• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tateanium

Ok, so is it just me or are the Daedric and Dragonbone weapons and Armour still superior to the new smithing options. Did i see it differently my initial few hours of playing the dlc?

zane

were you really expecting something different? ._. lorewise Daedric is supposedly top tier aside from some mystical stuff if im wrong.

and dragonbone is special within itself, seeing how its made from dragons, which are directly linked to Akatsoh.

I was hoping that Miraaks weapon would be a lot stronger, but hey longer battles aren't bad :3

Tateanium

Yup, i suppose i was expecting something more lol. I love this game and i will take what i can get from it, i think the carved nordic stuff is pretty cool, but i'm not into the look of bonemold or chitin and Morag Tong. As an xbox 360 Skyrim player i really wish i had it on PC to get all the mods, but there would go another 300+ hours of play time! I havent seen Deathbrand or Stalhrim yet, any pictures around?

zane

I have the DLC, but I'm only level 11 (new character), and I have 16 smithing. Is there a level that you need to be to smith the new weapons and armors?

you need advanced armor perks for the nordic carved armor i do believe, as for the others, im not sure.

Yup, i suppose i was expecting something more lol. I love this game and i will take what i can get from it, i think the carved nordic stuff is pretty cool, but i'm not into the look of bonemold or chitin and Morag Tong. As an xbox 360 Skyrim player i really wish i had it on PC to get all the mods, but there would go another 300+ hours of play time! I havent seen Deathbrand or Stalhrim yet, any pictures around?

I totally understand and agree xD - Im not sweating it much though. By the time i save up the money for the pc setup i want, the game will probably have a GOTY edition, with all DLC out and finished with.

This is where I'll get it for pc and mod the crap out of it for my own personal playground xD.

And I don't have my own screenshots, but i know they are on the net. They're pretty cool - I do have both helms though, and stalhrim boots.

You'll eventually see full stalhrim on a loading screen though. Make sure you do the mine quest in raven rock by the way.

Eidelon

ESCERNIES ESCORAE IDELION ESCAVERMES ESCERIOS
No but they look really cool, except for the Stahlrim armor looks like it has glasses

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
As an xbox 360 Skyrim player i really wish i had it on PC to get all the mods, but there would go another 300+ hours of play time! I havent seen Deathbrand or Stalhrim yet, any pictures around?

I have just got a new PC and bought Skyrim :D

It's a good thing I'm off work all weekend :D

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I have the DLC, but I'm only level 11 (new character), and I have 16 smithing. Is there a level that you need to be to smith the new weapons and armors?
You need the Ebony smithing perk to create Stalhrim armor.

Not sure what perk Bonemold falls under, but it's either Steel, Elven, Dwarven, or Orcish, since those are all I had when I started the DLC and I was able to craft Bonemold right away.

I'm unable to craft Chitin armor, so I can definitely say it doesn't fall under Steel, Elven, Dwarven, Orcish, or Ebony. If you can craft it at all, I'm guessing it'll fall under the Advanced Armor perk.

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
Chitin armor falls under the elven armor perk, bonemold comes with the steel armor perk... and just to add confirmation to what has already been said, stalhrim is ebony and nordic carved is advanced armors.

Stalhrim heavy armor and weapons are a little stronger than ebony and the light armor is probably slightly stronger than glass. Ice enchantments (ice damage on weapons or resist ice on armor) are slightly stronger on stalhrim equipment. As for nordic carved armor, the actual breastplate is slightly stronger than orcish but the rest of the armor (helm, gauntlets, boots) are the same as orcish but nordic shield is weaker. However nordic carved weapons are on par with elven weapons. As far as chitin armor, the heavy armor is the same as steel plate and the light armor is the same as scaled except the chitin breast armor seems to be weaker than scaled breast armor. And lastly bonemold is pretty much the same as steel armor but again the breastplate is stronger and the shield is weaker.

I just thought this info would be helpful to any one starting a new character in skyrim but if you are playing dragon born dlc with a character that is already level 40+ then daedric and dragonbone equipment is better so the new stuff will be obsolete.

drakeheart20

deathbrand armor is the most best so far i can tell u what it gives u and the such first u have the armor chestplate 249rating if u have it upgraded to legendary it will increase stamina by 15 for each piece reaching to 60 total the boots rating 93 gives u 10points more carrying capacity with full set giving it 40points the gauntlets 93rating while dual wielding attacks are 10points more giving it to 40 and the helm personal fav 114rating waterbreathing +100more armor rating with full set totaling the whole amount to 699 with the full set as legendary too fyi complete armor is light armor too btw so really good and as a bonus u get dual legendary swords bloodsythe and soulrender best weapons so far how bloodsythe 53dam when wielded with soulrender takes enemy health and a chance to weaken enemy armor soulrender takes magika and chance to dispell enemy magic defenses so like yea 53dam btw too also at legendary stats may not seem like much but to be honest its really good set i killed miraak and a bunch of dragons very easily with this set theres like 2sets of rare armor to be found thus far and stormfang a greatsword and a few other weapons if u want to know ask lol i got most since i have found all locations in the dragonborn dlc now only trying to unlock its sercets the ruin kagrumez is proofing to be quite hard thus far need 9keys but i have been only able to find 4so far then the ruin called hrothmunds barrow is weird i know theres a sercet there cause of the fact of the weird stone at the end and basically nothing so like yea lol all the while trying to do the quest old friends from neloth of finding the source of the ash spawn attacks fyi not frostmoth fort already tryed wasnt it lol XD

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts