• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vexxon

Just something i noticed that really helped me with slaying the dragons. They will attack anything in sight, so next time you are caught in a clearing and happen to see a mammoth or other npc near by - run to them. The dragon will attack them and you can flank while it is distracted with its next charcoal dinner!

Kasha

Yep that happen to me, it got in a fight with a giant!

nicholashitt

I wonder if you could drag the dragon into a village and watch the onslaught. I'd come to the aid of the citizens of course....for a price. ;-)

Hitmanjaret

youtube.com/hitmanjaret
I wonder if you could drag the dragon into a village and watch the onslaught. I'd come to the aid of the citizens of course....for a price. ;-)
I was in a town once when one attacked the town I was in, the town guard did a great job of killing it. ;)

Eturnus

i was near some springs when i was attacked by a dragon, as it was circling me i had one of those "where did it go?" moments, followed the red dot on my compas a little way off, only to realise that mid-attack the dragon must of noticed a bandit camp and started attacking them. Needless to say, not only did i get a shiny new dragon soul to spend, but also got to loot some bandits. Yay Dragon!

SkanTheMan

Masked Monster
I was finishing a quest just outside of a town (folkreath i believe) and a dragon swooped down and burnt my quest target to a crisp.. quest failed :sadface: not cool mr. dragon but the people in the town helped me kill him :) and another soul for me ha!

Nick K

I myself found this hard to believe, but bear with me. The second dragon I ever saw was while I was being chased by three mammoths. I cursed at them as they all combined to defeat my ultimate prowess (joke). I then left the mammoths alone (after respawning) to try to get the dragon to come down. After 5 minutes of hard work, the dragon lands in the mammoth base. I was all like "Hooray mammoth tusks for me" when the dragon gets absolutely annihilated. I creep up and absorb its soul while mammoths roar at me. Pretty fun experience, can anyone tell me how to level up shouts you already have? Do you have to find new words?

MADDOGmjb

I actually saw a dragon fight another dragon. I got a free soul out of it and it was awesome to watch. Score, right? Frost vs. Fire. Any guesses as to which won?

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Frost, fire cannot kill dragons!

Vexxon

I myself found this hard to believe, but bear with me. The second dragon I ever saw was while I was being chased by three mammoths. I cursed at them as they all combined to defeat my ultimate prowess (joke). I then left the mammoths alone (after respawning) to try to get the dragon to come down. After 5 minutes of hard work, the dragon lands in the mammoth base. I was all like "Hooray mammoth tusks for me" when the dragon gets absolutely annihilated. I creep up and absorb its soul while mammoths roar at me. Pretty fun experience, can anyone tell me how to level up shouts you already have? Do you have to find new words?
Yes you have to learn new words in order for the shout to become stronger.

UberKiwi

My experience and blessing turned into a curse... a dragon attacked as i was in a village.. and the town guards ran to my aid... sadly i didnt notice my wild swinging must have been hitting some guards too because as soon as the fight ended with the dragon.. the 3 guards jumped me and killed me. I did get to see my mutilated corpse absorb the dragon soul.. but that was small comfort

Fire can kill dragons, jus dont use It on fire dragons its rubbish. But is very effective agains frost dragons, i love dual cast fireball, actually works better than lightning against frost dragons.

And really two dragons fighting would be cool to watch. I have walked past 1 of thoses camps that seem to hate deer lol. You know they wear fur and dear helmets, and the men are undead... Any way two dragons attacked at the same time. But they didnt seem to relise I am the baddest mutherf@&£@r in skyrim. So i killed em all and took two souls along the way :D.

SkanTheMan

Masked Monster
Yea I thought fire against frost would work fairly well. I dont use magic and so i pretty much only use shouts like fire breath if i need fire damage.
It would be quite a fight having to deal with two haha but dang you must be a serious bada#s lol although i can see it being done but it would just take longer and good cover would be ideal.
Only time i have had trouble with trying to kill a dragon was when i was shooting it with a bow with medium to low health when a saber tooth cat attacked me from behind and ruined everything :/

SkanTheMan

Masked Monster
I seem to only get attacked by dragons in towns. I never see them anywhere else.
I almost wish more of mine have been closer to towns it would make it much easier although the thrill of seeing a dragon and frantically searching for some cover from which to fire at it with my bow is unmatched

It really is a dynamic game, i run into dragons ALOT..

Im lvl 18 now and am archmage of winterholme college. i havent really used a weapon since the first mission when i realised i already had a few spells :)..

i dont find fighting dragons too diffifult, as long as theres a rock or something to hide behind when they try to incinarate me im fine. but i can imagine it would be harder if i tried to attack them with a sword, with big baddies i can only survive a few hits, considering i wear robes and a mask lol :p...

but saying that ALERT LITTLE SPOILER --------------- i did finish of alduine with the dragonbane sword (+20 damage to dragons and +10 shock damage to others).,, but that was mainly because he was distracted and i thoughd id give it a go...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts