• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey guys!

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!
skyrim-dragonborn-dlc-67299_555x348.jpg

Just thought I would review about the new DLC that came out only today!
First off I have completed the main quests of the DLC and its amazing, a bit dim and short but so much to do!
When I first played it i was a bit disoriented actually... i was VERY disoriented! Only because i didn't know where to start but that's with any DLC Bethesda brings out on Skyrim.

Their are some disadvantages but 70% of it is amazingly immersible and BIG!
The download is preciously 787mb

The DLC has a lot to offer like as such new Armour, weapons, purchasable houses, shouts, items, new soundtrack, a new F*kn island :) and a lot more. The armor is more for level 15-30 though so i didn't bother crafting it but it deffinitly looks boss.

Now, here the disadvantages.

Firstly, there are a lot of lag spikes on the Xbox 360 when I sprint and explore but do note that the DLC hasn't yet came out on PS3 and PC so could be just frame rate of the console, not sure.( Well this is what i experience anyway. Please, comment down below if you are experience some slight lag spikes during the DLC)

Just getting the DLC I had time to have a sit down and play through the whole thing and... well it seemed shorter than I thought. I think it took me 4 hours to complete the main quest and thats without using fast travel. Although i'm sure theirs plenty of brand new side quests! After all its a whole new island with a lot of ruins and dungeons!

There's not a lot of disadvantages about the dlc now for the features:

FEATURES:

• Nordic Carved Armour
  • Bonemold Armour
  • Shout: Dragon aspect (Once a day, take on the mighty aspect of a dragon, delivering colossal blows, with an armored hide, and more powerful shouts.)
  • Shout: Bend Will (Your voice bends the very stones to your will. As it gains power,animals, people and even dragons must do your bidding)
  • (i'm not quite sure if this is true but i think i saw my follower loot from chests as we were exploring dungeon, could be a new script that NPCs can do i'm not sure)
  • New foes! Such as Seekers, Rievers, Lurkers, Bristlebacks, Ash Guardians, WereBears, Netch.
    Most previous Morrowind players will remember most of these creatures from the game and the expansion, Bloodmoon.
  • 3 new dragon masks (excluding miraak's mask)
  • 4 new dragon priests
There's thousands more new items but i would be typing here all day. but please do message me if you know any big features i have missed so i can add them!

Should I get Dragonborn DLC?:
I think the answer is yes. I mean only of course your a big fan of it then its compulsory for big fans for a must buy. The DLC is said to be 30+ hours of game play (that is if your an explorer rather than fast traveler) I don't tend to fast travel, i like to get really deep into RPGs

Dragonborn is much larger than Dawngaurd and Hearthfire it adds alot more.
Summary:
Even though the main quest of the DLC is short, i must admit this is amazing and well worth the 1600 MP ($20) it has a lot to offer and i give it a 9/10 rating.
Hope this post helped your questions! Please do comment or message your thoughts on this. :)

Chryss

I love the new DLC. The quests are fun and the rewards are better. Hell, they GAVE me a house. Its all set up with weapon racks and dummies to display armor. Lots of storage if you cant sell everything right away.

I did find it a bit laggy in spots but Psh, it passed. My character is Lv 70 so the battles are quite epic for me, on expert.

What did set me back was the Albino Spiders, wow, totally unexpected.

I remember reading that people complained the small strongboxes were always empty, they aren't anymore. be sure to open them all. And the Ash Spawn drop ore and gems, sweet!!

I brought Serana with me and I am so glad I did. She is a big help although there is someone to hire if you decide to go it alone and need some help at some point.

Once there, you can fast travel back to Skyrim, which was nice to drop the stuff I wanted to keep, and sell to my fences. It's just a bit weird that when you fast travel back and forth you end up on the boat either way. Oh well, I guess they needed a point of origin, I can live with it.

Overall, I love this DLC. So much to do and explore. I am taking my time, not going to rush through it.

I love the new DLC. The quests are fun and the rewards are better. Hell, they GAVE me a house. Its all set up with weapon racks and dummies to display armor. Lots of storage if you cant sell everything right away.

I did find it a bit laggy in spots but Psh, it passed. My character is Lv 70 so the battles are quite epic for me, on expert.

What did set me back was the Albino Spiders, wow, totally unexpected.

I remember reading that people complained the small strongboxes were always empyt, they aren't anymore. be sure to open them all. And the Ash Spawn drop ore and gems, sweet!!

I brought Serana with me and I am so glad I did. She is a big helpalthough there is someone to hire if you decide to go it alone and need some help at some point.

Once there, you can fast travel back to Skyrim, which was nice to drop the stuff I wanted to keep, and sell to my fences. It's just a bit weird that when you fast travel back and forth you end up on the boat either way. Oh well, I guess they needed a point of origin, I can live with it.

Overall, I love this DLC. So much to do and explore. I am taking my time, not going to rush through it.

Exactly! I rushed with the Dawnguard dlc and i regret it. So with this i just take my time and exploring the whole island. I think I had 2 crashes through out the DLC haha once at the ending-ish of the dlc and second time was at a loading screen not sure what that was all about but could be anything.

Chryss

Same here, I feel I lost alot of Dawnguard because I rushed through it. Not this time, I am going slow and steady.

I had to shut down once after an intense battle. Since I forget to save I had to redo the battle but no biggie, I did it again and was happy with the result.

Well i beat this add-on and found out that there are three new dragon priests and they each have new masks with frost fire or shock resistance
I love the add-on and i use dragons to transport in style all the time now, i also have a daedric mearchant
I usually explore most of the place before i do the quests and then fast travel to the nearest place so it comes in handy alot

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Well i beat this add-on and found out that there are three new dragon priests and they each have new masks with frost fire or shock resistance
I love the add-on and i use dragons to transport in style all the time now, i also have a daedric mearchant
I usually explore most of the place before i do the quests and then fast travel to the nearest place so it comes in handy alot
There are actually 4, although the fourth doesn't give you a mask...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts