Dragons. Who wants more variety?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you want to see more types of dragons in the next DLC package?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMagicPudding

In relationship with Skyrim.
A thread on these forums made me realize that there is absolutely no variation in the types of dragons we battle in Skyrim, only Fire and Frost. I believe that in the next DLC package they should incorporate new types of dragons in Skyrim. Don't you feel that way?

Here are some of my ideas:

Poison Dragon
Type: Poison
Appearance: Smaller than the fire and frost dragons, as well as being skinnier. This allows them to be swifter overall (attacking, flying, crawling).
Behaviour: They prefer to fight on land rather than in the air (travelling is a different case). Sometimes when fighting in the air, they swoop down to pick up their prey, or alternatively land on top and crush their enemies.
Attributes: They do not breathe elements, but bite and slash (claws) to inflict potent poison. Resistance to poison and disease. Weakness to shock damage.

Shock Dragon
Type: Shock
Appearance: Relatively the same size as the fire and frost dragons. A natural electrical current flows through their bodies and this is seen on the surface of their skin. Their tails are much longer than fire and frost dragons.
Behaviour: They neither prefer fighting on ground or air, but a bit of both (like fire and frost dragons). Instead of breathing electricity (which would be a bit weird), they channel their natural flow of electricity out at the tip of their tail.
Attributes: Resistance to shock. Steel and Iron weapons drain their magicka quicker (do they even have magicka? If not then it drains their health).

So, as a community of Skyrim. Do you guys have any other ideas for different types of dragons? If you do post it on this thread using the same descriptions above.

Lucien Lachance

Speaker of the Black Hand
Dark Dragon
Type: Dark (kinda redundant)
Appearance: Think Shadowmere. A bit bigger than your average dragon. Entire body is black, with red eyes. The edges of the body might be a little wispy and vague, almost like a shadow. The actual body and tail is rather slender, but its wingspan is enormous.
Behavior: Using the massive wings to its advantage, the dark dragon is usually airborne. It swoops down every now and then for an occasional slash or bite, but combating this one with a sword will be tough. In the air, it doesn't breathe any type of element. Instead, it uses a powerful drain health spell. (So the animation looks like it is sucking the life out of you) It is also very fast. It darts around the area, and is quite potent at dodging arrows. When weakened, it will flee. It may return days or weeks later, with full health. There is only one in the game, so if you kill it, it's gone.
Attributes: This dragon may seem overpowered, but it is actually rather weak. It was a 50% weakness to normal weapons, and a 200% weakness to melee weapons (hence giving warriors a break). Unfortunately, it also carries a 25% resistance to frost, fire, and shock. A strong ward should be enough to negate most of the drain health spell. Plus, it only has about as much HP as a Frost Bear.

It might sound cliche and overused, but I still like it. If I was any good at drawing, I would draw it. But I'm not, so I won't.

TheMagicPudding

In relationship with Skyrim.
Dark Dragon
Type: Dark (kinda redundant)
Appearance: Think Shadowmere. A bit bigger than your average dragon. Entire body is black, with red eyes. The edges of the body might be a little wispy and vague, almost like a shadow. The actual body and tail is rather slender, but its wingspan is enormous.
Behavior: Using the massive wings to its advantage, the dark dragon is usually airborne. It swoops down every now and then for an occasional slash or bite, but combating this one with a sword will be tough. In the air, it doesn't breathe any type of element. Instead, it uses a powerful drain health spell. (So the animation looks like it is sucking the life out of you) It is also very fast. It darts around the area, and is quite potent at dodging arrows. When weakened, it will flee. It may return days or weeks later, with full health. There is only one in the game, so if you kill it, it's gone.
Attributes: This dragon may seem overpowered, but it is actually rather weak. It was a 50% weakness to normal weapons, and a 200% weakness to melee weapons (hence giving warriors a break). Unfortunately, it also carries a 25% resistance to frost, fire, and shock. A strong ward should be enough to negate most of the drain health spell. Plus, it only has about as much HP as a Frost Bear.

It might sound cliche and overused, but I still like it. If I was any good at drawing, I would draw it. But I'm not, so I won't.
That sounds awesome.

J747L

IIRC the lore of Dungeons and Dragons (Dragons of course lol) is rich in variety.

Among a few I could remember, Blue dragon, Copper Dragon, White dragons, and Red Dragons. Each color even comes with alignment and specific elemental attack.

eskimoletdinov

Dual Wield Warrior
Im not that bothered about actual variety of standard dragons, I want more unique dragons that drop maybe 1 piece of a unique armor set that can only be found by killing these dragons. that would make my day. maybe each full unique set gives extra bonuses like in a few other rpg games. would make having some of the best armor more of a challenge and more fun, and in turn hopefully have a group of power dragons that would give you a really good run for your money

Allet

Article Writer
Whatever kind they incorporate, I hope they take a bit of the level scaling more seriously. It would be nice if there were some breeds of dragon that you simply DID NOT FIGHT alone, at least until you were obscenely high level and/or rich.

For example, my mage (granted only low level, but still) can easily dispose of most dragons. If I find a Razorback Horntailed Black Monstrosity of Doom, it should demand the help of an ally and a conjured elemental or two at lower levels - at least a little bit of help at the higher levels.

Ooh, and the ultra-rare variety that you dare not take on unless you have a whole city's watch helping you out. But alas - this will probably come in the FAR future, if at all :p

SaveVsBedWet

IIRC the lore of Dungeons and Dragons (Dragons of course lol) is rich in variety.

Among a few I could remember, Blue dragon, Copper Dragon, White dragons, and Red Dragons. Each color even comes with alignment and specific elemental attack.

Blue, black, green, silver, white, gold, chromatic, red, and copper. Remember them pretty well, lol.

I can swear that two dragons souls back I defeated one that was spitting out lightning at me. It surely wasn't frost and of course wasn't fire which would be obvious. But sure - I would hope that there were a large variety of dragon types in the game.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
I wanna see Hydra's, Sea-dragons, and maybe some other mythical dragons that were only on teh gameboard while playing Dungeon's and Dragons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts