thanks yeah I'm just gonna have to do some more exploring I guess, nothing wrong with that!
the potion idea, Idk the concept of the idea sounds good, but when it comes to actually doing it, that sounds like a lot of work for a lazy coot like me. :D i just thought maybe there was a place to get something like this that isn't just a random occurrence but if everything was that easy it wouldn't be fun.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
At least one ingredient is really common. Ironically the rest look annoyingly rare :p but While you are just adventuring looking for loot just keep an eye out :D

You want the muffle enchantment but it is very rare. Just keep checking every merchant you pass that sells armour until you get something with it on. Or you could just cast the muffle spell which is also total silence or take the silence perk in the sneak skill tree. Same thing.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Unless you have some reason not to level Illusion, Muffle the spell is where it's at. Remembering to cast it or checking to see if it's still on can be somewhat annoying at times but you're rarely in a situation where you don't have some breathing room before a fight that you can't recast it. Adding Illusion's Quiet Casting perk makes it even better. You can practically cast it in their faces AND the perk also affects your Shouts.

Don't have enough Magicka to cast it? I recommend carrying some Elsweyr Fondue with you. It boosts Magicka by 100, adds +25% to your Magicka regeneration, lasts a good long time, and is cheesy goodness in a bowl. Try it!

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I love my dragonscale boots, the way they look and everything but switching from nightingale boots to these, I can tell drastic difference in being able to be detected, way harder to be an assassin or hunt.
So id really like to enchant these if it's possible with a sneaking ability, but the only two I have come across so far is the thieves guild boots and nighingale boots and those are special items.. Is there anything I can find easily with a decent sneaking bonus that I can learn its effects from to combine to my dragonscale boots?

also, id like to make my dragonscale gauntlets have a lockpicking or some other useful stealth effect, but the dragonscale boots is what i have prioritized most.

You need to find or buy any other item with that effect to disenchant it and apply the enchantment to your dragon boots. I would suggest to check in Solitude ( the appeal store ). She got the best selection of enchanted necklaces and most likely you will find what you need, although it will be very expensive ( 3,500 - 5000 ).
Although you can enchant dragon boots with the sneaking skill, I found out that you make more noise than if you wear a different type of boots. I personally wear this :
- Savos Aren Arch-Mage armor ( a unique armor that only I can wear but nobody else )
- Dawnguard light gloves and boots
- Circlet
- Necklace and ring

All of them properly enchanted. My boots are enchanted with One-handed + Sneaking and I don’t make any noise when crouching or walking but I guess the noise is minimized by the fact that I also do have all the perks in my sneaking skill tree. Just my 2 cents. ... :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
How is dragonscale, by the way? I've been very satisfied with the look and use of my ebony, but I'm looking for a good light armor that I can perk up to good levels (not as high as heavy obviously, but something) as I want to start doing the Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood storylines. I do have 100 in smithing and enchantments (and have plenty of enhancements).

Would appreciate opinions.

Nighthiker77

Just wear the shrouded or ancient shrouded or mix in the Nightingale. They are plenty good enough, especially if you have good smithing.

Daelon DuLac

Just wear the shrouded or ancient shrouded or mix in the Nightingale. They are plenty good enough, especially if you have good smithing.
Since I don't know what shrouded anything is and have only heard about nightingale, I'm assuming they've something to do with the DB and Thieves Questlines. Am I right?

Nighthiker77

Yes, shrouded is the very beginning of dark brotherhood or destroy dark brotherhood, ancient shrouded about 2/3 through dark brotherhood, and Nightingale about 3/4 through thieves guild.

Daelon DuLac

Yes, shrouded is the very beginning of dark brotherhood or destroy dark brotherhood, ancient shrouded about 2/3 through dark brotherhood, and Nightingale about 3/4 through thieves guild.
Thank you. I'm actually looking for something to begin their quests with (I'm wearing heavily enchanted ebony right now).

Nighthiker77

The Silence perk is the easiest and most absolute way to muffle yourself, but the muffle enchantment is awesome because you can muffle your followers too

Daelon DuLac

The Silence perk is the easiest and most absolute way to muffle yourself, but the muffle enchantment is awesome because you can muffle your followers too
Fortunately I have the spell and it's very energy concious. Wish I could find the invisibility spell though. That would be kickin'. At 100 in sneak, nobody ever hears me anyhow, so I don't use muffle very often (except with vampires).

Nighthiker77

The spell only lasts 30 seconds and sometimes they see you recasting. It works great for killing or sneaking past a few people, not so good if there's a lot of people.

Daelon DuLac

The spell only lasts 30 seconds and sometimes they see you recasting. It works great for killing or sneaking past a few people, not so good if there's a lot of people.
30 seconds? I can create a potion that last for 2 minutes. I guess the spell is pointless then. I'll stick with muffle when I need it. I think there's a silence spell too.

30 seconds? I can create a potion that last for 2 minutes. I guess the spell is pointless then. I'll stick with muffle when I need it. I think there's a silence spell too.

It's a long way from pointless but you do need to be able to rapidly cast it over and over again if you are going to take on any large numbers of bad guys. You also need silent casting. Best used with 4 enchanted items to drop the illusion spell cost to 0.

Used with silent casting and muffle you can rapidly clear a room with back stab. Just kill and recast. It doesn't matter that they see where you were just recast, move, crouch and stab again. Kill after kill after kill.

Edit: as for getting the spell, buy it at the college once your illusion skill hits 65.

Daelon DuLac

It's a long way from pointless but you do need to be able to rapidly cast it over and over again if you are going to take on any large numbers of bad guys. You also need silent casting. Best used with 4 enchanted items to drop the illusion spell cost to 0.

Used with silent casting and muffle you can rapidly clear a room with back stab. Just kill and recast. It doesn't matter that they see where you were just recast, move, crouch and stab again. Kill after kill after kill.

Edit: as for getting the spell, buy it at the college once your illusion skill hits 65.
To bad I'm not a mage. I suppose if I actually cast some illusion spells I could get it up there though. Pretty much I just use the heal spells and the occassional fire-ball. Hmmm...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts